Les Saisons
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Le Prieure Hotel Restaurant(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
Hotel de l'Atelier(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
Hotel La Suite(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
View Hotel
Najeti Hotel la Magnaneraie(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
O'Cub Hotel(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Restaurant Les Cedres(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mignon(Avignon)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bhost gerardfresh flowerscarried our bagsyogurtthe busglass of winelesgardenavignonantiques
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is an amazing B&B and I would love to return, but it is not for everyone. I really don't believe that families with small children should stay here, because this is a very small place (only for rooms, named like the weather seasons) and therefore do not offer many child-like facilities.

Pros: The city itself, Villeneuve les Avignons it's a much better choice than bigger cities like Avignon. It has plentiful free parking space, some very nice restaurants and the provençal state of mind (for me, provence is all about small cities, where everyone knows everyone, people are friendly with stranges etc etc etc). And I am not even mentioning the beautiful historic sites, like the papal castle. The B&B itself is very charming, and I would recommend the Printemps room, since it's the bigger one and has a gorgeous view to the castle and to the back garden. The breakfast is simple, but always with fresh and delicious french croissants, butter, jam, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea. In Printemps room, the toilet is separate from shower and bathroom, which I think is very good. Gerald, the owner, is also a "pros" himself. I just can't describe him, you will need to go and find for yourself. What I can say is that me and my boyfriend definitely enjoyed the peculiarities of his personality.

Cons: Having to pay the rest of the fee in cash, the amenities were not replenished in a five day stay. A lot of stairs too (ok, I know that there's nothing to do about it, since it's and old historic house, but I need to comment. I must also say that Gerald was very kind to take my very heavy suitcase to the room).

Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

I sincerely appreciate the title of this comment.
I like even more to discover that I am "peculiar" (!) In which sense ?
As a french man I dont really get it. I hope that it means at least that I am not a boring dude.
The website of Les Saisons is clear and precised about the fact that the place is not suitable for young childrens.
Our charming guest on her "DOWN" points is stating the obvious. as we are also clear (and detailled) about breakfast being Continental.
We always emphasise on our courrier and Mails that having no facilities for C/Card (like most Maisons d'Hotes) , it is more advantageous for guests to pay the balance in cash, than by bank transfer with high commission fees.
Naturally holders of a French bank account can pay by cheques.
We only have 2 floors ...really not the Himalayas.

We let 4 bedrooms -out of 7- to guests as regulated by the Chambres d'Hotes classifications allowing only a maximum of 5
More and it would be a Hotel.
The same regulations do not oblige the management to add Amenities (bits and pieces like soap,Q/tips , kleenex etc...)
We offer them as a welcome gesture , as we do with the flowers and chocolates.
Towels are changed every "other"day and this is more often than certain 5 stars hotels who are now solliciting customers to keep sheets and towels for a maximum of time for ecological reasons.
The French idea of a Chambres d'Hotes is one of a Private home where the owners offers you to share their surroundings , way of life and experiences.I
It is not a requisit but it is always better naturally if guests can adjust to their rythm.
This create that unique atmosphere ,who can never be found in a Hotels chain.
Thank you to my charming guest for taking the trouble to write to Trip advisor and for the nice comments.
My apologies for a very PECULIAR bad french writing
From Avignon with love
Gerard

Reviewed 28 May 2012

we stayed here for 2 nights in early May. We had the" winter" room. it was lovely.Huge and very well appointed. Fresh flowers and chocolates were an extra touch.Gerard was a wonderful host and excellent chef. We enjoyed breakfast on the terrace . All the rooms were well decorated and we had a very pleasant stay. Enjoyed walking through the village. We had a car but it was more convenient to take the bus into Avignon. Wished we could have stayed longer. Thanks Gerard

Room Tip: the winter room was huge
Reviewed 22 May 2012

In early May, four of us stayed for two nights at this beautiful b & b. We occupied the l'ete and l'hiver rooms. The l'hiver room is sumptuous and huge with soaring ceilings and modern conveniences. The l'ete room is also large and bright with lovely views. Each room has those extra touches such as fresh flowers and gourmet chocolates. The garden, patio and pool area is an unexpected little oasis. The decor in the rest of this historic house is over the top opulent with original artwork and tiffany style lamps. The diningroom has a large, inviting wood fireplace. Breakfast on the terrace is plentiful and delightful. Villeneuve les Avignon is itself worth exploring and has some wonderful views. There is an interesting antique market on Saturdays. Avignon is only a short, convenient bus ride away. For our first evening meal we walked five minutes to Le Table des Saveurs, excellent service and food. However, if you are as lucky as us to convince Gerard to cook a meal, you are in for a multi course treat. In all, a treasure, with a great host and certainly value for the price. Our thanks to Gerard and a hi to Matuna.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed at Les Saisons (The Seasons) in Villeneuve for four nights in May 2012. Gerard the owner is very knowledgeable about the history and sights of Villeneuve (which means 'New Town') and Avignon. The house which has four themed rooms to reflect the seasons of the year is over 400 years old and is wonderfully maintained by Gerard himself. There are many antiques around the house. We had breakfast on the patio three of the four days (it was too windy one day). Our room at the top of the stairs had a wonderful view of the town and was spacious enough to have a bathroom and toilet separated by about fifteen feet. With windows all around, the rising sun in the morning was a treat. There is also a swimming pool which can be enjoyed during the warmer months and although no one was using it at this time of year, Gerard still continued to clean it each day. The house is about a two minute walk from the centre of the town which has a number of restaurants and bars as well as a number of patiseries or bakeries with incredible pastries as well as fresh baguettes. The history of Villeneuve is rich with the founding of the town and the fort on the hill from the 12th century as well as the abbey and its history. Gerard is a hive of information about where to go and what to see as well as advising about things to avoid. All in all a great experience.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We went to Les Saisons on a family trip to celebrate my father in law birthday, he turned 70 and as a family we wanted to have a special celebration. It was 8 of us, so the entire Bed and Breakfast was occupied by us. The rooms are absolutely lovely, each one has it's own charm and touch. Bathrooms are completely remodeled and have a very nice and unique look, each room has a gorgeous view. Breakfast time at the terrace overlooking the pool is magical!!! Fresh croissants, natural orange juice, fruit and a beautiful table setting, if there is a special food request Gerard and Gary will do their best to accomodate. Gerard was very knowledgeable on the area and he recommended two fantastic restaurants to eat, walking distance from the hotel. We felt at home at Les Saisons, and Villeneuve les Avignon is a beautiful gem in France, we will certainly recommend to stay at Les Saisons.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family