All reviewsnice roomgood sizebusiness tripneighborsbeersbwbedroomsleep
Reviewed 6 August 2017

We went there for a weekend to explore the region. Centrally situated between lake Bouzet and Gerardmer, the hotel has very nice rooms, comfortable beds, small but relaxing wellness and sauna and great to go to the restaurant with great food afterwards only a few steps from your room. Very friendly service!

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I stayed as a business trip and found the room to be very nice and it seems recently decorated. The price is quite high compared to the many other hotels in the area.

Service was fine and both check in and check out very quick.

The room was modern with a good amount of space, work area, mini bar, good sized bathroom with a nice rain shower.
One odd point is that the shower has a full glass window that looks directly into the bedroom. I have seem this in other hotel brands but they always offer some way to close it, such as a blind? No option in this one, so if you are staying here with friends, ensure you are happy to share a shower view together, as it is unavoidable.
Bed was a good size and very comfortable.

The room has tea and coffee making facilities.

Wifi is available and free. Once connected I found it to be a good speed for working but the signal in the room was much lower than in the main hotel area. This made FaceTime calling difficult as the low signal dropped the call. I was very close to the main reception, so not sure why the signal is that low.

The breakfast was very simple although they did have a quite a nice range it was much smaller than other chains, if you normally stay with major brands then you will find it a bit small. I found everything I needed and the breakfast cost is very reasonable at around €12. Freshly squeezed orange is available for an additional fee.

I did not use the Spa but did have a look. The pool is very small, much smaller than it seems on the photo (don't expect to swim), but it has a jacuzzi as well and all seems included in the price. Again, one strange point is that the pool and spa area look directly into the reception area? Strange to think why watching everyone check in and out is relaxing? Personally I would fully block that window and allow the Spa to be more secluded.

Overall, for a three star hotel the room is very good and the breakfast acceptable. Wifi needs strengthening to meet all the rooms and the price remains quite high.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank NicStiltonMassey
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I often stay at Best Western as they take dogs and hotels are normally above average quality. For this reason I pick the Lafayette, even though the 130 EUR per night price excluded Breakfast was pretty high, probably the highest in the area.
We enter i and the room was terribly hot, temperature gauge worked badly so we could not really change it,
we then proceed to close the curtain and the pretty heavy metal bar holding the it fell off missing my partners head by few cm.
We then open the wardrobe and we find a pair of dirty underwear in it!!!
We tried wireless and signal was very poor.
We took a shower but the glass door seals were old and in certain places not present so we found ourselves with a lake in the bathroom.

130 EUR?? Are we kidding??
After my complaint the concierge gave us the breakfast free but that did not give me back the night i spent there. Very little sleep and pretty annoyed; I am not giving 2 stars just because its the first time this happens in Best Western. Sort it out!!Its ridiculous!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2016

The food serviced at dinner was fantastic! It really opened me up to the most superb food combinations. I was so floored. The room was nice and clean, the bed was ok, plenty of parking. I stayed here so that I could visit nearby American National Cemetery

Room Tip: The dinner here is amazing
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2015

I was staying in this hotel for two weeks. Rooms are nice and clean. Service was without any problems. Had only breakfasts, but it was really all you can ask for, with some local specialties (meat, cheese). Perfect was the spa, a real dealbreaker. Two types of sauna, then pool and hot tub. Great relax after a long day. Not crowded at all. Available without any additional fee or appointment. Basic shops nearby by foot, larger 3min by car. Great accesibility from highway.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business