All reviewstrain stationcar parkgood sizeboiled eggscroissantsair conbreakfast includedtown centrevimy ridgethe hotel receptionbathroom doordirect accessfresh orange juicebreakfast roomsmall barmodern hotelfree wifi
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good location v close to the station but surprisingly quiet. Good size room and very clean. Probably a cross between a Premier Inn and a Travelodge.
Wi-fi is free and worked well for e-mails but it seemed that you had to log on to another site to for social networks etc and had to use 3G. Breakfast was quite adequate but dining room gets busy and probably worth getting down early. We were travelling with fellow Leyton Orient supporters for "The Somme" trip so the Hotel was well located for our trips. Also, it would be handy to take the TGV to Paris. Arras itself is a very pleasant Town and there are plenty of places to eat or drink. Overall, I would recommend this Hotel. Not luxury but quite comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank david03
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in June 2014. There was virtually nothing to complain about.
Although it is near the station, we only ever heard 1 train, and that was mid-day. The rooms are double-glazed and air-conditioned anyway.
Food is excellent, with enough available at breakfast to last you all day. Rooms were clean and tidy.
The only minor criticism was....there weren't enough coat-hangers in the room......take a few with you.
Enjoy your stay, we did.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back don't have much of a view.........if that matters.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jack R
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I wanted a pet-friendly hotel on the French side of the Channel Tunnel and this was very convenient. Everything was clean and welcoming and I could not fault the room. The free wi-fi was excellent but did not seem to stretch to the breakfast room. This did not matter too much as the breakfast took my mind off the internet. The lady looking after breakfast was cute so that helped too.

The underground car park was rather dimly lit but I think this is not the hotel's fault.

I plan to stay again on my return journey.

Room Tip: Room 413 is a generous size and has a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mi_nombre_aqui
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hello again Folks,

Please find our review of the Holiday In Express, Arras. If you find it of any help, please click the green helpful tab at the end. Thanks.

We stayed here on Friday 13th June, 2014.

We parked in the underground car park, next door, which neither of us liked. It was a bit dark and dingy in places and due to the selfish parking of many people, there was no chance of parking on the upper decks, so we finally ended up on floor 3, right in the bowels of Arras.

We left our ticket in the car, as we wanted to get off early the next morning and didn’t want to be messing around looking for the parking ticket. It wasn’t until several hours later, that my Wife read that the ticket fees could be redeemed at the hotel reception. I couldn’t be bothered to go and fetch the ticket for ten euros, although we did eventually take the car out of the car park at six p.m and leave it on the street overnight, as parking was free from 18.00 - 9.00.

Also, when leaving such under ground car parks at silly a.m, its more often than not, that no one is around to assist you when tickets / credit cards malfunction. The car was fine overnight on the street.

We checked into room 215 which was O.K, nothing special. The A/C was present, but did not work, I rang reception, who said to put your room pass into the slot on the wall. This had already been done. I suspect the A.C was controlled by reception ?

I don’t buy into that, or understand the policy. It’s a bit like having air bags in your car that are controlled by the car dealership ?

The room was charged at 109.60 euros, which I felt expensive for the brand.

Because of the A/C situation, we slept with the window open. Even when closed, you could clearly hear the trains, despite double glazing. What made the situation worse, was that we were kept awake from 2 to 5.00a.m, by many people outside reception, below us. I thought there must be a nightclub near by, but when I looked out the window, I was amazed to see many middle aged / elderly people. They were waiting for coaches !!!

ARRAS

Our first and possibly last visit. The main Flemish type square was beautiful, with many bars and restaurants to be enjoyed. But surrounding that was non descript.

Many Thanks
Gary

PS - We did see the Ibis Hotel which is just off the square that I mention. We don’t really do Ibis but this one looked a little different and more upmarket and modern. Food for thought.

PPS - I have also reviewed restaurant Eurostar

Room Tip: Dont sleep track side or above reception.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ruddstar
Charles-Henry A, Directeur général at Holiday Inn Express Arras, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience in our hotel.

We are very sorry to read that your stay was not good.

We were not informed about airco problem between friday and saturday, I will be in touch with the company today. But be sure, the airco is not controlled from the reception.

Also, please accept our apologies for some guests who did not respect the sleep of our clients during the night. There was a early departure and some of them were very noisy. We learnt it later. Unfortunatly, from the reception desk, the receptionnist could not hear what happened outside. We will send to the Tour Operator concerned, your comments.

The front desk manager will contact you shortly.

Very best regards,

Charles-Henry Ansart

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Impressed with the quality and cleanliness of this place, and the facilities (gym looked nice and well equipped; bar had plenty on offer).

Easy to find and the courtyard area at the front was great for a group, such as ours, to meet up and go off in the morning.

Breakfast was very nice too, in a nice airy location. Had to go down the stairs to get there though, which wasn't the easiest for some of our group.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends