“good and bad in equal measure”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cap-d'Agde
Le golf du Cap d'Agde
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Cap-d'Agde
Bexley Kent
“good and bad in equal measure”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I booked last minute and drove from the UK overnight, arrived very tired and was happy enough. Despite the hotel being literally empty, they had forgotten the pull out bed for my daughter. I had been promised a two bedded room but that was forgotten in our tired state. By the time they had installed the bed and we had collected our own luggage it was time for breakfast. This was a simple affair, and nice enough, but there were only two other couples and so they didn’t go mad. The cooked element was disappointingly small and at 54 Euros for three I felt ripped off. The next days we went to the Boulanger over the road and ate in the sun for 12 Euros.
The hotel pool outside was tiny, 12 foot across. The indoor pool had no showers, and was full of leaves, no attendant and no way to clear them out. The changing facilities were rubbish. The hotel is on the edge of the 10th green, and the wind, not noticeable in the port or really anywhere else, was blowing a constant gale off the course, for all three days we were there. I can’t imagine being able to eat outside there.
The rooms were ok, clean and functional, obviously no TV channels in English whatsoever. The separate toilet, whilst huge, had no sink, and no bidet. The communal areas were nice enough, a bit Marriot meets Travelodge, and the staff were mainly ok, although they really didn’t like it when you complained about anything, and showed it. If it was one of my hotels, I would have trained the staff to be much more accepting of criticism of the hotel. I said that the breakfast was overpriced and didn’t expect to be charged full price for such meagre offerings and was treated to an attitude by that female member of staff for the rest of our stay, despite me being very polite. The staff were friendly too, (the male receptionist suggesting I take my wife and 15 year old daughter to the Naturist camp for the “wife swap night” that he goes to was a particularly heartfelt suggestion) until I checked out. As I mentioned earlier, I had asked for a twin bedded room, and been given a double and a pull out, but on the bill was an extra 105 Euros for the camp bed. I was told by the receptionist that it was he that I had spoken to when booking and he had told me of the charge. Absolute drivel, there was no language barrier and I wouldn’t have forgotten that having booked only 3 hour before leaving!
Overall, having stayed at 4 and 5 star hotel around Europe, this is neither remarkably good, nor remarkably poor.

One word of warning; the balconies have shutters and they have fixed the catches to the floor, just as you step it of the door. THEY REALLY HURT when you kick them.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank simonjcarr

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)