All reviews animation team all inclusive drinks mini golf junior suite shuttle bus pizza self service evening entertainment beach area main pool the water is crystal clear plenty of choice sliding door year old daughter gala dinner great holiday beautiful place
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

POSITIVES:

- Friendly staff
- Everything is very very clean
- Nice, modern and light rooms
- Beautiful setting - right by picturesque bay (which has nice areas for deck chairs on rocks) and kids inflatable slides etc).
- Easy parking
- Lots of games (basketball, tennis, football, table-tennis, mini-golf)
- Near Milna - a stunning little harbour with nice restaurants.

NEGATIVES:

- Hotel shuttle-bus doesn't run late enough to go out for dinner in Milna. Have to walk back in dark (25mins) or taxi.
- Hotel food is very average for a 4* resort.
- New hotel but absolutely terrible layout around pool. Hotel covers a huge area but pool is squeezed in tight to restaurant - meaning there is only space for deck chairs around two sides of the pool. Therefore never enough deck chairs around pool and guests leave their towels on seats very early in morning despite seemingly never using them.
- There's the chance to rent kayaks/boat/SUP down at bay area of hotel - but the private contractor doesn't always show up. You are left waiting and hoping he comes.

NEUTRAL:

- This is a nice family hotel. For couples - suggest hiring a car to make the most of the island. Some nice towns to explore. Driving is safe and roads are largely empty.
- If you do drive - the hotel is signposted as "GAVA", which is not mentioned online. Online it is only referred to as "Waterman".

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mariela K, Public Relations Manager at Waterman Milna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Shaun_London_1986,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Waterman Milna Resort. We are glad to know that you liked the picturesque setting of our hotel as well as the modern rooms and our friendly and attentive staff. I am saddened there were aspects of your stay that let down but we treat all feedback seriously and we will take your comments into account to continually improve the quality of our services. It was our greatest pleasure to have been able to serve you here and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

The actual hotel is beautiful, all new furnishings and great shower. The cleaning service wasn't great to be honest , towels were only changed if we left them on the floor. The pool area is extremely busy and loud, whether this was due to the time of year I don't know. The beach area of the resort is lovely, we preferred spending the day there rather than around the pool, however trying to get a spot on a sunbed is a nightmare! Towels on beds by 8am but no people! This got really annoying by the third day, sitting on rocks isn't great for relaxation food is OK , it's definitely worth upgrading to all inclusive for a few days , however it was nice to head into Milna and eat at a restaurant, I couldn't have eaten at the hotel every night. The queues for food on most nights was ridiculous , reminded me of being at school . The shuttle bus service to and from Milna needs to be available later than 6pm. We made the mistake of walking back from Milna to the hotel as we couldn't get a taxi , it was around 9pm, I definitely would not recommend this!!! It was very scary! Staff could be a bit more friendly, 80% of them seem to be miserable and look like they hate their job! All in all it was a nice experience, a few little improvements and the hotel would be a lot better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hannah D
Mariela K, Public Relations Manager at Waterman Milna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Hannah D,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us. Although you didn’t feel Waterman Milna Resort matched your expectations and perhaps taste, I do appreciate your comments towards certain aspects of the hotel and our staff. I do however regret to read of the concerns and dislikes you had during your stay even though we did tried our best to meet your expectations and requirements. We treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and we will take your comments into account to continually improve the quality of our services. It was our greatest pleasure to have been able to serve you here and we hope to be given a chance to be welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best regards from Milna,

Reviewed 20 August 2017

First thing we noticed when arriving this resort was that is very isolated. Nothing in walking distance, expect beautiful sea. To lovely little town Milna is 2km walk, which was quite a challenge in such heat over 30 Celsius degrees. The hotel provides transfer to Milna but not very often. When we got our room ready there were couple of thing that we wondered. A four star all inclusive hotel and no complimentary water bottle at room. We had to fill our own plastic bottle at restaurant when we wanted to drink water. And because there were no shops near we really had to fill our own bottle every time. This gave me a feeling of very average hotel, not like a 4 star hotel. Cleaning in room was also very bad. When we arrived we noticed that there was some dust and something else rubbish on the floor. For example there was another guest's ice cream stick under the bed. We went to reception and they told that they ask someone to clean our room. This never happened and the same ice cream stick is probably still in there.. The girl in reseption was rude and didn't gave us any information about anything, we had to find out everything by our self. I read from TripAdvisor that there is some Gala dinner that includes our stay..
About the food. I take food very seriously when traveling. In this case it was such a disappointment. It was cold (I'm not kidding, it really was) and didn't taste anything at all. It was probably made only for kids! We have been before at all inclusive hotels but this was the first time I didn't wait the dinner. Unfortunately. The bar stuff boys were nice tho.

