“Very popular and we now know why”

La Maison de Petit Pierre
Ranked #1 of 302 Restaurants in Beziers
Price range: US$20 - US$88
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Notre restaurant est lieu de vie, simple, convivial. Ma cuisine : c'est de la bistronomie, cuisine simple de terroir, produits de qualité et de région. un service simple, efficace et avec le sourire. Menus à prix doux !
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very busy on the Friday lunch time we dined there. Wide choice on the menu freshly cooked. Service friendly and speedy, but no pressure for the table. Separate dining room downstairs for large group and delightful patio area for summer. Wine list extensive and reasonably priced. The star for us was without doubt the olive oil on the table. I'm definitely going to search this one out

Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Went there with family while staying in the South of France. The food was delicious in the main and the service excellent. Portions were on the small side- and not cheap. The wine as one would expect was superb. The food is presented in a creative way using local seasonal produce. The waitress could even speak English and helped us understand what we were eating.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were staying in the wonderful Le Presbytere in Thezan les Beziers. The was nowhere available to eat in that small village so we drove into Beziers. La Maison is good, in fact it's very good. My French is atrocious and I definitely lost out in understanding what was on the menu despite the efforts of some of the friendly staff. The menu is pricey and the portions are smallish but the taste and flavours were really good. I had a main course dish of braised and flambed lamb with the lamb flambed at the table. A tip would be to ask for extra sauce before your dish arrives as the portion was quite small. Desserts and especially cheese plates were good. Most of the diners seemed to be ordering the surprise menu and either €38 or €65....as I said, it's a little pricey. Everyone seemed dressed for the occasion and they have a great wine list. Unfortunately I was the designated driver on the night. Next time I'll persuade someone else to drive and I'll make a dent in the credit card by ordering a special wine from their list. Overall it was a very enjoyable night. A side order of dauphinois potatoes would have bulked the meal up and moved it up to 5 stars for me.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

A restaurant with a nice ambiance. Lunch at 23€ was good but not excellent with portions on the small side. However the service badly let down the whole experience. It lacked organisation and attention to customers needs. I spent most of my time looking for service so that my guests could enjoy their lunch, which sadly meant they lacked my company during the meal.

2  Thank William Nigel M
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have been three times now and I love it. I cannot wait until summer to sit in the terrace and to profit the friendly spirit of this restaurant.

The food is breathtaking and I love the creative of the Chef Pierre Augé, It's the most creative food ever with local seasonal product. Another think I liked was their flexibility to prepare some dishes with or without some ingredient, customizing the results per each of us.

It wine's range is just awesome, if you want to match a meat with a perfect red wine, i highly recommend "Château de la Négly, La Falaise.

The check will always under your expectation given the exceptional quality of the food. (lunch around 25€ per person and 35€ at diner for a complete meal with one glass of wine).

2  Thank Marcovitsh347