“Enjoyable holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canet-en-Roussillon
Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed at Le Brasilia with our children aged 9,9 and 7. We have stayed on three occasions at different campsites in the same area, we probably expected a bit more from Le Brasilia as it is 5 star but it was enjoyable. We stayed with Thomson which was fine, a new caravan, well equiped. The reps were friendly but didnt know a lot about the area, cycle rides and so on. We did find it very busy, only one day when it was cloudy did we get a sunbed, we just lay on our towels on artificial grass. The pools were very busy and I found it difficult to keep an eye on the kids. Shops were a bit pricey, as at most campsites but were good.
The beach was lovely but on two or three days it was so windy that the sand was blowing everywhere and it was impossible to stay for long, I believe that is a bit of a problem in the area.
There is a great restaurant on the beach by the campsite with a kids play area, well worth a visit. All in all we enjoyed our trip but not sure it was any better than other campsites.

Room Tip: Avoid being near the road, very noisy!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PElspethC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I travelled with my 3 sons and husband to Le Brasilia in June and can't wait to go back for longer next year. This was our first time camping, so we couldn't believe how self contained the campsite was. In 2 weeks we only left the site to go to the v trendy beach bar right beside it.

The first thing to say is that although the place is pristine, the facilities excellent, shops great, etc. the main thing that made our holiday so brilliant was the people working there. We got to know everyone by name, were hugged when we left, laughed with them all through the holiday. They make this place special - Kevin, Ian, Nicolas, Driece, Magoli, Jackie, Michael, Gerald, Benji!! They will do anything to help and make your holiday better.

Second is that the facilities are perfect. Our kids are 7, 6 and 4 and were thrilled with the slides, the cheeseburgers by the pool, the choice of pools, the games room (bring lots of change!) and the shows. There is so much happening, make sure you check the board each morning when you go for your fresh croissants at the bakery. It took us until the second week to figure out how much was on. The pool party is great fun, the lifeguards are really helpful and keep a very strict eye on everything. Rules are enforced (no board shorts and look after your kids!) but in a really decent way and we thought the lifeguards couldn't have been nicer (in contrast to some other postings about them blowing whistles at you).

The beach is lovely, and right beside the campsite, so you can chose pool or beach during the day.

We stayed in an Okavango mobile, which had lots of room outside, where we spent all our time. The inside is cramped, but thats what you expect, and it was pristine. You do have to give it a good clean before you leave.

There's a lovely friendly atmosphere through the campsite, and its really safe and patrolled.

We loved this holiday, are definitely coming back and can't wait to see everyone again!

Tara

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Missraisineyes
Bargoed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We have been doing the French mobile home thing for a number of years and this was our first visit to Le Brasilia but as usual stayed with Thomson Al Fresco. We were two families with children aged between 8-18 and visiting for two weeks at the end of June.

THE MOBILE HOME
We decided to try out the Vivaldi Riviera and on the whole we were very pleased with it. One huge negative however was the storage. The Riviera is a completely different layout to the regular Vivaldi and there was barely any storage. The other negative would be that the kitchen was tiny!! There was however, a huge deck which we loved. Our pitch size was great and there was plenty of room for the swingball set. As with some reviews on here regarding the placement of the vans there was a bit of noise from the road but nothing that bothere us.

THE SWIMMING POOL
After reading such negative reviews we were quite concerned. After our first visit to the pool we were no longer worried. The pool area is fab and we as a family loved it. The lifeguards are quite strict but so what? I have no problem with them trying to keep my daughter safe! The speedo thing is strictly adhered to. Not sure why the French insist on this but they do, so I guess that visitors should respect that. The lifeguards were very friendly and polite and my daughter finally learned to swim with one to one swimming lessons with Eva. The no smoking/eating/drinking policy around the pool area is a good idea as the whole area is spotless. We used the pool bar on a regular basis and a lady called Jackie was very warm and friendly and would always have the time of day for you. The pool bar was really lovely and a pleasant place to eat and drink.

THE BEACH
Simply stunning! Direct access and clean with THE most amazing beach bar called Le Swim. They hire out sunbeds and produce such wonderful meals. We spent so much time there and the waiters and waitresses were just lovely.

THE SITE IN GENERAL
This is the best French campsite that we have visited to date. The staff and security people were just lovely and friendly at all times. There is a show on every evening which the kids would not miss. The shops and bakery are fab. The site is immaculate. You have quick, direct access to a lovely beach. The surrounding area is lovely and a trip into Canet Plage is a must.

