“Guillaume at the front desk showed me where I could dry out my wet gear” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Saint Lary Sensoria

Mercure Saint Lary Sensoria
pleroma
“Guillaume at the front desk showed me where I could dry out my wet gear”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed here one night back in late September 2012. I was hiking on the GR10 from Atlantic to Mediterranean coasts and experienced 48 hours bad weather in the mountains. I was cold, tired and dirty and all my gear was soaking wet. I could not raise anyone to come and open the local gîte d'étape for me so the warmth of Mercure was a tempting option. I explained my predicament to the young man - Guillaume - at the desk and he helpfully showed me where I could dry out my gear: in the ski room down in the basement. Great. It worked. The room was warm and comfortable and I enjoyed hot baths. The huge bed was especially comfortable: I slept the sleep of the dead. I can't say the set menu dinner was any great shakes: canard au confit. Standard chain hotel fare: food for the undiscerning. In my condition I was glad of any sustenance though, so no complaints.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank pleroma
mercuresensoria, Responsable relations clients at Mercure Saint Lary Sensoria, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Thank you very much for your comment, I am sure Guillaume will be glad to receive this compliment.

The hospilaty has an other size in our area, your stay has showed it, I am particulrary glad you have find only a service but also a good and personalised help at Mercure Sensoria.

Rudy Campos.
Resp relations Clients.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

spent fab few days here over half term. hotel perfectly situated for ski lift, ski hire and village. staff all keen to help, with the atmosphere of an individual hotel rather than a chain. large clean practical rooms and generous buffet breakfast. nice atmosphere, pool table and roaring fire at the bar. ski area great for a few days , but some lifts a little unreliable and only 3 restaurants on slopes. plenty of choices of restaurants to eat in town.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank melanie w
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

Don't go there. Nobody are professional. For the restaurant the staff didn't get any training. It's like we are in a cirque with many clown around you. Big delay for the food. There is no organisation!!!!
Where is the manager!!!! Not is the restaurant to help is staff!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Margotte007
mercuresensoria, Directeur général at Mercure Saint Lary Sensoria, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Thank you very much to take some time to post this comment, of course we completly agree with you about the quality of our restaurant service last sunday night.

I was not in site for some personal reason, to rassure you at the pick season, I am with the restaurant team every night. Our activity is a little bit complex as we open the hotel for winter and summer season only. Every begining of each season is a real challenge for us to come as fast as possible, with mainly new staff to a quality level attented by us and our customers, I do not have a lot of reason to explain what did happenned this night, except that it was our very first day with a lot of guests arrivals, and we complety have passed away the quality of service. please accept our sinceres apologies.

The last restaurant services this week with nearly 180 guests were ok, good sign of improve and of course for guests satisfactions.

Jean Marc Peybernes
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here and had dinner which looked like in nice restaurants but was of low quality. I expected a device to be able to warm the room a bit but even at this exorbitant price they dont provide you with this posibility. The toilet paper is cheap quality. The sensoria therme spa is not hot as I expected actually I was a bit cold while in the water - 2 hours to stay is a lot.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Ariel N
mercuresensoria, Responsable relations clients at Mercure Saint Lary Sensoria, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for your comment even if your opinion could be much better, this week end was the very last one of our summer season 2012, hotel is closed now since last sunday night.
May be we have missed this appointment, and we are sorry about that, surely weather was not so hot, and heating not conviniant, we have lighted on saturday night our main "cheminée" (lighted with natural wood) in the bar lounge and lobby, but not enought to give a warm impression ; lighting all the heating system for one day was impossible to do.

We have checked with other guests and no one did mentioned anything wrong concerning heating, even if we agree that temperature was not so hot, in lobby and restaurant.

Concerning food quality, normaly our restaurant is well scored by our guests even if we know that this service need to improve more.

Water temperature at Rio was ok last week end, nearly 32° as usual, but outside temp, is a beat cooler and this is maybe why you had this little impression of cold.

We hope to see you again, just to show you how we can improve.

Rudy Campos
Resp Rel Clients
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location for taking day trips on a bicycle around the St. Lary area. It is also close to the great Tour de France rides. Unfortunately the grounds are in need of attention, but do show they were once beautiful. Our room was clean, spacious and quiet. I took advantage of the spa services and enjoyed a unique water massage. Delicious breakfast options.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TropicalParadise888
Bordeaux, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here for a week in February 2012 and were very happy with every part of the vacation. The hotel was perfectly located for access to the slopes and the surrounding village. The service in the hotel was stellar and the receptionist recommended a restaurant in a nearby village where we had the best meal of our lives (Le Kayolar). I did not even know that the hotel had a kid club (complete with movies, activities and video games) and my two sons loved going there in the evenings which was perfect for my husband and I to have some alone time. The rooms were cleaned daily and everything was very practical and convenient. I highly recommend this hotel and we will be going back soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently renovated.