“Great find”

Swanlake Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manorbier
Swanlake Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 6 Manorbier B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here with our children and dogs. Really great find - very easy - great rooms - beautiful location and very relaxed. The best breakfast. Will definitely return. Lovely hosts and very good value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AAaaaaaaaagfd

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Dog friendly , just a short walk from the path , lovely room with a bath , secure area for the dog to use the loo and the breakfast was lovely .
This was our after out first day of walking so it was a lovely place to stop and rest the feet . Many thanks Ian & Emma

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Just returned from a fabulous week at swan lake farm.
Thank you to our wonderful hosts, who made us feel so welcome.. Fabulous breakfasts.
I thoroughly recommend this Bed and Breakfast and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Bevbrad
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I really enjoyed my four night stay here. I arrived late, but was made most welcome and Mr Davies kindly carried my heavy suitcase up to my room, which I greatly appreciated after a long drive. I had a pretty double room, with a very large bathroom, which had a double-size shower.

The bed was unbelievably comfy, and I slept like a log! And it was so very quiet and tranquil here ... fantastic.

I'd been put off this B&B simply because it was a farmhouse ... I was concerned about flies and farmyard smells. But I shouldn't have worried. No flies, and only once was there a whiff of cow ... The dairy herd is driven through the back of the yard in the morning, and cows do leave, er, debris. It didn't bother me in the least. However, you need to cross this yard to reach the footpath leading to the coast path and Swan Lake Bay - so pretty little sandals are a no-no!

Swan Lake Bay beach is more of a dog beach than a little children beach ... Large and a bit windswept ... But for playing ball games, it's great. There are no facilities there. It's a half walk into Manorbier on the path, but there are steep climbs both ways.

The breakfast was great ... really enjoyed it. I had some parts of the cooked breakfast ... and there was also tinned grapefruit, cereals, endless toast ... I waddled out each morning.

The hosts were kind and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. I also met a very cuddly cat.

As a previous reviewer has pointed out, as this is a working farm, the interiors and not always pristine. But be assured ... I am ridiculously fastidious, and I was very happy here.

This B&B is also excellent value ... Way cheaper than most guest houses in Tenby. If you like peace and quiet, and money in your pocket, stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank janthefan
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is a working farm on the Pembrokeshire coast on the edge of Swanlake Bay. The coastal footpath passes the farm and the delightful villages nearby are easily reached.
It is a useful place to stay to ensure a leisurely connection with the ferry. The accommodation is spotlessly clean and well appointed. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There is a large visitors' lounge with plenty of armchairs and a large TV screen. By prior arrangement an evening meal may be booked, and a good traditional breakfast with a good choice is available. Mr and Mrs Davies the proprietors are most helpful. There is a pleasant welcoming and comfy ambiance. Many people stay a week or two while for others it is an enjoyable over night stop

Room Tip: Ground floor of Barn left of guests' lounge
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank belisaurius
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Me and my husband recently stayed here with our two young children, and I have to say we had a fantastic time, the actual farm itself was beautiful, and the beach was a five minute walk from our bedroom. The owners were extremely accommodating to our fussy eating children and made us feel very welcome. Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jemima1976
Reviewed 30 October 2011

If you want to stay on a genuine working farm, then this is the place to stay. This dairy farm sits on the edge of Swanlake Bay on the coast path west of Manorbier. Ideal for coastal walkers and road users alike. The accommodation is starting to show signs of wear and tear. The guest lounge needs a new settee. The hosts are extremely hospitable and breakfast was really good. Being a farm you should expect a bit of mud and dirt and sometimes it will make its way into the house and the coachhouse accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank WhyShouldIStayHere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manorbier
Manorbier Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Freshwater East
Celtic Haven Cottages
Celtic Haven Cottages
#1 of 2 in Lydstep

Been to Swanlake Guesthouse? Share your experiences!