“Unexpected Stay...Unexpected Service!”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Johns Creek
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Johns Creek
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was quite the weekend! We began in the up-state of South Carolina for a cousin’s wedding and were quickly led to Johns Creek by our father, who was suffering from chest pains, to Emory. My mother, brother, sister-in-law and two young daughters were waiting around the hospital trying to figure out what our plans were going to be during our Dad’s stay at the hospital for an unknown amount of time. Having grown up in the area, we knew your hotel was across the street from Emory and decided to call and check for availability. I spoke with Dwayne, who immediately was compassionate and beyond helpful. By the time my daughters and I made it to the hotel that evening, he had adjoining rooms waiting for our family and a great rate! The girls and I settled in, swam off some energy in the pool and then ordered room service (Mom and the rest of the family were still in ICU with Dad.) Simon cooked us a wonderful dinner and was very amiable to make just a classic grilled cheese for the little ladies. Come bed time, I wondered down the hall to see if there were any cookies left at the front and to our dismay, they were none. Dwayne saw me and asked if he could assist in any way, I asked if there were any cookies and he quickly replied that he would bake us some right up! Not fifteen minutes later, Simon called to let us know that cookies were warm and ready and even proceeded to ask if the “little girls would care for some milk to go with their cookies?” Seriously, who has that kind of service anymore?

The next morning, as we were all headed to the hospital again, we met Varsha, Thomas and Jon Moore. Jon had gone to school with my youngest brother growing up and made us feel even more at ease. We spoke with Varsha and Jon about the possibility of having a late check out or even adding on another night and they told us, no problem, call at any point during the day. A few hours later, it was made obvious that Dad would be in the hospital another night so I quickly phoned Jon and he blocked our rooms for another evening. We eventually made it back to the hotel, made use of the washer and dryer (what a great surprise that was-not coin operated!) and then headed for the pool. The next morning, we were off to check out and Varsha was right there to assist. When Mom called down to the desk to check out, Varsha asked after the girls and if they were hungry. Needless to say, as we loaded the cars to head back to the hospital, she handed my youngest a bag with milks, warm muffins, yogurt and bananas. You have a team with guest service that is beyond words! Never have we experienced such treatment in a hotel, let alone a small business directed hotel. They catered to our family and we only hope they know how much that was appreciated and needed during this time.

We have all headed back to our homes now, except for Mom who is still at the hospital with Dad, but if or when we should ever have to head that way again, we will no doubt be staying at your establishment. Kudos to your team and thank them all for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was one of the nicest hotel stays I've had in a while. It was very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The fitness room was well-equipped. Breakfast buffet was very good. Ordered dinner from room service. Food was great and the price was reasonable, with no added service fees. Overall, a really great stay. Hope I get the chance to visit again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

All I know is if we go out on another family trip id possible we will stay at Hilton Garden Inn.The staff was very very friendly, and we got a great room,we didn't plan on this trip it was last minute but we decided to stay at a great hotel and we did, the room was very clean.it was reasonable price and we loved it!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Received great service at front desk and throughout my stay. Lobby is pristine, new carpet in hallways in process which will enhance aesthetics. Rooms need some major updating for this posh area in addition to exterior grounds.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I am not a Hilton Garden hotel person but after staying at the Hyatt Place a mile down the road I decided that I would try another hotel for this business trip in this area. Great pick. Definitely a step above the Hyatt Place in the area. Room was very clean. Good breakfast and eating area. Would definitely stay at this hotel if I return here and will also try out this brand of hotels in other cities.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great beds mine was the kingsize adjustable. The staff went way out of thier way to insure I was comfortable and always greated me with a warm welcome. Keurig pots in every room...if you are a coffee drinker as I am you will know what a great thing this is, lol. Breakfast is hot and fresh.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The staff and overall hotel is waaay above the norm. They welcomed me with smiling faces and made for an enjoyable, though brief, stay. A quiet break in a busy area. I will plan my business trips in that area around staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johns Creek
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Duluth/Johns Creek
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Alpharetta
Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/Alpharetta-Windward
Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta
Hampton Inn Atlanta / Peachtree Corners / Norcross

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North/Johns Creek? Share your experiences!