“Great place for an overnight when driving through France”

Hericlea Hotel Sport
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Millau
Folkestone, England
“Great place for an overnight when driving through France”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I phoned ahead to book the hotel and the manager was really helpful. I told him I might not get to the hotel until 8pm or so, and he told me to call him if I was arriving after 8 as he'd be closing the reception and would have to leave my room key somewhere. He asked me for my mobile number. Around 7.30pm he phoned me on my UK mobile to check that I was still coming - in fact, I was only ten minutes away! I was impressed that the outdoor pool was still open at this time in the evening in mid-September. I stayed in one of the rooms in the block behind the reception, which was perfectly adequate. For the same price as a Formule 1, I got a hotel with much better service AND a swimming pool!

Room Tip: The chalets are more expensive but have nice verandas and views towards the famous Millau viaduct.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We booked this hotel for a one night stop over. Unfortunately we broke down that day and we telephoned the hotel and cancelled our room. The manager was very understanding, she spoke good english and she assured us we would not be charged. (We telephoned well before 6pm which was the cut off time to cancel, with no charges).
One month later I descovered that they had charged 99 euros from my bank account.
We telephoned them a number of times but suddenly nobody could speak english, there were no phone records kept and the manager was extremely rude and denied all knowledge of our cancellation.
I would strongly advise anyone thinking of staying here to think again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank wallis10

Travellers are raving about these Millau hotels

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This is a lovely place but more like a leisure centre with a few rooms built at the back. There are also log cabins on the site. To get to our room we had to walk through the leisure centre during the day or all round the outside at night. A long walk with suitcases even though we had booked for a disabled person. Room was very good, bathroom clean and roomy. Quiet at night. View of the Millau viaduct whilst eating breakfast which was usual rip off 5.90 euros for bread and jam! Macdonalds within walking distance if you like that.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple