“Great B&B and Lovely Gluten free Breakfast”

Manorbier Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Manorbier B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Great B&B and Lovely Gluten free Breakfast”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Arrived on a very wet & windy evening to a very warm welcome and gluten free muffins & chocolate brownies which were just what was required. We had the double room with the gorgeous views over the bay & castle. A lovely gluten free breakfast was provided the next morning. We were very sorry that we could only stay the one night and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Feandham
kbawelon, Owner at Manorbier Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
I am very pleased you enjoyed your gluten free produce and your whistle stop tour of Manobier and Pembrokeshire.
I have some very very sad news for guests wanting to stay this year unfortunately I have just had a huge fire which has destroyed the entire first floor and will need gutting, rewiring again, and new plumbing so all my new bathrooms of last year will be re done again.
On a positive side everything will be new again for 2015 and I look forward to welcoming you all.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lelystad, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We turned up unexpectated at the doorstep. But we felt very welcome. We were surprised the next morning by the stunning view from our window! We had views on Manorbier castle and the beach.
Manorbier is an lovely village at the beach, lot's of places to exlpore in Pembrokeshire.
A lovely host, she could tell us all about the surroundings, things to do and where to eat. Very good home-cooked breakfast, I really liked the fresh fruits and the homemade cereals. A wonderful garden and a warm but light house.
Nothings to much for our host, a fresh cake or fruit in our room every day and we even got a bottle of wine! And all this for a very good price. We will come back all the way from Holland one day! We flew to Bristol Airport en rented a car, not too expensive for a small holiday!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FamOtte
kbawelon, Owner at Manorbier Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
I was lucky enough to have you to stay to by chance having driven past my house when you were going to stay elsewhere. It was really great that you enjoyed my homemade produce and the delights of exploring South Pembrokeshire in the sunshine during your mini weekend away. I look forward to welcoming you to stay again so that you can explore the north of the county which has an equally diverse and dramatic landscape.
surrey
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip to Wales and had a lovely stay. We stayed in a few B&Bs and this is head and shoulders above the rest. We had the double room and the view you wake up to is gorgeous -of the castle and the beach. Room was modern and very clean and the homemade cake in the room was a lovely touch. The breakfast, again included homemade bread and jam as well as a full cooked breakfast. Katherine's care and attention to detail are much appreciated, as is the advice on local places to visit - Barafundle beach was absolutely beautiful. I would thorougly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank KateandChris
kbawelon, Owner at Manorbier Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
I am glad you really enjoyed your stay and your holiday in Wales as this is my home and I live in the house but try as far as possible to let guests have the run of the majority of the house. I am extremely lucky to live here and yes the views over the beach and the castle do help! As seasoned B and B people its very encouraging for me that you enjoyed the holiday and my tips for where to visit in pembrokeshire were of value to you both. Many thanks
Braunschweig, Germany
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Marnorbier is a gem of a village in a stunning setting at the Pembrokeshire coast.
The B&B is situated overlooking the castle with a view onto the beautiful beach. The very good local pub and hotel are close by, both offering good food.
Katherine is a lovely host, offering a high quality breakfast and home baked cake. Nothing seems to be too much for her.
Thank you for the short but very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with me in Manorbier. It was great that you highlighted that the pub and the Castlemead in the village are good places to eat which help's future guests to have an independent review. Just to re assure future guests I try as far as possible to maintain a good standard of cleanliness and keeping this place tidy. Sometimes it is difficult when I have a lot of people who have been to the beach! I also having a cocker spaniel which means that this place is not always spotless as I would like. I do appreciate and value any feedback positive or negative as it helps improve my business.
Kiel, Germany
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Katherine manages to fill her small B&B (two rooms) with individual flair and made us feel very welcome. And so did Fudge, her young cocker spaniel, one of the liveliest dogs we’ve ever seen who is friendly to everybody. Katherine kept her out of the way during meals and such, though, so that we were never bothered by her. We liked the informal atmosphere.

Breakfasts were freshly cooked (there is a menu to choose from) and featured a large proportion of local or homemade food, which made for a delicious start to the day. For afternoon tea, Katherine provided slices of her excellent home-baked cakes.

The attention to quality also showed in the rooms: Though our room was small (probably too small for a couple traveling with a child), it was nicely appointed in a modern(ish) style. The window looked out over the castle and beach a few hundred meters away. The en-suite bathroom, while on the small side as well, wouldn’t be out of place in a high-end hotel. There is also a large sitting room and a patio that guests can share.

Manorbier itself is a tourist destination for people who don’t like tourist destinations: It has everything you need, but not more – a pub, a cafe, a nice restaurant, a very nice beach, a church and castle to visit, a small supermarket. What tourism there is doesn’t distract from a friendly, quiet place where it isn’t hard to relax and enjoy life.

Katherine seemed to know almost anything there is to know about Pembrokeshire and gave us very helpful tips on what to see and where to eat.

We enjoyed our first stay in Manorbier Bed & Breakfast very much and are planning repeated returns. (Apparently, we are not alone in this, so early booking seems to be advisable.)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
kbawelon, Owner at Manorbier Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
I really appreciate this couple highlighting a couple of points regarding the room sizes for both the advertised twin and new double room with ensuite. Luckily they notified me that they were tall which would require a room with no bed end which the double does not have for this very reason. The reason the bedrooms and shower rooms are smaller than in the main part of the house is that the main guest part of the house was a cottage dating back to at least 1877 or before so the room sizes are dictated by this original cottage. The rest of the house was built on in the 1930's and renovated in 2002 to make it open plan with large floor to ceiling windows. Guests can enjoy their open plan sitting room next to the dining room leading out onto the patio. There are two areas for people to sit and enjoy the garden.They can choose the deckchairs on the sundeck or the patio.
For anyone reading this review and a couple of recent reviews guests are correct I get extremely booked up very early in the season for various lengths of stays ranging from 1 - 8 night stays each year. As I am such a small bed and breakfast and people may be interested in booking for this year or next it may be advisable to book early as previous reviewers have highlighted rather than leave it to last minute, although I will always recommend my close friends B and B in Manorbier or other equally lovely places to stay if future guests cannot book in here.
Skegness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Another year goes by, and another stay in a fantastic BnB with a wonderful host who tirelessly opens up the beauty of Pembrokeshire, and own home, to the world! The views are stunning as ever, the rooms are top-class. Manorbier is a fantastic village to visit and always brings a smile to the soul. Thanks again! :) PS, how's Fudge? :D

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank IainEP
It is lovely when guests want to come and stay again and are not disappointed that the way i run this place is not the same. My aim is that people can relax, enjoy the produce which i review and select at the beginning of every year from local producers. I am always open to any feedback or suggestions as to how i could improve people's holidays here and for what people would like for their breakfast. I try as far as i am able to produce food to cater for everyone's dietary requests. I am delighted that this family has highlighted how wonderful Manorbier is but then I am biased to its delights of Manorbier.
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

On entering Manorbier we knew we were in for a lovely few days. The weather was at its best....but the place was so lovely, unspoilt by commercialism, but with everything just right, and the owner,Katherine, was friendly, chatty and very informative. Our room(twin beds) was very comfortable and our view was beautiful...castle and church and beach! We had our breakfast around a large table where the other guests sat, so we were able to chat (or not) to the others and exchange explorations. We had a communal sitting room available to us and we had full use of the garden. We could have had use of wifi if wished. The village has a pub,a church,an hotel and a cafe/shop which sells all sorts of things. i bought several items.
All in all I don't want anyone else to find it!! So we can have it to ourselves! Selfish? Nah!

Room Tip: (Sorry! No pool) Booking essential as so popular. The twin bed room has separate shower room but i...