As you can probably tell, we all had an amazing holiday and we are going back next year without a doubt.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank RhianJay
Al_Fresco_11, Al Fresco Holidays Customer Service Team at Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your holiday with us at Le Brasilia, I'm really glad to hear that you all enjoyed your holiday and we hope to see you again this summer. Kind Regards Al Fresco Holidays.
Norwich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We drove for miles from Santander to get here. We were exhausted but looking forward to a break - we have one holiday a year. When we got there our mobile home was next to a busy road separated only by a thin hedge and lorries and cars were roaring by. Not very relaxing and not very healthy with all those exhaust fumes. We were moved after complaining and after a couple of nights. But somebody else was put in there instead. The rep said Thomson know there is a problem but won't do anything about it. We won't go back for this reason. Otherwise we liked the park and the surroundings and the pool was lovely. We would rebook but looking at others comments don't trust Thomson to ensure we are not in one of these homes near the road. It may not matter to them, but this is our only holiday and it is important to us if it's not peaceful.

Room Tip: Don't go with thomson al fresco!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Liz H
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay on Le Brasilia in 2011, due to customer feedback we have installed a sound wall in 2012 to disperse any noise from the nearby road. Kind Regards Al Fresco Holidays.
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Gosh where do I start??

We booked directly with the campsite, so they only booked in on a Wednesday or the weekend. As flights only arrived from Ireland on Tuesday, we had to find alternative accomodation for Tuesday night !! This was okay in the end, but the hotel we chose found it really difficult to get a taxi for us to bring us to Le brasilia. There are very few taxis in perpingnan, espically ones who can seat a family of five.

On arrival we were outside waiting to speak to reception, there were a couple of young boys sitting at the reception area (maybe 12yrs?) . One of them lay back on the ground, (it was very hot, and no shade to escape under), and a member of staff swiftly came over and told him there was no place for him to lie down like this, and if he wanted to lie down, he should make his way to the beach ??? The young lads were just waiting for the local bus !!

So off to a great start.........we checked in. The staff were lovely, and a REALLY great guy brought us in a buggy car to our moblile home. He was friendly, and became our one and only friend !! The mobile home was nice and clean, but immediately we noticed it had no sunshine whatsoever on the grounds of our plot (even though I requested it when booking the previous November). There was a bottle of water in the fridge and a bottle of rose wine on the table (even though we dont drink rose). it was a nice touch.

I had a look at their welcome pack, and couldnt help but notice the charges set out should you break anything. eg. they gave a complete list of the cost of breaking a cup, large glass, small glass etc. it made us feel on edge the whole time.

Okay so.....so far we could not fault housekeeping or the host guy. Off we went to the swimming pool. In we went with our towels, bags, kids etc, trying to find a bed only to be stopped by the pool attendant to point at our feet. We quickly apologised and my husband and children were putting back on their footwear, only to realise he was asking me to take off my flip flops !!!

They have a no footwear at the pool policy. While I found it strange at first, I quickly agreed that it was better for hygiene. Until then I figured out that they had a no eating policy, no drinking policy, no smoking policy (we dont smoke anyhow), and that meant to us a no enjoyment policy !!!

This leads me to the swim shorts ban............only speedos type shorts/ swimming costumes allowed, and my husband and children were banned from entering the pool on the first day, until we were suitablly dressed !!!

This took a day to go over to Canet, as the local shop had to 'order them in'. The bus / boat had a massive 'siesta', to leave us stranded for hours, so we evectivally wasted a day getting the much hated swimming costumes.

The life guards, while doing their jobs, were executing it in the nicest possible way. They are of course good looking, and keeping up appearances, thankfully they were pleasant in their approach too.

One of my sons has Autism, so it was a little more difficult to keep a watchful eye on him. We had many trips to the pool bar (as you were not allowed to consume any foods or drinks at the poolside (eg an ice cream, drink of water, packet of crisps etc !!!!!!!!), until my son got an inch long splinter in his foot on the decking, at the pool bar.

We were immediately pointed to the poolside first aid. Thankfully the very helpful lifeguart had a tweezers to take out the splinter. He said that was not the first he had seen this season !!! So............trying to make good of a 'difficult' holiday, we ordered food and some drinks. A pint of Heiniken cost €6 and the food took FOREVER, with a little old lady (doing her best) called each number as each order was ready. Ours was called, they 'forgot' my husbands order, so had to wait for his to be made. Meanwhile my kids got too impatient, so i had to leave my husband to eat alone.............really ??

I cannot fault the 'look' of the place, it was pretty, clean, nice, charming etc. but..............it lacked something...............atmosphere !! People were doing their own thing, every man for himself, and all that, but as much as we tried.......no one wanted to say Hello or be nice !!!!!

Is it the Irish in me, that wants a laugh??..... that would like a response ??...that enjoy peoples company??......that likes to have fun??.....that lets go a little on holidays??...........that would like others to enjoy our time together ??........I dunno??..........Where is the atmosphere ??

Okay so I have to give this somep positives........the bakery was nice, when they ran out of stuff, you could see the following morning they were stocking up with extra.....I liked that.

The little grocery was well stocked, pricey , but staff were nice and the shop had a little bit of charm so you didnt mind paying too much more !!

They had a little pizza shop open from 6pm, I heard its not half as nice as the pizza on the main road in, but she was nice, it was well priced, and very tasty..........one of our big highlights !!

