“Le Brasilia Eurocamp Mobile Homes are Very Noisy at Night”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canet-en-Roussillon
Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We have just stayed 2 weeks in a Eurocamp mobile home on Yelloh Village Le Brasilia Campsite, Canet Plage, France, high season (July / Aug 2012). We have young children aged between 3 years to12 years. I must tell anyone with younger children that there was A LOT of very loud noise and music from the adjacent campsite discos and entertainment which started at 9.30pm and went on till midnight, nearly every night. The majority of the Eurocamp mobile homes on Le Brasilia are grouped together on the far side near the boundary wall so they get the full force of the noise from the other campsite. My children could not sleep. I have never written a review before. I wish someone had warned me so I am writing now. If you have youngish children and are looking at Eurocamp Le Brasilia then I would really advise looking for a different campsite. Leave this campsite for the teenagers. I don't think it deserves the number of stars it is given in the brochures.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank moshimonster_24
There are newer reviews for Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed in Thomson Alfresco. Pleased with standard of accommodation but traffic noise was an issue. Reps were friendly enough but seemed to be cleaners rather than reps. During our whole stay we felt anonymous, it was not overly friendly. We like to be left to our own devices but there was no effort made by the park to show us what was on offer. No one really made an effort for us as guests. The pool area was nice but overly strict, you felt on edge -to sit in that heat without being able to drink regularly was not on particularly for children and area poorly designed from a safety perspective. Dont get the lycra shorts rule but shops on site benefited! Pool bar v expensive. Restaurant poor. Shops were nice. Had what we needed. Beach was underwhelming as was surrounding area. Good for short transfer from airport If you were camping the shower blocks etc looked good. Whole place v clean. The entertainment was v poor. Really poor taste re mickey takes of Amy Winehouse death, animals appeared badly treated in one show. When we arrived wanted some milk. Shops all closed. The bar charged us 2 euros for a drop of milk in a plastic cup! For what we paid it was poor value for money 2 adults and a teenager. Would not return here but would consider Thomson al fresco accommodation wise. This site was 3 star. Average.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank 2864djcr
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed at Le Brasilia with our children aged 9,9 and 7. We have stayed on three occasions at different campsites in the same area, we probably expected a bit more from Le Brasilia as it is 5 star but it was enjoyable. We stayed with Thomson which was fine, a new caravan, well equiped. The reps were friendly but didnt know a lot about the area, cycle rides and so on. We did find it very busy, only one day when it was cloudy did we get a sunbed, we just lay on our towels on artificial grass. The pools were very busy and I found it difficult to keep an eye on the kids. Shops were a bit pricey, as at most campsites but were good.
The beach was lovely but on two or three days it was so windy that the sand was blowing everywhere and it was impossible to stay for long, I believe that is a bit of a problem in the area.
There is a great restaurant on the beach by the campsite with a kids play area, well worth a visit. All in all we enjoyed our trip but not sure it was any better than other campsites.

Room Tip: Avoid being near the road, very noisy!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PElspethC
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I travelled with my 3 sons and husband to Le Brasilia in June and can't wait to go back for longer next year. This was our first time camping, so we couldn't believe how self contained the campsite was. In 2 weeks we only left the site to go to the v trendy beach bar right beside it.

The first thing to say is that although the place is pristine, the facilities excellent, shops great, etc. the main thing that made our holiday so brilliant was the people working there. We got to know everyone by name, were hugged when we left, laughed with them all through the holiday. They make this place special - Kevin, Ian, Nicolas, Driece, Magoli, Jackie, Michael, Gerald, Benji!! They will do anything to help and make your holiday better.

Second is that the facilities are perfect. Our kids are 7, 6 and 4 and were thrilled with the slides, the cheeseburgers by the pool, the choice of pools, the games room (bring lots of change!) and the shows. There is so much happening, make sure you check the board each morning when you go for your fresh croissants at the bakery. It took us until the second week to figure out how much was on. The pool party is great fun, the lifeguards are really helpful and keep a very strict eye on everything. Rules are enforced (no board shorts and look after your kids!) but in a really decent way and we thought the lifeguards couldn't have been nicer (in contrast to some other postings about them blowing whistles at you).

The beach is lovely, and right beside the campsite, so you can chose pool or beach during the day.

We stayed in an Okavango mobile, which had lots of room outside, where we spent all our time. The inside is cramped, but thats what you expect, and it was pristine. You do have to give it a good clean before you leave.

There's a lovely friendly atmosphere through the campsite, and its really safe and patrolled.

We loved this holiday, are definitely coming back and can't wait to see everyone again!

Tara

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Missraisineyes
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We have been doing the French mobile home thing for a number of years and this was our first visit to Le Brasilia but as usual stayed with Thomson Al Fresco. We were two families with children aged between 8-18 and visiting for two weeks at the end of June.

THE MOBILE HOME
We decided to try out the Vivaldi Riviera and on the whole we were very pleased with it. One huge negative however was the storage. The Riviera is a completely different layout to the regular Vivaldi and there was barely any storage. The other negative would be that the kitchen was tiny!! There was however, a huge deck which we loved. Our pitch size was great and there was plenty of room for the swingball set. As with some reviews on here regarding the placement of the vans there was a bit of noise from the road but nothing that bothere us.

THE SWIMMING POOL
After reading such negative reviews we were quite concerned. After our first visit to the pool we were no longer worried. The pool area is fab and we as a family loved it. The lifeguards are quite strict but so what? I have no problem with them trying to keep my daughter safe! The speedo thing is strictly adhered to. Not sure why the French insist on this but they do, so I guess that visitors should respect that. The lifeguards were very friendly and polite and my daughter finally learned to swim with one to one swimming lessons with Eva. The no smoking/eating/drinking policy around the pool area is a good idea as the whole area is spotless. We used the pool bar on a regular basis and a lady called Jackie was very warm and friendly and would always have the time of day for you. The pool bar was really lovely and a pleasant place to eat and drink.

THE BEACH
Simply stunning! Direct access and clean with THE most amazing beach bar called Le Swim. They hire out sunbeds and produce such wonderful meals. We spent so much time there and the waiters and waitresses were just lovely.

THE SITE IN GENERAL
This is the best French campsite that we have visited to date. The staff and security people were just lovely and friendly at all times. There is a show on every evening which the kids would not miss. The shops and bakery are fab. The site is immaculate. You have quick, direct access to a lovely beach. The surrounding area is lovely and a trip into Canet Plage is a must.

As you can probably tell, we all had an amazing holiday and we are going back next year without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank RhianJay
Al_Fresco_11, Al Fresco Holidays Customer Service Team at Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your holiday with us at Le Brasilia, I'm really glad to hear that you all enjoyed your holiday and we hope to see you again this summer. Kind Regards Al Fresco Holidays.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We drove for miles from Santander to get here. We were exhausted but looking forward to a break - we have one holiday a year. When we got there our mobile home was next to a busy road separated only by a thin hedge and lorries and cars were roaring by. Not very relaxing and not very healthy with all those exhaust fumes. We were moved after complaining and after a couple of nights. But somebody else was put in there instead. The rep said Thomson know there is a problem but won't do anything about it. We won't go back for this reason. Otherwise we liked the park and the surroundings and the pool was lovely. We would rebook but looking at others comments don't trust Thomson to ensure we are not in one of these homes near the road. It may not matter to them, but this is our only holiday and it is important to us if it's not peaceful.

Room Tip: Don't go with thomson al fresco!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Liz H

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay on Le Brasilia in 2011, due to customer feedback we have installed a sound wall in 2012 to disperse any noise from the nearby road. Kind Regards Al Fresco Holidays.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Gosh where do I start??

We booked directly with the campsite, so they only booked in on a Wednesday or the weekend. As flights only arrived from Ireland on Tuesday, we had to find alternative accomodation for Tuesday night !! This was okay in the end, but the hotel we chose found it really difficult to get a taxi for us to bring us to Le brasilia. There are very few taxis in perpingnan, espically ones who can seat a family of five.

On arrival we were outside waiting to speak to reception, there were a couple of young boys sitting at the reception area (maybe 12yrs?) . One of them lay back on the ground, (it was very hot, and no shade to escape under), and a member of staff swiftly came over and told him there was no place for him to lie down like this, and if he wanted to lie down, he should make his way to the beach ??? The young lads were just waiting for the local bus !!

So off to a great start.........we checked in. The staff were lovely, and a REALLY great guy brought us in a buggy car to our moblile home. He was friendly, and became our one and only friend !! The mobile home was nice and clean, but immediately we noticed it had no sunshine whatsoever on the grounds of our plot (even though I requested it when booking the previous November). There was a bottle of water in the fridge and a bottle of rose wine on the table (even though we dont drink rose). it was a nice touch.

I had a look at their welcome pack, and couldnt help but notice the charges set out should you break anything. eg. they gave a complete list of the cost of breaking a cup, large glass, small glass etc. it made us feel on edge the whole time.

Okay so.....so far we could not fault housekeeping or the host guy. Off we went to the swimming pool. In we went with our towels, bags, kids etc, trying to find a bed only to be stopped by the pool attendant to point at our feet. We quickly apologised and my husband and children were putting back on their footwear, only to realise he was asking me to take off my flip flops !!!

They have a no footwear at the pool policy. While I found it strange at first, I quickly agreed that it was better for hygiene. Until then I figured out that they had a no eating policy, no drinking policy, no smoking policy (we dont smoke anyhow), and that meant to us a no enjoyment policy !!!

This leads me to the swim shorts ban............only speedos type shorts/ swimming costumes allowed, and my husband and children were banned from entering the pool on the first day, until we were suitablly dressed !!!

This took a day to go over to Canet, as the local shop had to 'order them in'. The bus / boat had a massive 'siesta', to leave us stranded for hours, so we evectivally wasted a day getting the much hated swimming costumes.

