Ibis Arras Centre Les Places
US$52
US$90
US$76
Hotels.com
B&B Hotel Arras(Arras)(Great Value!)
US$67
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe grand placegreat locationthe main squareplace des herosrooms are smallbars and restaurantsside streetchristmas marketthe underground car parkwar memorialstreet parkingbed was very comfortablebuffet breakfastplenty of parkingstayed for one nightlovely townper day
Reviewed 3 June 2010

A small city centre Ibis located just off the main square in a ideal location. The rooms were small, clean and well appointed. Just what you would expect from a modern Ibis hotel. Excellent value and a reasonable breakfast, ideal for a short stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Staffsmartin
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We traveled to Arras specifically to visit Vimy Ridge. This hotel was in walking distance from the train station, the hotel staff was great, and the room was sufficient. Foreign travelers, especially from North America have to remember that hotel standards are different. It was in a great location. We really didn't find anything else to do in Arras, probably because we came on a holiday and everything was closed. So we spent a lot of time in the hotel room. Keep in mind I am basing my review on the fact that I am under 25 and only cared about having a place to sleep and shower. I am too much of a princess to sleep in a really budget hotel but can't afford luxury either. I rated the sleep quality a 2 because the mattress was hard, but all the hotels I stayed at were the same.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2010

In every way but one this is a great hotel. The staff couldn't be more helpful and there are some little touches which make it feel less 'ibissy'! However, the rooms are ridiculously small. We use ibis hotels all the time and the rooms are not exactly grand but this was a bit silly, my partner and I had to get ready seperately! The ensuite had a half sized bath which was a bit pointless really. Also, although the hotel is really central the parking in the town is a joke. The council seem to have it all organised so that all the parking is the same price right up to the outskirts, which would be fine except you are not able to pay for more than two hours at once. In the end, it felt like my holiday was being segmented into two hour intervals. And beware parking in the squares on Market days (most days), you WILL be towed!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I stayed at the Ibis for a short break over half term with my 12 year old son & had a good time. I had neglected to print out the directions for parking at the hotel but managed to find it by parking at the pay and display on Place des Heros & once checked in obtained a 10 euro per day ( 24 hr) ticket for the underground car park on the Grand Place from reception which was a big discount on the 27 euro per day advertised price. On our last day I parked behind the hotel in Place d'Ipswitch where I could see the car from the room & paid on the meter ( it was a safe area - I am just a bit safety minded).
We had a lovely warm welcome from receptionist who spoke perfect english & all the staff in the hotel through out our stay were very helpful and charming.

Our room was fine for the price with one double and one twin bed - reasonable living space & a view over the rear square. Our only gripe was that the bathroom had only a hip bath & shower & a fairly squeaky pull across door which was not a great use of space as the bathroom was large but that did not detract from our trip. It was clean & warm - it was snowy outside.

Breakfast was nice and good value for 7.50 euro. Cereal, fruit, yogs, very good bread & croissants, proper ham & cheese & tortilla and little crepes. I needed to ask for the cold cuts to replenished on our first day - we were late down - & this was done with no fuss & very quickly. We were encouraged to take out a hot drink in a takeaway carton if we fancied it.

The hotel could not be more central. It is in walking distance of loads of restaurants. We had nice crepes the first night ( in a pedestrian area - no name visable in the restaurant) and good sushi at China Express down by the station at lunchtime one day. We also tried out Bistrot de Boucher which was ok - bit formulaic and like a Cafe Rouge but quite reasonably priced ( £55 for two including drinks).

I would stay here again if in the area. I have not stayed in an Ibis before - but this experience made me think I would try others out in the chain.

we

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JuwariahBristol
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We hadn't planned on our stay at the Ibis in Arras. Well' to be honest we had planned on flying into London, but plans changed at the last minute and we landed in Paris. We hired a car at the airport which was a nightmare experience followed by Sunday evening Paris rush hour while tired from our long transatlantic flight.

We headed out of the city of lights into the darkness of the French Countryside in an attempt to cover some ground en route to London. We got as far as Arras and decided it was time to call it a night. We drove around the town stopping at a few Hotels to enquire about room availability. Third time lucky and there was room at the Ibis. Actually 2 rooms for my partner and myself and our friend.

We got a warm welcome, smiles and sympathy. The rooms were small, but perfectly formed and offering all we could need or want. It was late and we were in need of food, a shower and a comfy bed. The hot shower soothed weary muscles, washing away the strains of the long day, the all night kitchen provided a limited but adequate menu and the simple meals were spot on and the friendly service of the night manager couldn't be better.

Showered and fed we headed up to bed and before long we were in the land of nod and slept like the dead, so comfortable were the beds. We left early after an easy checkout and continued our journey to London. Our stay at the Ibis in Arras, which is to be recommended, was pleasant and pleasurable and my only regret was not spending more time in the town of Arras, but there's always next time and I know just the place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple