“A very convenient budget motel and bar restaurant”

Campanile Toulouse - Blagnac Aeroport
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Blagnac
Blagnac, France
“A very convenient budget motel and bar restaurant”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

In the Spring of 2013 while moving to live and work in Blagnac I twice resided at the Campanile and was satisfied. I have used more expensive hotels in the area and of course one gets what one pays for. The rooms were adequate, clean, warm and had all that was required but I did not like having to climb an external staircase . However that was a small disadvantage. Staff very courteous and helpful and food at attached Bar/Restaurant was good. I have subsequently dined there on a number of occasions with friends as the Campanile is 2 minutes walk from my place of work and 5 minutes from the airport.

Currently, Nov 2013, there are extensive roadworks in Ave Didier Daurat owing to the construction of the branch of the T1 tramway to Blagnac Airport so getting to the Campanile by car is a little difficult at present but will have far easier access when the Tramway is finished by December 2014 as the Daurat Stop will be a short distance away on the same side of the road. For the time being it is best to take the 66 bus to the Belonte stop and walk up Ave Didier Daurat or to the Airport and walk down. If you want all the trimmings of a Hotel then no the Campanile is NOT for you, but if you don't mind a Motel/Chalet Hotel style accommodation as somewhere to sleep and have le petit déjeuner then go around Blagnac and Toulouse on business or pleasure or indeed both and be close to the Airport then I would recommend The Campanile.

Room Tip: If you do not like climbing stairs book a ground floor room if available.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Used the hotel as a place to stay while on business in local area. Though it would be a good idea to walk from the airport as it didnt look too far - while, I eventually found it as all the roads and paths being closed due to road-works, its a bit of an eerie walk and the streets are not very well lit.
I had a double-room in the motel style building across from the reception which while clean and sufficient was very small. The room was quite noisy though (even without the noise from the airport) due to the air-conditioning and fridge. A iron was unfortunately not available in the room. The bathroom was nice with a very good shower.
The breakfast buffet was fine but the quality of the croissants and chocolatines was disappointing given that I was in France. Had dinner later that evening also which again was nothing special but was not bad.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Colin B
Clinton Twp, MI
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had a room reserved with Booking.com I was informed that I needed to be at the Hotel by 23:00 other wise the place closes. I called to inform them I would be there after 23:00 and the receptionist told me to use the automated entry system.
When I arrived at 23:40 I used the automated entry and was denied access. I had to sleep in my car bad but the real insult here is that I was charged full price like I had stayed at the Hotel. I asked the Manager for a refund and was told too bad so sad you knew the agreement. The agreement does not say we have the right to lock you out. Do not ever make a reservation at this Hotel customer service stinks!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MichiganMike01

Travellers are raving about these Blagnac hotels

adelaide
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This place is ok, but... Don't be fooled, it's a good 'motor inn' or 'motel' not a hotel. Newly renovated and has excellent shower. Stayed in room 23 or 26 i think.

Bed was like concrete. Great if you like hard beds, extremely not if you don't. One night I actually tried sleeping on the cushions on the floor, the bed was that bad!!

Breakfast was quite ok. 6.5/10.

Staff spoke good english.

My colleague actually got quite messed around by the staff when he tried to change a check out date. After a lot of hassles he actually got bitten by something in their bed and ended up with a finger swollen 3 times it size... no exaggeration!!

The 24hr check in doesnt really work. ON our way back from dinner and drinks we had to help some lady trying to check in. After several attampts I recommended she go to the radisson whcih was about 200m away.

No tv in room. Fridge didn't really work. Nice bathroom.

Stay elsewhere if possible.

Room Tip: To choose a good room... go to another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonniehekyl
Lynton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed here overnight waiting for our flight the next day.
At 102 Euro's we considered it a tad pricey, but as hotel rooms are very hard to get in this area we really didn't expect to paying much less.
The room was clean and comfortable and unlike Italian hotels it has tea/coffee making facilities.
We had a really good nights sleep as it was dead quite as most of the other guest were workers and retired at a decent hour.
The staff were really friendly and chatty.
We had dinner in the resteraunt and the food was excellent, we went for the entree buffett and a bottle of wine and boy the choice of the buffett was fab, we were stuffed and waddled off to bed like happy little bunnies.
I would stay here again as it's only a 5 minute walk to the airport and it's a nice, quite, clean establishment with a good resteraunt.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 16 September 2012

On the positive side, the room was recently renovated and the breakfast was decent for the price. Bed was hard, but I'm okay with that. Everything seemed to be in good condition, except the refridgerator, which was old, warm, and had pools of water inside.

On the negative side: being alone through the whole night in the middle of a deserted office park. There are other hotels not very far, but Campanile is alone on a side-street with no signs of life at night. There's no night staff and no number to call for annoyances such as noisy neighbours or non-working equipment. For more serious issues, they helpfully post the numbers for police, fire brigade and ambulance in the hotel folder. Those can easily come in handy one day. The driveway has a gate to prevent cars from entering or leaving, but there is nothing preventing foot traffic, so anyone off the street can march right up to the rooms or any of the parked cars at night in their 'enclosed', poorly lit parking lot.

If the place is quiet, it's not because of sound insulation. As I was trying to get to sleep around midnight, someone was watching TV in a neighbouring room at a loud volume. So for a while, I had to listen to the sound of the TV and some neighbour desperately banging the wall/ceiling to get the offender to quiet down. Which luckily worked in about half an hour. This is the kind of situation where having staff at hand would be nice.

We had a two-night reservation made though our corporate travel agent. First night we had a delayed arrival, so we were there just before half past eleven. Unfortunately, we were not informed that the reception closes at eleven, so we were only greeted by the check-in machine. We tried the machine several times, but it would not accept any of the credit cards we tried. Also tried calling the hotel number only to hear the phone ring in the locked-down reception next to us. No other means of making contact with anyone anywhere in sight. We were forced to find a different hotel in the middle of the night (good that there are other places a short walk away). They still charged us both nights, since we had not called before six to cancel as per their terms and conditions.

I would only recommend staying here if the numerous other hotels nearby didn't offer any decent rates. I'd then take extra care to arrive before the reception closes and never to leave the room after that - there really is no way to contact anyone for help if you get locked out (I wouldn't trust those finicky magnetic key cards).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tompsa
London
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We arrived at Toulouse Airport late Friday night (11.30pm) so just needed somewhere close by to stay for a night. The hotel reception closes at 11pm so they don't have a shuttle bus available like other hotels so we had to convince a taxi driver to take us there - was 2 minutes away but at night we didn't feel it was a safe walk. Cost 14€. I think you could get better value staying in one of the slightly further away hotels but have a shuttle bus.

On arrival, the place was deserted and dark. You put your card in a machine by the main door and get given a key - you then need to go and find the room. There is little clear signposting so not a straightforward task. It was an eerie experience. The whole place felt like a deserted old motel.

The room itself smelt of smoke and was really hot.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple