“Not as Good as the Reviews”
Review of Couleur des Champs

Couleur des Champs
Ranked #8 of 183 Restaurants in Arras
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A simple menu, a policy of "single price", and season products. Couleur des champs also is a restaurant where the local producers have their "place of honor".
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went for lunch on the strength of reviews and while the food was reasonably good it could have been better.
Wine list while small was good value.
Service was extremely slow even by French standards.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Just off of the main square in Arras the food here was of a high standard and reasonably priced. Staff are friendly and attentive, place clean and comfortable. Some good "plat du jour" options too.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A great little restaurant; so pleased we found it!

Tucked away from the main square this is easily accessible.

Really welcoming, friendly proprietors - made us feel like one of the family!

Outstanding food - easily one of the best meals I've had out for the quality of food and taste. Lovely house wine.

Very simple menu, but easy to find something for everyone, and chef very accommodating.

Highly recommended for anyone!

2  Thank Cams32
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I ate here twice. The menu is limited, and there is a set price for each of the three courses. A winning formula in my opinion, as the young couple who run the restaurant can concentrate on the quality of the food, which is good, unpretentious, French fare. We had lunch and dinner there. The mid-day ' Plat du Jour ' is only 10 euros, or 15 euros if you also have dessert and a glass of wine. The three course dinner for two, with wine, came to roughly 45 euros. Considering the quality of the food, and the good service, the value for money here is outstanding. The décor is clean but basic.
The restaurant is just off the Place Des Heroes. It is well worth looking for, to get away from the typical, touristy places within the Square itself.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We booked this restaurant because when we called for a reservation and explained I was a vegetarian who did not eat mushrooms or peppers, the lady on the phone had no problem with that. We arrived and she knew who we were and I felt I had the best veggie meal I have ever had in France. The atmosphere was nice and friendly and it was fantastic. I never order three courses but did at this restaurant because everything was so good. Thank you for a wonderful evening, full of good food and laughter and excellent service!