“Ordered the Wrong Dish?”

L'Assiette au Boeuf
Ranked #6 of 181 Restaurants in Arras
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Ordered the Wrong Dish?”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the people at our B & B. My wife ordered the beef & sea food with the Thai sauce and it was decent. Coming off of a phenominal steak tartar in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, I ordered it here. Not a great idea as it was less than average and frankly I should have sent it back.

I did see some delicious dishes coming out and it could be that I just ordered the wrong dish. The service was not good and in fact it is the first time in almost 10 years that I've never left a tip at a restaurant.

Brought the wrong wine, had to bring 2 bottles Ketchup to get enough that would compare to one of the small McDonald's pouches. Asked for our bill and it took over 25 minutes and 2 requests before we got it. Would have asked more but they were no where to be seen.

Overall and based on other reviews, it could perhaps be a good restaurant experience but I can't say that we had it.

Adelaide, Australia
“Very nice meal”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went here on the recommendation of our our B&B. Staff were friendly, attentive & quick. We chose the standard menu which was a salad & the speciality steak. There were seemingly unlimited pommes frittes. Very tender steak, nice flavours & good value. Tables filled fast & were served quickly. A really pleasant meal.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Steak”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Ate here whilst on a recent trip to ARRAS after reading tripadvisor reviews as wanted something fairly straightforward to eat. We weren't disappointed as the steak was lovely and the sauces also very good. I am intolerant to cooked diary produce but the waitress assured me there was no dairy even though my French is not that good and her English not perfect..... Very friendly and helpful staff and food

Hay on Wye
“Basic steak and chips cooked well in modern decor restaurant”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Nothing to complain about but nothing that good for the price ..... steak cooked well and chips top class but that is really it... the decor is modern and the whole ambiance is reflective of an up market market burger chain with significantly better food... service is efficient and good ... price is a little high for what you get...

An interesting concept of uplifting what could be yet another burger place into a decent place to eat but with no frills or great expectations

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank John T
Sheffield
“Great service and food”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The menu in this little restaurant near the cinema in the Grande Place is not extensive but the food is very good and the service is excellent. The staff work really hard and are cheerful and attentive. On our visit I embarrassingly knocked over my glass of red wine. This was cleared up very quickly without fuss which spared my blushes, and my glass was refilled free of charge. Well worth a visit if you are in Arras. We would certainly go back and recommend it. Prices are also very reasonable.

• Visited December 2013