“Good hotel, good value”

Holiday Inn Express Arras
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Arras
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Arras, for the fourth time. We were in a family room and although it was a little small, I think that the hotel is clean and good value (we paid twice the price for the Holiday Inn in Reims and had a terrible experience there).
The staff were great, we had a good night's sleep and a really good breakfast. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Duffyx4

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Cheap and cheerful, very clean, super helpful staff and amazing breakfast. Stayed with the kidston were on a pull out sofa, all comfortable and happy campers after two nights here. Good sized rooms. Great location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 19 January 2014

What can I say other than the whole experience was made special by the night receptionist Frank. The greeting on arrival was very special and very personal. he was very professional and had a great knowledge of the area. He was a great ambassador to the brand and an asset to the hotel. One of the most passionate members of staff we have seen for a long time. Parking was easy (under the building with a lift into reception)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel in June 2013 and December 2013, both one night stops.
I found the hotel to be very clean in all areas and in the room, we had a smoking room with a balcony, check-in and out was painless and quick. The room was a good size and suited our needs very well, the wifi didn't seem to work and the chap on reception did hes best to get me connected, all the staff we came in to contact with were friendly and helpful .
No restaurant but they do bar meals which were actually quite tasty!, breakfast was included and was pretty good.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

As most of my followers know I have a three week trip around Europe every year. Well our last stop this year was the above hotel. Going by the reviews it should have been a pleasant nights stay, how ever the only point I can agree is that the staff were helpful. I have never been know for pulling my punches.so here goes.

Pro's: close to the centre, well appointed room, pleasant staff.

Cons: the car park is not secure as stated, it is an underground public car park, marked on the map as European centre car park.

Our room swipe keys kept failing, needing 4 trips to reception to get the key reprogrammed

The air conditioning (heating ) did not work,this was reported yet nothing was done about it, not very good in the middle of December and outside temps of - 2.

Finally the bathroom had cracked tiles in front of the WC, there was evidence of black mould growth in the shower and the shower head would not stay in position.

Now this hotel is next to the station and those reviews that say you cannot hear the trains must have had earplugs, As the TVG passing through is like a loud whoosh and the local trains a loud rattle.

I think that the company shoul up their inspections of their hotels and rectify faults, otherwise more reviews of this type will be appearing

Room Tip: Inspect the room before accepting it, if not happy ask to be moved
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TeslaCityofLondon
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Arras, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear TeslaCityofLondon,

I appreciate your feedback. It is good to know you appreciate our hotel location. Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our room amenities and car park. I apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this may have caused you. Management has been notified and proper action has been taken to ensure such situations will be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments which will help us identify areas of improvement. We hope to welcome you back.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The hotel is situated next to the railway and within 5/10 minutes walk of the centre of the town. Parking is in an underground public pay car park and it can be difficult to find a space free near the lift which takes you from the car park to reception. The hotel public areas and rooms are clean and modern. The room I stayed in was exceedingly small and not what i am used to from this chain of hotels, I was somewhat disappointed. I could hear the noise, and feel the vibration from the trains in the room although they did not appear to be very frequent. The breakfast was good.
I was in Arras for the Christmas Market which was well worth going to and only 5 mins away.

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms overlooking railway
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2013

A great place to stay! Dog & Children friendly. Free breakfast, better than many restaurants. Every employee is 100% people friendly. I ordered out for dinner and the two gals at the front desk were so helpfull, I had a large pizza delivered to them!

Room Tip: Left at front desk for the one night stay- $5.00
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo