“Remarkable”
Review of Le Prieure

Le Prieure
Reserve with
Le Prieure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Remarkable”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We'd have loved to stay in this hotel, little old beautiful town nearby Avignon, it'd have been perfect but we stayed in Avignon. Anyway, the taxi ride is about 15 minutes which is fine, euro18 each way. We loved this restaurant, food is outstanding and excellent service from attentive not pretentious staff. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, and the garden is lovely, so dress for the occasion!....We had the Caprice Menu Euro135 and then add the beverages, so it's fine, not the cheapest nor the most expensive Michelin we've been (Le Meurice in Paris was ridiculously expensive and certainly not worth the money) This was one of our best meals while touring in France, I highly recommend it!

1 Thank Hayuelos

• Korean first
Sussex
“Adequate”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

It was fine. Adequate. Nothing remarkable. A mediocre hotel in a charming and beautiful village.

We arrived at about 6pm following a 7 hour drive only to be told that there was no table for us in the restaurant. We consequently found a restaurant serving much nicer (for us) and cheaper food but it would have been helpful to have been informed when we booked that a reservation for dinner was advisable.

The garden and the pool are delightful but the staff seemed somewhat indifferent - at breakfast nobody appeared particularly interested in serving us. The dining room was nicely decorated but we found the food to be so-so. However it should be pointed out that the tasting menu with its ceremonious silver salvers is not our cup of tea. The restaurant is highly regarded by many.

After we checked out we realised we had been charged for two drinks we had not ordered. An easy enough mistake but when I went back to query the €33 charge, the woman in reception simply presented me with the signed chit. I informed her that the signature was neither mine nor my husband's so she reimbursed me. There was no apology for the error.

The building is beautiful and rooms are nice enough, bathrooms adequate. I will definitely return to Villeneuve d'Avignon; I am undecided whether I will return to La Prieure.

Visited September 2013
Jean André C, Gérant at Le Prieure, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I thank you for your comments about the village, the garden and the pool and I am sorry for your disappointment about the restaurant and the mistake on the bill which is unusual. I hope you would come back and live a better experience with us.
Jean-André Charial
thousand oaks, calif
“Top-notch property”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Far from the maddening crowds in Avignon (across the river), Le Prieure is a little slice of heaven. Comfortable rooms, walkable distance from lots of attractions in this small town, very good front desk staff. Pool, tennis courts, parking. A lovely garden and pleasant courtyard. Meals are expensive - 25 euros for a continental breakfast is a bit steep. I did not have dinner here, but the chef is highly acclaimed, as one would expect from a Relais & Chateaux property.

Visited September 2013
Orlando
“Not as good as we expected!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights this August. We loved our suite even though it was rather dark. There was a lovely terrace in the front where my husband enjoyed a cigar and glass of wine after touring. The pool area was great. Very quiet. Breakfasts were superb! Service was good. Our dinner at their one star restaurant was pricey and did not fulfill our expectations . One of the courses, cod with truffle and potatoes was excellent. The other courses...meh! We say good but not excellent. Room was very reasonably priced but be aware...I had to check bill three times before it was correct. All in all we would go back but have lunch rather than dinner.

Lyon, France
“lovely place, average food”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

this is a difficult one. loved the setting, friendly staff, but expected more of a one star. I had the impression the chef was afraid of using pepper/salt, he really should dare to season his dishes. price was more than okay for the setting and service, but I doubt if we would go back. however I would recommend their lunch at 49 euro(incl 2 glasses of wine), and therefore give them a 7 at 10.

1 Thank maison187265