“Lovely stay!”
other travellers have booked this property
1st floor sitting room left side 1st floor dining room
1st floor bathroom
1st floor balcony overlooking garden
Rue Pierre Brune nearby for nearby walk
View of Ceret
Collioure just over a half-hour drive
The Devils Bridge, Ceret
Mount Canigou nearby
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

3jenny21
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay!”
Reviewed 2 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

A really great apartment full of character and in a fabulous central location in Ceret old town. Everything provided for a comfortable stay. Lots to see and do here including Museum of Modern Art, Musical Instruments Museum and a lovely recital hall which had a string quartet concert on while we were staying. If you are lucky (we were) there may be a Catalan festival with local music and dancing on the streets by the apartment. There was also an evening craft market, a flea market and the regular Saturday market as well. Plenty of good restaurants, and small supermarket, all within walking distance. Larger supermarket a short drive away. We would definitely stay again!

4 Aug 2017
So pleased that you enjoyed the local events. The Mairie does a great job in organising them throughout the year and, of course, particularly in the summer. However, I adore the place off-season, so that's when I try to get there: winter sunshine is definitely preferable to UK grey skies! I hope that you will come again soon, whatever the time of year! Thank you for a such a good review - most appreciated.
Wolsties2...
London, United Kingdom
“Look no further - excellent in every respect !”
Reviewed 10 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Comfortable, spacious and very pretty 2 bedroom flat in 19th century townhouse in the heart of Ceret's old town. Clean and very well-equipped down to the last detail. The helpful and friendly owner provides an excellent set of notes on all the many things to do in the area. We've just spent a memorable week there with our granddaughter and loved every moment. Highly recommended !

Your age range 50-64
10 Jun 2017
Thank you! What a great review. Delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. I do hope you and your family will be back in the near future.
Thomasgou...
Brits retired in France
“Perfect in every way!”
Reviewed 16 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The apartment was lovely and had everything we needed and more. Located very close to the centre of Ceret, shops and bakeries were withing walking distance and the Saturday market was a real treat setting up, as it did, right under our window and extending all through the town The location was perfect for exploring the area with an enormous variety of landscape and attractions within easy reach. My Canadian friends fell in love with Maison de Maitre and we all threw a coin in the fountain in the hope of returning

16 May 2017
Thank you for your wonderful review. And thank you for emailing just after you'd arrived to say how delighted you were with the apartment! I know you're hoping to return and I do hope so too. Thanks for being such good guests!
Maytree
Hastings
“Ceret break!”
Reviewed 27 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The first floor apartment was spacious and comfortable. The house is perfectly situated in a quiet treelined road in the heart of Ceret old town. A few steps to shops and cafes in the centre of town.
Beds were comfortable and both bedrooms led to a small balcony with late afternoon sun .
Kitchen was well equipped, electric heaters warmed the rooms quickly when we had a cold snap during two evenings.
Lovely part of the country with great views and we were lucky to have non stop sunshine. Sitting room and kitchen were rather dark as the windows were shaded by plane trees but we were out most days so it wasn't a great problem.
All in all a nice place to stay with good access to Spain and the coast.

16 May 2017
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay in Ceret and appreciated the area. Both town and countryside have a great deal to offer. I am, however, somewhat surprised that you found the sitting room and dining room/kitchen "rather dark"! You are the first ones in 15 years who have made such a comment. The sitting room has two sets of French windows and the kitchen has one set and both rooms have high ceilings and white walls - so I personally can't understand your finding natural light being an issue! Still, I will be there in June! I do hope that, like many other of my visitors, you will consider returning one day.
Judy N
BC, anada
“Great accommodation in a equally great location in a charming town”
Reviewed 28 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We're pleased that we chose to stay in Ceret and also very pleased at our choice of accommodation. Wendy's flat is on what we North Americans would call the second floor, overlooking the narrow street in the front and a cluster of other buildings and green space in the rear. This is a seriously old apartment in which all the essential ingredients like the kitchen and bathroom have been upgraded. "Old" means character, high ceilings, and space, which we love, but it also means occasional bits of chipped paint or cracked tile. The online photos paint a clear picture, but don't really capture the spaciousness. When we arrived a key had been left for us. We wished we'd known about the timed hallway light switch just to the right inside the entrance door. (There's another just outside the apartment door.) Our first impression upon entering was not a good one as all the interior doors we shut and we found ourselves in a charmless hallway. But as soon as doors were opened we knew we'd made a good choice. The two large bedrooms, both with generous windows had basic, but perfectly adequate furnishings--really only beds and night tables, chests of drawers, and a couple of folding chairs. The master bedroom had its own compact powder room and doors that opened out to a narrow balcony overlooking other apartments and a bit of green space. Sadly, the weather was too cool and/or wet to use it more than once. The large bathroom had modern fixtures, including a combined bath tub and shower, a heated towel rack,and a washer and drier. The large living area was bright and tastefully furnished with comfortable seating and attractive extras like paintings and prints. Great use of colour. And we loved spending time in the very functional kitchen/dining area with double doors open to the living room and window/doors overlooking the activity on the street below. (Much nicer than being at ground level.) We--specially me!--were very pleased to find electric heating in every room. There were also two space heaters, but we had no idea how to work them. (Most renters would probably have had explanations of everything from Jay, Wendy's manager in Ceret, but as Jay was unable to meet us, we had to try to figure out everything on our own or with emailed help from Jay. It would be best to leave written instructions for people like us who didn't have someone to greet them.) I think we found absolutely everything we needed in the apartment and even more--Wendy has amassed an enormous pile of tourist information, which we found very useful. The wi-fi was reliable. We were concerned about the parking, but were always able to find some in one of the public parking areas less than five minutes away. Others coming in the height of tourist season might not be as lucky. The parking lot was also the garbage and recycling area, which was very convenient. The location right in the old town was excellent. Communications with Wendy by email were warm and responsive. By now you can probably guess that we can highly recommend staying at Maison de Maitre 1st Floor.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort and charm of the apartment and the excellent location.
Liked least: Altho' it was not a big deal, having insuffficient
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
30 Oct 2015
So glad you had a good stay, but sorry the weather on the cool side as October can be wonderfully warm. I have taken note re missing instructions - in fact there is a folder with instructions for everything, but I fear that a previous visitor may have tucked it away. Hopefully I will find it when I visit shortly to do a post-season. My manager Jay always does her level best to meet visitors but sometimes timings just don't work out I'm afraid. But I know she's very quick to respond when help is needed. Thank you for the review - it is most appreciated.
Reviewed 11 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Liked best: It felt homely
Liked least: Nothing really however there is no TV so I missed the tennis
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
24 Jul 2015
Thank you. I do aim to please, so it is a pleasure that so many visitors enjoy the apartment, the town and the area as you have expressed that you did. I think that about half my bookings come from returning visitors - some of whom have been many, many times. They seem like friends, even though we usually have never met! I do hope you will be back - and maybe more than once!
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spaciousness and comfort of the apartment
Liked least: No dislikes
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children
8 Nov 2014
Praise indeed! Thank you! It is not often that I get the chance to meet my visitors, as I did you, so your warm words are even more appreciated. I am very glad that you and your family, scattered across the globe as you are, enjoyed a reunion in Céret - it's a great choice for such an occasion, having enough restaurants and cafés, etc., but also being a really small and friendly town. As you say, the market, right outside the door on Saturdays, is great fun and perfect for those that like to cook! Hopefully, you will have another family reunion here one day?!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing