Hotel Mercure Arras Centre Gare
  • Bar/Lounge
US$162
US$121
  • Restaurant
Ibis Arras Centre Les Places(Arras)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
US$55
US$48
Travelocity
B&B Hotel Arras(Arras)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$68
Hotwire.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivilege roomcar parknice hoteltour groupcentral locationexcellent showernear the train stationhotel barwould stay here againtown centreshort walkreception stafffree wifibreakfast buffetsomme battlefieldswalk in showerscrambled eggs
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We stayed one night in Arras and decided on the Mercure at the last minute. Like all the hotels in this chain, there are no surprises - which is what I like! Clean, modern and above all, a great comfortable bed. The hotel is just 5 mins walk from the center of the old town and close by the gare. Extremely quiet. The room was a bit on the small side but adequate. Great shower and good towels and shampoos. We skipped the breakfast which we thought was pricey - Euro 12 each. Parking was offered at Euro 9 a day, which again was a little rich considering there was plenty of free on the street parking available. Otherwise, would recommend to anyone staying a night or two in Arras.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Nice lobby area, bar,& convenient to underground car park
Room looked well furnished & clean though lacked any fan or air con / the thermostat switch in the room appeared to do nothing , so you open the window & can be very noisy.
Breakfast was basic & expensive for what it was.
Hotel corridor on floor I stayed had several dinner trays on the floor & looked as if it needed a good clean and painting.
Could be better !!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Recently stayed at this hotel for two nights with my boyfriend.

Now yes I am quite fussy when it comes to the quality of a hotel but this one simply wont do.

I found it to be overpriced at 106 euros per night without breakfast. I would expect a very pleasant room for this price.

The rooms were grubby and dated with scratchy bed sheets and a broken shower, and the seperate toilet area smelt very strongly of urine.

The corridors had woodchip style walls, red and brown carpet and yellow doors which is why I refer to this hotel as being dated.

The hotel is very noisey and this can not all be blamed on the guests as both days I was woken by the cleaner banging round.

I did not sample the breakfast due to the bad reviews id read regarding the breakfast.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MidlandsBubble
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Although part of a Battlefields tour group I was traveling alone. The hotel was located very centrally and safely close enough to restaurants for the evening. The room was excellent and appeared to be newly refurbished (they gave me a double). Breakfast was in a separate room unfortunately. Continental but with scrambled eggs and bacon included as an option plus the usual fruit salad, cereal, breads and cake, plenty to eat. Main restaurant bright and cheerful, unfortunately the demeanor of the staff didn't match! Still, spoilt for choice in the restaurants on the main squares.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel where although the rooms were good (apart from the leaky shower) the standard of the breakfast was poor. I was on a walking tour of the battlefields which included a 4 mile walk each day. We were put in a seperate room from the rest of the guests for breakfast, there was no hot food and the staff had to be found to replace coffee or food. The only food available was strong soft cheese, ham, fruit, yoghurt, cereal and bread. I asked the staff if they could at least supply some hot food but was completely ignored.

Stayed: October 2009