The life guards, while doing their jobs, were executing it in the nicest possible way. They are of course good looking, and keeping up appearances, thankfully they were pleasant in their approach too.

One of my sons has Autism, so it was a little more difficult to keep a watchful eye on him. We had many trips to the pool bar (as you were not allowed to consume any foods or drinks at the poolside (eg an ice cream, drink of water, packet of crisps etc !!!!!!!!), until my son got an inch long splinter in his foot on the decking, at the pool bar.

We were immediately pointed to the poolside first aid. Thankfully the very helpful lifeguart had a tweezers to take out the splinter. He said that was not the first he had seen this season !!! So............trying to make good of a 'difficult' holiday, we ordered food and some drinks. A pint of Heiniken cost €6 and the food took FOREVER, with a little old lady (doing her best) called each number as each order was ready. Ours was called, they 'forgot' my husbands order, so had to wait for his to be made. Meanwhile my kids got too impatient, so i had to leave my husband to eat alone.............really ??

I cannot fault the 'look' of the place, it was pretty, clean, nice, charming etc. but..............it lacked something...............atmosphere !! People were doing their own thing, every man for himself, and all that, but as much as we tried.......no one wanted to say Hello or be nice !!!!!

Is it the Irish in me, that wants a laugh??..... that would like a response ??...that enjoy peoples company??......that likes to have fun??.....that lets go a little on holidays??...........that would like others to enjoy our time together ??........I dunno??..........Where is the atmosphere ??

Okay so I have to give this somep positives........the bakery was nice, when they ran out of stuff, you could see the following morning they were stocking up with extra.....I liked that.

The little grocery was well stocked, pricey , but staff were nice and the shop had a little bit of charm so you didnt mind paying too much more !!

They had a little pizza shop open from 6pm, I heard its not half as nice as the pizza on the main road in, but she was nice, it was well priced, and very tasty..........one of our big highlights !!

Word of warning all the shops close from about 12pm to about 4pm, (god forbid if you need anything.........really??). and then close for the night by about 8pm..........felt like I was in a concentration camp??

The evening entertainment (god love them) was Soooooooooooo bad. They Mimed to the whole recording to 'Sister Act', 'Mama Mia' ect it was really bad. One girl with the curly hair, for som reason was put into the lead rolls, was rubbish, couldnt even 'mime' properly !! My 4yr old would have done a better job !!

I do believe the staff gave all they had, I thinik it was lack of training, and maybe rushed into the positions??............I dunno ??

We spoke with the guy who looks after kids entertainment, and he supported Le brasilia completely (even thought we could spot he didnt agree fully), so have to commend him completely for that, He spoke fluent German and English (just to commend him).

I guess the best till last............I purchased many 'angry birds' toys from the newspaper shop, only one evening to discover that two of the angry birds were 'broken'. My husband swifly agreed to run straight back to the shop to sort the problem out.

Two of the angry birds toys were leaking, he showed the lady in the shop and asked if he could
have a replacement.......he was told to get out of the shop, and that his kids might have stuck pin holes in the items????

So at this point my husband was very upset, as my son with Autism at home would not undestand that the woman in the shop was being unreasonable. Thankfully my husband knew his rights and refused to be ushered out of the shop, and cast aside.

The Love and dermination for our son drove him on to the next situation, (maybe those without children with special needs may not understand??!)

The lady in the shop preceded to throw him out of her shop for being 'dishonest'. She called securty and my husband was brought to the reception desk.

(meanwhile I am at home trying to console my son with Autism that his angry bird would be' 'fixed' so that he could play with them alongside the others)

The 'head of security/management' (so he said) brought my husband to the reception area, He in informed him that he was barred from every shop in the complex, he 'threw' my husbands refund at him and reminded him that he was dishonest, and to not be allowe return again.

While this was very stessfull for my husband, and even more stressful to come home without the replacement toy, we wondered what le brasilia was all about ????

Now my husband was barred from all of the shops, putting extra pressure on me and our family,
He many times vocalised his consumer rights, only to be be told this is France and he didnt know what he was talking about ???..............He was told there were no such rights????????........................Then a very senior memor of staff 'pushed', my husband. He did all he could to walk away, for the sake of me his his wife and his children.

I wish I knew that mans name, I know he senior professional, having pictures taken by a local newspaper. While I work for a newspaper in Ireland, I am egear to see a response to this review.

If you want clean.............yes its clean. If You want fun, atmosphere, joy, laughter, excitement, fun, etc..............go somewhere elese...................YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!! XX

Room Tip: If you are paying top price, dont book here ! xx
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
21  Thank Tinkerbelle333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canet-en-Roussillon
Le Grand Hotel les Flamants Roses
Le Grand Hotel les Flamants Rose...
#3 of 21 in Canet-en-Roussillon
#14 of 21 in Canet-en-Roussillon
Camping Le Sainte Marie
Camping Le Sainte Marie
#3 of 7 in Sainte-Marie-la-Mer

Been to Yelloh! Village Le Brasilia? Share your experiences!