“Average at best”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The best thing about the restaurant is the fact is serves Peroni on draught.

Very nice little setting, seating for around 50, lovely authentic Italian feel to it, don't think we had a 'Luigi' as a chef, more like a 'Leonard' who'd probably not been cooking Italian food very long.

Our meal was average at best, garlic bread with chilli starter was just ok, followed by our mains.

The Mrs had a pasta dish, plain and simple, I opted for a Vesuvius pizza, expecting it to be hot and full of chillies... It had anything but a kick to it with virtually no chillies at all, it did however have a sliced tomato spread all over it, if I'd have ordered a tomato pizza I'd be writing a brilliant review on here, sadly I'm not, Amico's will not be on my future food radar..

3  Thank Paul B

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very dissapointed dish ordered had nobresemblance to description on menu, complained to abrupt waitress who insisted it was my mistake.Expensive for what was served will not be returning.

3  Thank Ian J
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I go here every few months for an easy meal out that doesn't break the bank (and many do around here!). It serves simple Italian food such as pasta dishes, pizza and risotto. The food is very tasty and reasonably priced.

It is not an overly formal place to dine nor is the food overly high brow. This makes it ideal for families. It does however feed us nicely and we are never disappointed.

The staff are incredibly friendly and are a big draw to the restaurant. Also during the week before 6pm all pasta and pizza dishes are half price- great when you can't be bothered to cook or have a family to feed!

1  Thank Kateylikesfood
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Went here for a birthday party. Was excellent service and the food was amazing. I will go back again and recommend it to people. Lovely.

1  Thank Geo-mac123
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Nothing to write home about here. Not good and not bad. My advice is to come here when you want cheap pasta and pizza. Do not bother with the starters or steak as you will be disappointed. Good pizzas and a reasonable price. Wouldn't be the top of anyone's list but a quick mid week tea is fine.

1  Thank Matt_Timmins