“Real Italian food”

Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Whalley
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Homemade Authentic Italian Cuisine In The Heart Of The Ribble Valley
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was our first visit and we found it to be perfect for the menu they are cooking up!
Our pasta dishes were excellent and service was friendly with a lovely atmosphere.
My only slight complaint would be my sons coke was the smallest bottle i've ever seen! (its the only thing I would change).
The cappuccino to end the meal was perfect and nice and hot ( something you rarely get)
We will go back :)

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is the first time I have ever reviewed a restaurant (anywhere!) but we had such a great meal that it deserves a recommendation.

The food was amazing - the best Italian we have enjoyed outside Italy. Lovely atmosphere - a nice combination of traditional food in a relaxed intimate setting (and that was with two children(!)) and friendly but not obtrusive service.

We enjoyed the cuttlefish pasta sea-bass parcels and farfalle calabrese. Puddings came in the form of a potent tiramisu and zinging lemon sorbet.

A real delight - and a world away from the usual Ribble Valley pub grub which has been the staple diet of culinary journalism in recent times. Give this place a try because it's what a real Italian restaurant should be - we'll be back for more.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Overall a less than good experience and one I won't repeat.

A group of us booked a table for 8 pm on a saturday evening. The evening started off less than ideal when we were told that there was only one steak left and another two of the choices were not available or had only one portion left.

I chose mixed fried fish for the starter and shin of beef main course.The fish was fine - well cooked and tasty. The main course of beef was, however, almost inedible due to the incredible number of peppercorns the chef had poured in. When I complained to the head waitress I was told 'Yes it's supposed to be like that'. Now I love highly seasoned food but that was unbelievable. Two others also ordered the same dish and thought exactly the same.
Another of the party ordered a fish main course whcih he found much too salty.

Overall a very por evening - expensive food and, in severa cases way overseasoned.
They also need to listen to customer comments whch they seem unable to do.

Won't be going back.

6  Thank Tony P
Reviewed 10 January 2014

If you are looking to order an Italian.....this is not the place for you
Now if you want a proper traditional Italian.....then reserve your table. Proper Italian food like Mamma makes.....delicious....

1  Thank Maria3009
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Had a lovely dinner at Cucina 73 on Saturday night.

Decor and ambience are great, really relaxing and perfect for a romantic dinner. The service was friendly and efficient and we were made to feel really welcome.

The menu has a good range of authentic Italian dishes and is reasonably priced, the food was mixed my lasagne starter was very dry and uninspiring whilst my wifes frito misto was great. Both main courses were nice.

Wine prices seemed excessive but apart from that everything was great.

Well worth a visit, but booking a must as restaurant is tiny.