“Ugh.”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Afton, Virginia
“Ugh.”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Generally, I prefer my own silence to a bad review, but in this case I'm making an exception. Maybe it's me, probably it's me, but my idea of pizza is NOT tomato sauce on a burnt cracker, although as I say, this may be the way the French like it. Naples pizza it isn't.

We went to La Forge (which is primarily a pizzaria) because it was the only place open in Argeles after 8:30 on a Friday night (in late October). Argeles is a fairly highly developed tourist town (skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer) and when the tourists are absent, the place shuts down.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Stellastellar

Portland, Oregon
“nice place and a good value”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The service, beer and food were all good. Nice waitresses and a good location. I ordered pizza, but the salad my wife ordered was somethign special

Visited July 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent reasonably priced restaurant”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We have visited La Forge a number of times. it is lovely to sit outside and the Pizzas are excellent. At busy times you need to be there within 15 mins of opening time to get a table or you will have to queue as it is so popular. Service is always good and staff are friendly.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Anne N
Sugar Land, Texas
“Crazy busy but good food”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were lucky to get a seat, the place was packed, but we got the last table a Sunday night. The salads were good, the pizzas were very good, and the sundaes were wonderful.

• Visited June 2012
Andalucia
“would only return for the pizzas - nothing else”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Gorgeous sunny day in January, but no we couldn't sit outside even though the terrace was full of tables and chairs. Can only eat oustide in the summer we were told! Kids were treated really well with crayons and a activity page plus sweets when we left. Asked for a glass of house wine - which when it appeared on the bill was 3.25euros, it seemed expensive but the wine was nice. The real rip off was 3.50euros for a VERY AVERAGE coffee that tasted like it was instant coffee from a jar, waste of money and then shown on the bill as a Grand Cafe. It was neither grand in quality or size! Pizzas were great, really thin base and pleasant toppings so if in the area in the summer I would return for a pizza, but skip the rip off and average coffee!

• Visited January 2012