“A pleasant B&B in the pleasantest place in Wales”

and 1 more site!
Manorbier Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Manorbier B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Katherine manages to fill her small B&B (two rooms) with individual flair and made us feel very welcome. And so did Fudge, her young cocker spaniel, one of the liveliest dogs we’ve ever seen who is friendly to everybody. Katherine kept her out of the way during meals and such, though, so that we were never bothered by her. We liked the informal atmosphere.

Breakfasts were freshly cooked (there is a menu to choose from) and featured a large proportion of local or homemade food, which made for a delicious start to the day. For afternoon tea, Katherine provided slices of her excellent home-baked cakes.

The attention to quality also showed in the rooms: Though our room was small (probably too small for a couple traveling with a child), it was nicely appointed in a modern(ish) style. The window looked out over the castle and beach a few hundred meters away. The en-suite bathroom, while on the small side as well, wouldn’t be out of place in a high-end hotel. There is also a large sitting room and a patio that guests can share.

Manorbier itself is a tourist destination for people who don’t like tourist destinations: It has everything you need, but not more – a pub, a cafe, a nice restaurant, a very nice beach, a church and castle to visit, a small supermarket. What tourism there is doesn’t distract from a friendly, quiet place where it isn’t hard to relax and enjoy life.

Katherine seemed to know almost anything there is to know about Pembrokeshire and gave us very helpful tips on what to see and where to eat.

We enjoyed our first stay in Manorbier Bed & Breakfast very much and are planning repeated returns. (Apparently, we are not alone in this, so early booking seems to be advisable.)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
kbawelon, Owner at Manorbier Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

I really appreciate this couple highlighting a couple of points regarding the room sizes for both the advertised twin and new double room with ensuite. Luckily they notified me that they were tall which would require a room with no bed end which the double does not have for this very reason. The reason the bedrooms and shower rooms are smaller than in the main part of the house is that the main guest part of the house was a cottage dating back to at least 1877 or before so the room sizes are dictated by this original cottage. The rest of the house was built on in the 1930's and renovated in 2002 to make it open plan with large floor to ceiling windows. Guests can enjoy their open plan sitting room next to the dining room leading out onto the patio. There are two areas for people to sit and enjoy the garden.They can choose the deckchairs on the sundeck or the patio.
For anyone reading this review and a couple of recent reviews guests are correct I get extremely booked up very early in the season for various lengths of stays ranging from 1 - 8 night stays each year. As I am such a small bed and breakfast and people may be interested in booking for this year or next it may be advisable to book early as previous reviewers have highlighted rather than leave it to last minute, although I will always recommend my close friends B and B in Manorbier or other equally lovely places to stay if future guests cannot book in here.

There are newer reviews for Manorbier Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Another year goes by, and another stay in a fantastic BnB with a wonderful host who tirelessly opens up the beauty of Pembrokeshire, and own home, to the world! The views are stunning as ever, the rooms are top-class. Manorbier is a fantastic village to visit and always brings a smile to the soul. Thanks again! :) PS, how's Fudge? :D

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IainEP

It is lovely when guests want to come and stay again and are not disappointed that the way i run this place is not the same. My aim is that people can relax, enjoy the produce which i review and select at the beginning of every year from local producers. I am always open to any feedback or suggestions as to how i could improve people's holidays here and for what people would like for their breakfast. I try as far as i am able to produce food to cater for everyone's dietary requests. I am delighted that this family has highlighted how wonderful Manorbier is but then I am biased to its delights of Manorbier.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

On entering Manorbier we knew we were in for a lovely few days. The weather was at its best....but the place was so lovely, unspoilt by commercialism, but with everything just right, and the owner,Katherine, was friendly, chatty and very informative. Our room(twin beds) was very comfortable and our view was beautiful...castle and church and beach! We had our breakfast around a large table where the other guests sat, so we were able to chat (or not) to the others and exchange explorations. We had a communal sitting room available to us and we had full use of the garden. We could have had use of wifi if wished. The village has a pub,a church,an hotel and a cafe/shop which sells all sorts of things. i bought several items.
All in all I don't want anyone else to find it!! So we can have it to ourselves! Selfish? Nah!

