“Outstanding food! simple menu amazing taste” 5 of 5 bubbles

Couleur des Champs
Ranked #3 of 172 Restaurants in Arras
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A simple menu, a policy of "single price", and season products. Couleur des champs also is a restaurant where the local producers have their "place of honor".
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food! simple menu amazing taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

A great little restaurant; so pleased we found it!

Tucked away from the main square this is easily accessible.

Really welcoming, friendly proprietors - made us feel like one of the family!

Outstanding food - easily one of the best meals I've had out for the quality of food and taste. Lovely house wine.

Very simple menu, but easy to find something for everyone, and chef very accommodating.

Highly recommended for anyone!

2 Thank Cams32

E.Sussex
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I ate here twice. The menu is limited, and there is a set price for each of the three courses. A winning formula in my opinion, as the young couple who run the restaurant can concentrate on the quality of the food, which is good, unpretentious, French fare. We had lunch and dinner there. The mid-day ' Plat du Jour ' is only 10 euros, or 15 euros if you also have dessert and a glass of wine. The three course dinner for two, with wine, came to roughly 45 euros. Considering the quality of the food, and the good service, the value for money here is outstanding. The décor is clean but basic.
The restaurant is just off the Place Des Heroes. It is well worth looking for, to get away from the typical, touristy places within the Square itself.

London
“Best meal I have had in France”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We booked this restaurant because when we called for a reservation and explained I was a vegetarian who did not eat mushrooms or peppers, the lady on the phone had no problem with that. We arrived and she knew who we were and I felt I had the best veggie meal I have ever had in France. The atmosphere was nice and friendly and it was fantastic. I never order three courses but did at this restaurant because everything was so good. Thank you for a wonderful evening, full of good food and laughter and excellent service!

London, United Kingdom
“Sensational food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Possibly the best meal we have ever eaten - my wife and I both agreed. My starter of prawns in whisky was followed by pork mignon in a cheese sauce, and then brioche perdu. My vegetarian wife went for crunchy egg starter, cheese salad main course, and the gourmet coffee ( a selection of 3 small desserts served with a coffee). The owner/waitress was brilliant and the chef warmly deserved the handshakes he got from the customers when he came out. Just 60 euro for 2 (inc 2 wine and a beer) - amazing. Decor is pretty basic, but don't be fooled - go !

Visited April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't have known of this place had it not been for Trip Advisor - and what a find! I carried out a 'recce' in mid afternoon to find it was closed. But I telephoned and in somewhat poor French I reserved a table by answerphone! I turned up with a friend at 20:00 hrs and was very warmly welcomed. We had a Ricard while we decided what to eat and I chose the camembert and apple starter. My friend had the crevettes. Both were excellent. Our main course was Duck, beautifully prepared and presented. A bottle of the house Bordeaux accompanied. We had two excellent desserts as well. The Chef came out to see how we were getting on and was duly complimented. L'addition came to €74 including the drinks and it was worth every penny. I do recommend the place and I will definitely return when I am next in Arras! Outstanding quality and very friendly service. Merci!

Visited March 2014