“Gorgeous Friday Evening Meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bell & Cross
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Clent
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: UK postcode DY9 9QL
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Friday Evening Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Wonderful pate, gorgeous steak and lamb to die for! Young staff are very attentive, polite and friendly. Absolutely no disappointment on our first visit here, will certainly return!

Droitwich, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Visited the Bell and Cross last Friday evening with a few friends. This is a lovely old pub with a great relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff. As we had previously met up here a couple of years ago and had a beautiful meal we were a bit disappointed to find that the quality,presentation and portion sizes of our main meals weren't as expected and felt this was poor value for money. On a positive note the puddings were beautiful!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tracy W
Dudley
“Difficult to choose!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited last week for lunch with my daughter, glorious day so we sat outside to dine which was lovely. Between the a la carte, lunchtime light bites, specials and menu del jour, there was an awful lot of choice which often worries me as often quality can suffer as a consequence of that. We did find it difficult to choose but the waiting staff were polite and did not hurry us which was much appreciated. I had a gammon and parsley terrine and it was delicious, beautifully fresh flavoured, however my daughter's prawn and chorizo skewers were hideously overcooked but to give the staff their due when I complained, apologies were given and I wasn't charged. My Cornish lamb was beautifully tender and my daughter's Barbery duck was perfectly pink and she has now fallen in love with parsnips after all the years of me trying to get her to eat them! The desserts of raspberry and mascarpone sable and warm toffee apple and frangipane tart were simply beautiful and not overpriced as desserts usually are. We'll certainly visit again as it is a nice place to visit and moderately priced.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
stourbridge
“Dined at the Bell and Cross-Clent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Food and service was first class. Really nice to have a choice of freshly cooked food prepared with so much imagination and care. Price was middle of the road, two course for £12 and drinks OK at £3.50 a pint. I thought the wine was a bit pricy at about £15 a bottle, its what you are used to I suppose.
We are going again this weekend and I am looking forward to a fresh treat..

• Visited May 2014
worcester
“Beautiful little Pub! Lovely food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I visited the bell and cross Sunday afternoon with my family. We sat in the beautiful grounds in the sun and was really impressed with the waitress who brought us menus over immediately. Service was really prompt and food was amazing. I recommend the fries with truffle oil and parmesan and the pimms royal cocktail. Really nice atmosphere inside and outside the pub. Will definitely be going again. Perfect if you fancy a drive out from Birmingham.

• Visited May 2014