Word of warning all the shops close from about 12pm to about 4pm, (god forbid if you need anything.........really??). and then close for the night by about 8pm..........felt like I was in a concentration camp??

The evening entertainment (god love them) was Soooooooooooo bad. They Mimed to the whole recording to 'Sister Act', 'Mama Mia' ect it was really bad. One girl with the curly hair, for som reason was put into the lead rolls, was rubbish, couldnt even 'mime' properly !! My 4yr old would have done a better job !!

I do believe the staff gave all they had, I thinik it was lack of training, and maybe rushed into the positions??............I dunno ??

We spoke with the guy who looks after kids entertainment, and he supported Le brasilia completely (even thought we could spot he didnt agree fully), so have to commend him completely for that, He spoke fluent German and English (just to commend him).

I guess the best till last............I purchased many 'angry birds' toys from the newspaper shop, only one evening to discover that two of the angry birds were 'broken'. My husband swifly agreed to run straight back to the shop to sort the problem out.

Two of the angry birds toys were leaking, he showed the lady in the shop and asked if he could
have a replacement.......he was told to get out of the shop, and that his kids might have stuck pin holes in the items????

So at this point my husband was very upset, as my son with Autism at home would not undestand that the woman in the shop was being unreasonable. Thankfully my husband knew his rights and refused to be ushered out of the shop, and cast aside.

The Love and dermination for our son drove him on to the next situation, (maybe those without children with special needs may not understand??!)

The lady in the shop preceded to throw him out of her shop for being 'dishonest'. She called securty and my husband was brought to the reception desk.

(meanwhile I am at home trying to console my son with Autism that his angry bird would be' 'fixed' so that he could play with them alongside the others)

The 'head of security/management' (so he said) brought my husband to the reception area, He in informed him that he was barred from every shop in the complex, he 'threw' my husbands refund at him and reminded him that he was dishonest, and to not be allowe return again.

While this was very stessfull for my husband, and even more stressful to come home without the replacement toy, we wondered what le brasilia was all about ????

Now my husband was barred from all of the shops, putting extra pressure on me and our family,
He many times vocalised his consumer rights, only to be be told this is France and he didnt know what he was talking about ???..............He was told there were no such rights????????........................Then a very senior memor of staff 'pushed', my husband. He did all he could to walk away, for the sake of me his his wife and his children.

I wish I knew that mans name, I know he senior professional, having pictures taken by a local newspaper. While I work for a newspaper in Ireland, I am egear to see a response to this review.

If you want clean.............yes its clean. If You want fun, atmosphere, joy, laughter, excitement, fun, etc..............go somewhere elese...................YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!! XX

Room Tip: If you are paying top price, dont book here ! xx
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
21 Thank Tinkerbelle333
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Myself,my husband and our 18th month son stayed here last June with Eurocamp. We were impressed by the site itself - very clean with plenty to do - our son enjoyed the pool and play areas and the direct access to the beach was great.
Eurocamp staff were ok, our caravan was nice enough but not exactly spotless. Our pitch was quiet and our neighbours were mostly families.
We had a bbq most nights and the deli/butchers on site was fab for burgers, kebabs etc and local cheese, olives etc we also enjoyed the local wine which was excellent value for money at just over one euro for a litre.
We took the petit train into Canet plage one day when the weather was nt too good so this didn t help but the town was run down with nothing to do - very dissapointing.
Would definatley reccomend this site but dont expect too much from the local town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Pouged
Odiham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We visited Le Brasilia slightly out of season (mid-May), and it was our first Eurocamp experience (my wife had once said she qould NEVER go camping).

We received a warm welcome from the site reception, and from the Eurocamp staff. The static homes were very clean and tidy, as was the site itself.

Le Brasilia seems to have plenty to do for all ages, although there are no specific clubs aimed at under 4s. The pools are excellent, with plenty for all age ranges, and the life guards seemed attentive. The evening entertainment was also very good, with a mini-club aimed at the young children, and a stage show for the adults. The head of entertainment, Benji, was particularly good, and very friendly - our daughter, Evie, adored him.

The site is located just to the North of the main port in Canet, whereas the twon is on the South side. During high season there is a boat to ferry people accross the port, but this does not run out of season. There is a train-bus, which is free for people staying on the site (tickets from reception), that takes you into Canet-Plage and to the supermarket. However, we had a hire car, and the area is perfect for exploring - there is so much to do.

I would certainly recommend the area, and even more, Le Brasilia. The experience has completed changed my wife's opinion of camping, and she has said she would definitely go again!

Room Tip: Tui also offer homes on this site, under the "Al Fresco" banner. The homes looked equally...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canet-en-Roussillon
Le Grand Hotel les Flamants Roses
Le Grand Hotel les Flamants Rose...
#3 of 21 in Canet-en-Roussillon
#5 of 21 in Canet-en-Roussillon
Camping la Pergola
Camping la Pergola
#1 of 7 in Sainte-Marie-la-Mer

Been to Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia? Share your experiences!