Room Tip: (Sorry! No pool) Booking essential as so popular. The twin bed room has separate shower room but i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
kbawelon, Owner at Manorbier Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

I am delighted this couple enjoyed the twin room and found it interesting talking to guests at breakfast. I do not force people to eat together because I feel people should not be dictated to during their stay.It made me smile that they obviously debated as to whether they should write this review at all because they did not want to let future guuests thinking about coming to know about it! It is true I get booked up extremely early so people even if they want to come outside school holidays have to do some forward planning to book in here because I am such a small B and B and rather surprisingly extremely busy with people wishing to stay,4,5,6,7 and 8 days! I would also like to thank this couple for highlighting that it is not possible for wheelchair users to be able to stay here sadly, as it is primarily my family home and not a purpose built B and B.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We spent a wonderful, relaxing two nights here last weekend. We had the twin room which has amazing views over the castle and beach and an unbelievably comfortable bed. Katherine was a great hostess, nothing too much trouble and everything you would need in the room (including homemade cake!). The garden is a haven of tranquility where we enjoyed a bottle of wine in the sunshine. Breakfast was a real treat with local produce and found it a really refreshing change to share the breakfast table with other guests. The beach, castle, pub (with sky sports!), shop and restaurant are a short walk away and there are lots of other great beaches a short drive away. Finally, we couldn't leave a review without mentioning the gorgeous fudge who is a delight - we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
kbawelon, Owner at Manorbier Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you both it may have helped that it was blazing hot sunshine for you to enjoy the delights of the sun deck area throughout the whole weekend,it does make a place look a lot better. It is really great when people can enjoy their wine and drinks if they want to on the patio or sun deck. Really I think Fudge is going for super stardom all I need to do now is train her up to be a domestic goddess I can relax!
Anyone worried about sharing a dining room table should be reassured that nobody needs to eat at the same time. Guests can choose when they have their breakfast between 07.00 - 09.30. I am glad this couple found it an enjoyable experience and valued the Pembrokeshire or homemade produce I serve to guests.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We spent our second wedding anniversary here, Katherine is a great host. She even put a small bottle of champagne and chocolates in our room! Room was comfortable with fantastic views. Garden beautiful, sitting room full of magazines. Breakfast was a feast and plenty of choice. But most of all we fell in love with Katherine's dog Fudge! Adorable! I am sure we will return one day!

Room Tip: Not sure what the other room was like but we had a double with ensuite and views. It was great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

I am really delighted that you enjoyed your stay here particularly as you had family who live in this area and wanted to spend your anniversary here which was a very special occasion for you.both.Fudge has now become a super star overnight she is far more charming than I am really potentially I shall have to train her up to run the whole show! Many thanks, Katherine

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We spent 1 night in Katherine b&b,
The view was stunning, the rooms were just renovated, we took one double and one twin, both of them were clean and comfortable.
The hospitality was warm and welcoming, from ideas were to travel in the area through a grate delicious fully home made breakfast.

Can defiantly say it's the best b&b we were in

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Danailan
kbawelon, Owner at Manorbier Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

I would like to thank this wonderful family for there beautiful review of my little b and b by the sea.They decided to take a trip to Pembrokeshire and were planning to take a trip to Snowdon the next day, but I persuaded them to enjoy the delights of Pembrokeshire as they had only come for a weekend away and I am really glad they enjoyed their time here and it lived up to what they had expected if they stayed here many thanks to you all for coming it was a delight to welcome you.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at Awelon over the Easter break and I can say that the place itself, the owner Katherine and the overall service were all excellent. The bedroom was recently decorated so was to a very good standard and the breakfasts with local produce were superb (and chocolate eggs and hot cross buns on Easter Sunday!!). On the day I left I asked Katherine if she could help me track down a missed oportunity and she has been superb and helped me out hugely, excellent after stay service!! Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
kbawelon, Owner at Manorbier Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

I am really delighted this guest enjoyed his Easter Weekend and that he appreciated his newly refurbished room and new private shower room. I am also think it was extremely kind of him to mention my Easter Breakfast and Easter Eggs for all my guests. I will always try and help guests if they have any questions or queries both before,during and after their stay and if I do not have the answer then I will find someone who does have an answer to a guest's question. I am delighted he thought I was so helpful after his stay it was no trouble whatsoever.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manorbier
Broadmead Boutique B&B
Castlemead Hotel
Castlemead Hotel
#2 of 6 in Manorbier
Brynteg Bed and Breakfast - Manorbier

Been to Manorbier Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!