“Average stay in an average hotel”

Hotel Mercure Arras Centre Gare
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Arras
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The Mercure is comfortable and centrally placed with a drive in car park below. You will pay extra for parking. Access is not that easy and will be difficult if you have mobility issues. Nice big hotel but felt a bit empty when we stayed. Has a large function suite which has not been in use during my previous stays - if it were the reception bar would struggle as it is tiny. The room was reasonable, had a mini bar and is air conditioned. Separate toilet and bath areas are a bit odd but we had a pleasant enough stay. The breakfast is basically a self service buffet and while the hot options were limited to spongy scramlebd egg and bacon chunks the rest was good.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel are probably better
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
c-longuet, Directeur général at Hotel Mercure Arras Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Good morning,

By leaving a comment, you have taken the time to give your opinion about your stay in our hotel and we thank you.

we are sorry that the service didn't meet your expectations. We are refurbishing our bathrooms at the moment and we are working on a new breakfast buffet.

I hope that you'll come back in our hotel to notice the changes.

Best regards

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Good hotel with subsidised parking underneath. Rooms large and pleasant. However, only air refreshing and no aircon so very hot until we opened a window.
We were very tired after a long journey so ate in the restaurant - excellent food, beautifully presented - the prix fixe menu is amazing value. Incredible selection of wines at good prices

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tum22

Good morning,

First of all thank you for leaving a comment about your stay in our hotel,

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly again in Mercure Atria Arras,

Reviewed 7 July 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here 3 nights, after driving from Normandy. Mainly interested in WW1 sites.
Hotel was easy to find and close to Railway and Car Rental return office, as we were training it back to Paris, this was important. Also close to main square of town (5 min stroll).
Parking was under hotel and reasonably priced for secure parking at 10 euro per night.
Rooms were good although a bit of upgrade will be necessary soon, as they are getting a bit dated, found everything to be clean and in working order. Good beds and had good peaceful sleep. Breakfast was included in our rate, which was very reasonable. (internet).
Breakfast was buffet style with pretty good choice and good quality.
Staff spoke good English and were very helpful, friendly and good at their jobs.
Would stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Good morning,

We want to thank you for having taken time to announce us your remarks.

You were satisfied by your stay and we are very happy about that.

We look forward to welcome you again in Mercure Atria Arras.

Best regards

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We did stay at this hotel but visited to eat. It is wonderful, melt in the mouth and a great quality price ratio. It has a Michelin mention and that is why we went there. I had a knuckle of lamb that was absolutely delicious and the desert of cream, ice cream and strawberries divine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank corkies

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on Trip Advisor.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding our restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Mercure Atria Arras.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stopped here en-route from Normandy to Rotterdam. A nice clean and professional hotel. A nicely appointed room with a bath which was welcome after a long ride in the motorbike. The hotel is only a short walk to the city center which is very pleasant and full of life.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 4 June 2013

As an overall experience, I'd rate the Mercure Atria Arras Centre to be a positive one.

I will admit that the building is somewhat dated looking both on the exterior and interior. It's brick walls on the outside make it look like a cheap hotel, while the furniture on the inside appears to be from the 90s. My only other criticism about the hotel was the location of the toilet in my suite. When the architects decided to to lay out the room they decided it'd be okay to position the toilet outside of the bathroom in its own room. This for me was a bit of a hassle, and just out right odd as I've always lived in a home with a 3 piece bathroom.

That being said, I found both the bed and the bedding to be quite comfortable. The room is also equipped with a working thermostat, a bathtub (haven't seen many of these in the hotels I've stayed at while in France), a mini bar fridge, and free wifi in the room (which was fast enough to stream content). Overall my stay that evening was excellent, with the toilet being the only inconvenience. The room was quiet and cozy, and I had a great night's rest.

I would also strongly recommend visiting their restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. I enjoyed a steak with accompanying sides, and I must say I was full after that. I also dared to try out their breakfast buffet as I had a long day ahead of me, and I must say it was worth it. They had a good selection of different things ranging from cold cuts, to scrambled eggs, and organic items (cereals, yougart, milk, juice, and baguette). Both times I ate at their restaurant, I left very happy.

The staff here are very pleasant and quite helpful, one of them also provided me with a couple of lines I could use in French which was a nice touch.

Location-wise, I found this hotel to be perfectly situated close to everywhere I needed to get to. It is about a 10-15 minute to the Tourism Office and the main square, and a 2 minute walk to the train/ bus station.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
c-longuet, Responsable réception at Hotel Mercure Arras Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Good morning,

Thank you for leaving a comment on Trip Advisor about your stay in our hotel.

We are very happy that your stay with us met all your expectations.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.