Just got back from our second stay at La Villa and still great place to spend a week. It's hard to mention something that hasn't been in the reviews on this site yet, but let me tell you our 10 personal reasons to book a stay at La Villa :-)
1. Mark & Peter : best hosts ever! Always friendly and funny, lovely guys.
2. The room : we booked a Deluxe room (beautiful view on the mountains), it has everything you need : good bed, soft sheets, enough space, large bathroom with huge bathtub, new Gilchrist & Soames amenities, Tassimo machine to make a coffee/tea/hot chocolate,...
3. La Villa : beautiful house, lots of charm. My husband had a massage and loved it, very relaxing.
4. The garden : always quiet and lots of comfy seats to do some reading, have a drink,...
5. The DVD collection : don't worry if you have a rainy day : Mark & Peter own an impressive DVD collection with loads of recent movies and series.
6. Le Bistrot des Saveurs : a great restaurant in Castres (about 20 minutes by car). Mark & Peter booked us a table and we had a lovely evening here : great food, friendly people, nice atmosphere. We will go back for sure.
7. The possibilities in the area : this time we did a boat trip on Canal du Midi (nice views, relaxing), saw Rennes Le Château, Hautpoul, Castres,...
8. Mazamet : nice town for a walk, we liked the Saturday market, cause it's not a typical tourist market : very few tourists, all locals. Good pizza at La Scala.
9. The breakfast : fresh French bread, homemade jam, lovely lemon cakes, fresh fruits, cheese, meat, juices, Nespresso,... Great way to get awake :-)
10. Last but not least : the fantastic dinners. Peter is a wonderful cook who creates great dishes. We had a combination of "classics" we tasted last year (but were very happy to eat them again) like the boeuf encroute (!!), the marinated salmon, the goat cheese tartelette, the chicken suprème with heavenly sauce,... and new dishes like lemon posset, tonka bean panna cotta, comté soufflé, fantastic ravioli,... If you like to talk about food/recipies, Peter is your man! :-)
We really enjoyed this second stay, hope to get back real soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Villa de Mazamet is a stunning 1930’s property located in the Tarn department of SW France providing the highest quality Bed & Breakfast accommodation.Overlooking the Montagne Noire (Black Mountains), La Villa provides five sumptuous guest rooms all with ensuite facilities and amenities normally only found in high standard hotels.Other guest facilities include a table d'hôtes restaurant, TV lounge, small library, private walled garden with swimming pool and sun terrace. Le Petit Spa at La Villa provides a sauna, jacuzzi and a choice of massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your La Villa De Mazamet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Villa De Mazamet Hotel Mazamet