Then probably the main thing that made me nervous. The amount of little kids. Yes, we knew this wasn't a adults only hotel but we never have thought that there will so many kids and so much noise. There was a children's pool but of course kids want to be near their parents by the main pool. So no relaxation by the pool. There were so many guest's from France and they made so much noise. This is'nt the hotel's fault of course. There were some activities we liked, water aerobic and dance. Tho the leaders didn't speak English (only French and maybe Croatian) but still this water activity was fun :) The beach area was very nice so we went there every day. Water was clear and I loved to swim and snorkle , it was the highlight of my stay:)
The resort was very stylish looking, very beautiful and new furnitures every where.
So, if you travel with kids, this is the place for you. If not, I highly recommend some other hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mariela K, Public Relations Manager at Waterman Milna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear 470elinap,

thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on your recent stay at Waterman Milna Resort. To begin with, we would like to thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation and therefore providing us with an opportunity but also responsibility, to make the most of your stay. I am truly sorry to hear there were aspects of your stay we failed to fit your needs and meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you had during your stay and I assure you that we will take all your suggestions seriously.

I'd like to thank you for staying with us, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best wishes from Milna!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a week at this resort, as a family of 3 with a seven year old. Had a lovely time.
The speed boat over from Split was an exciting start to the holiday, the ferry back was a little confusing as we were left with no instructions at the harbour but luckily another couple had used them during their stay so guided us to the right one.
Rooms are clean and spacious, wifi throughout the resort. The waterfront is stunning and the slides and inflatables there were lots of fun.
As a vegetarian, there weren't a great deal of options on the buffet . That said, we didn't go hungry. The veg lasagne and pizza were delicious. Also, there was meat in some dishes I didn't expect, such as the omelette for breakfast, so be aware! The only minor gripe would be the temperature of the food, some mornings the eggs were stone cold but the chef was happy to cook fresh.
We also didn't find out you could hire towels for the pool until a day or two before we left so maybe on arrival the reception could be a little more informative. The pool area was clean, but the umbrellas are very prone to blowing over quite easily, another thing to be aware of.
We played mini golf and table tennis but didn't make use of the tennis or basketball courts as it seemed too energetic for us in the heat!
The hotel entertainment was good, the mini disco each night was fun, and the poolside games were a hit.
Overall we had a perfect week in the sun, I was also lucky enough to have a massage in the tent on the waterfront, which was amazing! Would love to return for another holiday here.
Ps for any future guests, look out for the gorgeous kittens who live in the woods near the kitchen, they are very fond of fish!

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Shimmycocopop

Dear Shimmycocopop,

Many thanks for taking the opportunity to share your review of your recent stay at Waterman Milna Resort. I am pleased to know that you found the rooms clean and spacious enough and that you enjoyed various activities and games initiated by our energetic animation team.
We are genuinely sorry for few aspects of your stay which made it less pleasant but we are pleased to know that in spite of everything you rated your overall satisfaction level pretty high. Thank you for being one of our happy guests and I really do hope that you will consider coming back as I am very confident that we can provide you with the same experience and level of comfort that a majority of our guests are very willing to attest to.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I'm currently staying here and the main topic of conversation around the pool and beach is the terrible food and the queues at meal times . Everyone I have spoken to feel that the complaints are falling on deaf ears. Nothing seems to be improving. The food is tepid sometimes stone cold. Limited options at mealtimes. The queues at mealtimes are unacceptable. The restaurant simply isn't big enough to cope with the volume of guests. Please seriously consider before booking. We have a young family and it simply isn't viable to travel to Milna every evening for supper.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank bedders31

Dear bedders31,

Thank you very much for your review.

I’m really sorry to hear your disappointment regarding your experience at our restaurant and the food provided.
I am extremely saddened to hear that your vacation was let down by the food you feel not to be varied enough and, most important to be cold. Unfortunately, I do have to admit that the food was a bit cold on a few occasions so we are closely keeping an eye on this aspect in particular. We have also taken seriously your suggestions regarding the food variety so we are continuously coming up with different food combinations in order to satisfy every taste.
I would also like to apologize if your meal time was spoilt by queues and noise in the restaurant. Sometimes it happens that majority of our guests decide to have a meal at the same time so it can get kind of busy and loud, especially if there are many families with kids. I am sorry if you miss taking an opportunity to enjoy your meal at our a la carte restaurant which is usually a favourite spot for our guests who seek more quiet and private dining atmosphere.

Thank you once again for choosing Waterman Milna Resort and I really hope that you will consider coming back as I am very confident that we can provide you with the experience and level of comfort you expected in the first place.

Best regards,