“Back again one year on”
Review of Le Prieure

Le Prieure
Reserve with
Le Prieure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We returned to this lovely restaurant in Villeneuve Avignon during a cruise in the south of France.

Each dish was sublime and the wine €6 a glass excellent value, and in a fabulous setting in the shade as very hot here today. Truffles,mushrooms, foam stuff, John Dory and leek on potato,saddle of pork with amazing crackling and two desserts. Have a look at the menus on line

The food was delicious and the desserts were just heavenly and the cheeses,majority local stuff fantastic. Hard to beat last year dinner here but the quality is just amazing. Worth an annual visit

Chris B

There are newer reviews for Le Prieure

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Fabulous meal! Beautiul setting, amazing food and outstanding service! We loved it so that our wiatress invited us to meet the chef. A highlite to a fabulous dinner.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Conventional French cuisine restaurant, but at a very high level in terms of quality and service. Only a few hotels offer this quality of a restaurant - this is one of them. The flavors were local and well matched. The real deal.

1  Thank ferropn
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We'd have loved to stay in this hotel, little old beautiful town nearby Avignon, it'd have been perfect but we stayed in Avignon. Anyway, the taxi ride is about 15 minutes which is fine, euro18 each way. We loved this restaurant, food is outstanding and excellent service from attentive not pretentious staff. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, and the garden is lovely, so dress for the occasion!....We had the Caprice Menu Euro135 and then add the beverages, so it's fine, not the cheapest nor the most expensive Michelin we've been (Le Meurice in Paris was ridiculously expensive and certainly not worth the money) This was one of our best meals while touring in France, I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Hayuelos
Reviewed 4 October 2013

It was fine. Adequate. Nothing remarkable. A mediocre hotel in a charming and beautiful village.

We arrived at about 6pm following a 7 hour drive only to be told that there was no table for us in the restaurant. We consequently found a restaurant serving much nicer (for us) and cheaper food but it would have been helpful to have been informed when we booked that a reservation for dinner was advisable.

The garden and the pool are delightful but the staff seemed somewhat indifferent - at breakfast nobody appeared particularly interested in serving us. The dining room was nicely decorated but we found the food to be so-so. However it should be pointed out that the tasting menu with its ceremonious silver salvers is not our cup of tea. The restaurant is highly regarded by many.

After we checked out we realised we had been charged for two drinks we had not ordered. An easy enough mistake but when I went back to query the €33 charge, the woman in reception simply presented me with the signed chit. I informed her that the signature was neither mine nor my husband's so she reimbursed me. There was no apology for the error.

The building is beautiful and rooms are nice enough, bathrooms adequate. I will definitely return to Villeneuve d'Avignon; I am undecided whether I will return to La Prieure.

Jean André C, Gérant at Le Prieure, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

I thank you for your comments about the village, the garden and the pool and I am sorry for your disappointment about the restaurant and the mistake on the bill which is unusual. I hope you would come back and live a better experience with us.
Jean-André Charial