“Fabulous food, great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bell & Cross
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Clent
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: UK postcode DY9 9QL
Bude, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A really lovely pub with extensive gardens and outdoor space. Lovely dinning rooms laid for lunch. Scattered through the pub but we loved this, it was quirky and made it more intimate. Had a family lunch here and ate the three course set lunch menu. The food was fantastic, creative, delicious and presented well. The value for money was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. A very lovely meal! Thank you.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it thinks it is!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Had a simple simple lunch here recently in the garden when the weather was lovely. Good location and parking, nice garden and terrace. I agree with some of the other reviews about odd lay out but I suppose that is not something easily fixed. What disappointed myself and the ladies I lunched with was the food - tasty, well presented but when I order a salad for lunch that's what I expect not a tiny starter! I had a few crustaceans with some micro leaves sprinkled over! My dish was in the salad section and this was all I was ordering so you can imagine I left feeling disappointed, slightly cheated (not cheap) and still hungry! Was thinking where to go for dinner recently for a special occasion and sadly decided against The Bell and Cross because of this experience.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank HelenFD
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Booked a table for Saturday lunch. Real ale but limited choice, luckily with Timothy Taylor Landord & Enville Ale they couldn't go far wrong for me, but beer very, very pricey. Interesting main menu with a specials board and a lighter bites menu too. For starters my husband had smoked salmon with crayfish, while I had Sticky Shredded Black Bean Chicken & noodles, both a bit boring really. There was supposed to be ginger in the chicken dish but I couldn't taste it; what I could taste was coriander which was not advertised on the menu & as I destest it above any other taste it ruined the dish for me. For mains we had Cornish Lamb, Chorizo & Sweet Potato Dauphinoise and Baked Cod with Asparagus & New Potatoes. My husband said the chorizo was far too subtly used to warrant mentioning it was in the dish at all; the lamb was tender but a bit overpowered by the amount of 'jus'. The cod was lovely, as were the potatoes & sauce hollandaise; the asparagus was past the young tender stage so was a bit too fibrous. All in all an OK meal but a bit expensive at £60 including 2 pints of beer & a tip. Not somewhere we'd rush back to or recommend to folks. Although the garden looks a possibility on a nice day with the dog.

Ludlow
“has the potential to be much better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This restaurant really needs a fresh management review. The entrance is awful - quite grotty, and walking past the open kitchen area ..... there was no atmosphere in the room we were in, and it did not feel like a special place to come to. We all enjoyed the food - this was the best part of the experience - so its a shame that a good chef is let down by the environment.

Hagley, United Kingdom
“meal with friends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I went with 10 friends recently, thinking monday evening would be good, we chose from a menu with three courses @ around £18 + extra for coffee, portions served were so small, one of the people said when ordering the sweet, can you re - serve the starter and main course, as there portions were very small, i don't think we will be going again, staff were friendly, although the maitre de, was a little sharp, nice venue and surroundings

• Visited April 2014