The hotel itself is starting to show its age, but all in all is still an architectural stunner.
Rooms are elegant with very subtle tones and clean lines. We booked the room a step up from the basic one, so I'm not sure how big the basic rooms are.. but our Space of Aubrac room was massive and had a lovely seating area infront of it, surrounded by beautiful flowers and greenery.
Some additional thoughts on Bras hotel and restaurant:
* The Aubrac country side. So beautiful. Wake up to cow bells (they are grazing close by, separated by a fence near your seating area), birds (lots of birds and chirping) and the view that goes on forever on a clear day
* Rooms are well appointed. Our Space of Aubrac had both a massive shower stall and tub. Bed was king sized and comfortable. Soaps were very nice (and are also sold in the hotel's gift shop, should you want to bring some artisanal Aubrac home)
* Great place to get away for some peace and quiet, if you are coming from a busy lifestyle/city
* At the time of our stay, 95% of the guests were French tourists - which was great, as we didn't hear a word of English
* And speaking of English: We got along fine with Google translate and high school French, but be forewarned that some staff speak almost no English at all.
* If you have dined extensively in Michelin restaurants, I'd say the restaurant is ok.. but not entirely memorable nor worth the price tag. We enjoyed the hotel and environs more so than the dinner. Also note that Michel himself is not at the property these days, handing the reins over to his son.
* It's an R+C property/3 Michelin star restaurant, but service levels are hit or miss
All in all, a mixed bag this one. I would recommend the hotel if you are driving in the area and looking for a nice room.. but I'm hesitant to recommend the dinner.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Michel Bras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michel Bras Laguiole