See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Le Manoir is just outside of Gérardmer (about a 20 minute walk) nestled on the side of the hill overlooking a lake. Our room was very well-appointed, large and featured nice views of the water. There is a reasonably sized pool (though hardly Olympic) and both wet and dry saunas, which we took advantage of. The bar/dining room has panoramic windows so it is a lovely place to have a drink and watch the lake or the mountains behind. The restaurant was good with an excellent-value three course dinner (€30 when were were there) and a nicely chosen wine list. That said, breakfast (at €20 per person) is over-priced. Staff were pleasant and helpful. All in all we thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2015 via mobile

The romantic weekend in this hotel was my anniversary gift booked by my husband :-) of course we have chosen it together, because it met all our requirements: nice view, wellness & swimming pool; cosy French cure station on the board of a lake...
The reality did not disappoint us: indeed lovely hotel with charm managed by an old man checking everything narrowly: if you go to eat he comes to restaurant to check how you are eating... when you go to swimming pool, he follow you to check if the floor is not wet after you... He switched sauna off next minute when you leave it (and I planned to return back!). Thus I had a permanent feeling that you are staying in his home and disturb him all the time! That is why I gave 4 points and not 5 for this perfectly managed hotel...
As far as lake, it is quite and nice. You may make a 2,5hours walk around and drink a coffee/tea on a terrasse of numerous cafés located around the lake. Because of cold water, I did not see anybody swimming, but jogging is very popular :-)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2015

I stayed 3 nights at this lovely chalet typical of the region which is really beautiful in the east of France. The sitting /dining area is cosy and has stunning views of the lake. Rooms were clean and nice. Hosts were very kind, the breakfast was perfect but costly.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2014

My family of 2 kids 2 adults spent a night end Nov 14 in the Bastien first floor suite. Luckily the weather was dry and warm for the season. The suite is very large, well appointed with a huge bathroom and a side room that fitted 2 beds for the kids. Beautiful grounds, beautiful view of the lake.
We had dinner at the hotel, very good and good wine list. If guests want to try variety and / or upper gastronomy I encourage them to visit the town's numerous restaurants 1 mile away. Else it is nice to have dinner at the hotel. The pool is as described. There were just another set of guests so we had the hotel to ourselves basically. Very good feeling.
Breakfast was very good with all you can wish for.
The host entertained us with many anecdotes.
So all in all happy with the experience.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The bedroom was tastefully decorated, the bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was also lovely and had complimentary Clarins products -which was a plus for me :-). We had an aperetif on the terrace overlooking the lake and decided to go for the set evening meal. The main course was chicken in Riesling which was very tasty, there was a good variety of cheese on the cheese board to help ourselves to and we had an apricot Clatoufi for dessert. I can't remember our starter. All that for 30 Euros wasn't bad at all - I live in Switzerland! The wine list was varied and had reasonably priced wines on it besides expensive ones. The owner ended up recommending another white wine not on the list which was priced at 30euros, the same as many others. It was very tasty! What I loved was the homemade bread- especially the mini baguettes and also the wonderful butter- delicious!! Breakfast was excellent. Homemade breads and brioche, various fruits, salmon, prawns, various meats and cheeses, freshly squeezed juices,good quality jams and butter. No complaints at all.
The only negative point is that this hotel is across the road from the lake (up a hill) so there is traffic passing by on the main road below. We didn't have time to enjoy the swimming pool and sauna.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple