Les Saisons
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Le Prieure Hotel Restaurant(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
Hotel de l'Atelier(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
Hotel La Suite(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
View Hotel
Najeti Hotel la Magnaneraie(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
O'Cub Hotel(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Restaurant Les Cedres(Villeneuve-les-Avignon)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mignon(Avignon)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bhost gerardfresh flowerscarried our bagsyogurtthe busglass of winelesgardenavignonantiques
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was my first trip to France and because of the wonderful hospitality, the incredible location and beautiful accommodation I shall certainly return to Les Saisons at Villeneuve les Avignon...
The decor throughout the house is typically French, it is exquisitely adorned with the prettiest traditional mirrors, lamps and soft furnishings. I fell in love with the original beautiful staircase, which is only one of the many attractive features of the establishment. My room, the summer room, was just perfect... Comfortable, spacious, every bit a nice as it had looked in the photographs.
I stayed for 9 nights.. Gerard was the perfect host, he could not have done more to make me feel welcome. I enjoyed his stories, his lovely accent and most of all his sense of humour. He supplied me with maps, directions and bus timetables, advised on places of interest and local restuarants.
'Everything' in this establishment is of high standard, including the fine artwork which adorns the walls..most of which are painted by the incredibly talented Gerard himself.

Room Tip: Every room in Les Saisons is beautiful...take your pick!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The B&B is very fine, in Villeneuve-les-Avignon, so it will take about 30-40min to get to the old town of Avignon by foot - but Villeneuve-les-Avignon is itself very enjoyable.

Rooms are nicely furnished with lots of colors. Breakfast is great, but not to early. There is a great garden with a swimming pool.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Small hotel owned by an artist, excellent value, clean and well-decorated, enjoyable French breakfast on the patio, large rooms, friendly & personal service, great location to tour the southern wine country. One of the highlights of my trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We originally had booked two nights at this wonderful B&B but decided on a third because we enjoyed it so much. We visited in October of 2012. We had a beautiful room and saw the most incredible sunrise through our open windows. Gerard was so welcoming and helpful. We enjoyed having a bottle of wine on the terrace and asking Gerard for tips on our next day's adventure. It is a perfect location for day trips through this part of Provence.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I am remiss in writing this review, because we stayed at this wonderful B&B in May 2011. (TripAdvisor did not give me the option to choose May 2011 for the review, so the date on this review will say May 2012.) However, I am currently planning a new trip to Europe, and my husband's only requirement is that I find another hotel/B&B that was as perfect as Les Saisons. I told him that he needs to lower his expectations, because Les Saisons set a very high standard.

We took a chance on Les Saisons, because, when I booked it in late 2010, the B&B was relatively new and there had only been four TripAdvisor reviews. However, I loved the website, and the town intrigued me. The gamble paid off, because we enjoyed every minute of our stay.

Accommodations: There were only two of us, and we stayed in the le printemps room, which can easily accommodate three people. It was the only room available when I booked, and I had liked some of the pictures of the other rooms better. However, I am thrilled to say that the room was lovely, large, quiet, and had several big windows with beautiful views. We slept with the windows open, and the breeze through the room was wonderful. Do no hesitate to stay in this room. (My husband just piped in with, "I HIGHLY recommend that room." He loved it as much as I did.)

Hotel/B&B: The reason I use both hotel and b&b is because Les Saisons felt like a mix of both. We definitely interacted with our hosts, who offered us advice before we arrived and provided assistance during our visit. They chit-chatted with us at our individual tables at breakfast in the morning, and helped us with questions about the area. However, they seemed to assess each guest's need for their attention individually, and really left us alone most of the time, which is exactly what we wanted!

Decor: What you see in the photos for Les Saisons is exactly what you get. The decor was beautiful and modern, but you still felt like you were staying in a village in
France. It will not disappoint.

Location: I was very concerned that staying outside of Avignon would feel too remote. It did not. The village is wonderful on its own, and I had one of my favorite meals in France just down the block from Les Saisons. You can easily take a healthy walk into Avignon or take the bus. We were able to park up the street from Les Saisons with no problem.

Extra Tip: Please do not miss the fort in the village. That fort is one my favorite memories from France. It is not a ruin, it is an intact 14th-century historic landmark. When you walk in, you basically step back in time. We had the entire place to ourselves and could wander around without restriction. It was both interesting and beautiful. I loved the architecture, and my husband was fascinated by the fort's defenses.

Room Tip: I did not see the other rooms, but Le Printemps was wonderful. I can't imagine they even have a bad room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple