“Fantastic”

Price range: US$15 - US$23
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We found this little gem by chance and we are so glad we did because it was absolutely fantastic. We had the set menu at 11 euro's and it was superb.
Lovely vegetable soup with cream and bread, served with a lovely small cup of tea to complement it, followed by the best cheese and onion tart I have ever tasted which came with salad, and other little homemade gems on the plate such as a gingerbread with Brie, homemade dressings and chutney's etc.
the service was fantastic and we were talked round the food on our plates (in French) by the lady that served us with great pride.
Our only disappointment was that we didn't have room for dessert.
If we have time we are popping back for tea and cake before we return home to England

1  Thank sam l

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My friends and I chose this restaurant because my friends had been there before and said it was the only place to eat in Millau, and I learned that they were right! We all had the set lunch, the only meal available, and it was a real treat. We started with a delicious tomato bisque followed by a plate lunch including a green salad, a lentil dish, and the best cheese tart I have ever tasted. I was so full, but I couldn't stop eating because everything was très délicieux! The cheeses, the bread, the desserts--everything was top notch in this adorable restaurant.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

It was like stepping into a world of peace and tranquillity: wonderful surroundings; friendly service and delicious lemon meringue pie. My husband had a coffee but I thought that I would try tea. I was overwhelmed by the options but, with the help of the waitress, I chose one which was not too perfumed which was very refreshing. We would like to return for a lunch one day.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Really cute tea rooms, games on the tables and lots to look at on the walls, very friendly service. We had the set lunch which started with a tiny cup of special tea and then home made chestnut soup (delicious) followed by the best quiche I have ever had (the menu depends on what is fresh on the market). Everything on the plate was explained (local cheese, medieval bread/ginger cake recipe, pate etc. Very very good value and an absolute delight

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 23 June 2011

After being turned away by a stern waitress from another nearby restaurant telling us it was “complet” meaning no more lunch meals would be served that day, my husband walked around Place Foch (the old center of Millau) to stumble upon this very, very cute tea room. Right after we went in, we realized we were very lucky to be turned away from the other restaurant. Only one main meal was available for all customers, but we were ready to take a chance. A husband and wife team run the tea room which provides a menu of traditional food which the day we there included an appetizer of lentil soup followed by a full plate sectioned off with French quiche, salad and lunch and dessert tartes (for 10 Euros). Each section of the entire plate was described to us (in French) in detail by the wife who waited on us. We also had fresh bread, and my husband had a glass of white wine which was about 2 Euros (not bad!). The entire meal was filling and a great value. Of course, if you want to have just a cup of tea or coffee and a pastry, there are plenty to enjoy. We just had the lunch menu.

2  Thank boblaura