Holiday Inn Express Arras
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstrain stationcar parkboiled eggsgood sizecroissantsair conbreakfast includedtown centrevimy ridgethe hotel receptiondirect accessfresh orange juicemodern hotelfree wifismall barbreadstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2008

We stayed here for only one night as part of our own tour of battlefields and monuments, and this HIX was a cut above those in Amiens and Lille.

It is more modern, spacious and had an attractive breakfast room. There was no shortage of food despite the big crowd. We had no problem with the parking which was actually more spacious than some others we used during our trip.

There are several excellent restaurants nearby (all of them packed) and we had a very good meal at a reasonable price at Bistro Du Bouchet.

The only negative about this hotel is the complete lack of Internet access (except wireless). Almost all hotels in France charge for use of the Internet but they do have a computer available for guests. This one did not.

Nevertheless, if I was planning the trip again I would stay here for another night rather than in Amiens or Lille.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 September 2008

We (a family of four - including an 8 and 6 year old) stayed here for two nights as part of our European adventure. We arrived by train from Paris, on our way to visit the Canadian War Memorial, Vimy Ridge. The hotel is conveniently located near the train station. This convenience can also be a hinderance as trains continued throughout the night along with the station loud speaker. When the windows closed, it was not too much of a bother. The hotel is within walking distance of its main square. A lovely little town. The hotel has the basics and were pleasantly surprised about the ample size of the room (a double bed and a pull out sofa). The hotel staff were helpful and friendly. The best deal about this hotel is the great breakfast, that was included in the room rate! (most hotels we stayed at had a high price for the breakfasts). This "contenental" breakfast included various items such as coffe, tea, hot chocolate, juices, milk, cold crereals, yogurts, cold meats, hard boiled eggs, cheeses, various breads, croissants, muffins, fresh fruit. We were happy with our stay at this hotel. It is not fancy but very clean and the breakfast was satisfying.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank familyfun2008
Reviewed 7 July 2008

My husband and I stayed here for one night to break up our joirney from home (South East UK) to Chatillon-sur-Loire. We received a warm & friendly welcome even though we arrived at close to 1:30am. Reception spoke excellent English, after my little amount of French speaking skills proved insufficient.

Parking is available in the underground car park but it was closed by the time we arrived so we parked on the main square and pre-fed the meter so we didn't have to be up by 9am, when the charging period begins.

The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom spotless - I would equate the room to an average Travelodge. We could hear the trains and station announcements but we were tired so we still got a good night's sleep. For light sleepers, or those bothered by noise, I would recommend bringing earplugs, however.

Breakfast in the morning (included in the room rate) had plenty of choice e.g. fresh fruit, yoghurt, breads, pastries, cheese, meat, etc. Check-out was smooth and simple, and once again polite and friendly.

I would recommend the hotel as good basic accommodation, the same as I would a Travelodge. Although I must admit I can't comment on pricing / value as we paid for our night using points I had accumulated from American Airlines.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2008

clean and easy to find hotel in town has no restaurant for evening meals but found something suitable only 100 yards away.breakfast in hotel was fine we did find train noise intrusive however in room.arras is a fine town worth exploring in itself a must is the new arras caves/tunnels recently excavated and opened only in march.this is where the british troops were house d prioir to the offensive on ww1 a must.one word of warning.the hotel carpark is undernesth the hotel the spaces are very narrow. after i got home i discovered a careless french motorist had scraoped my bumper and wing and left me no note but 300 pounds worth of damage. try to find a space well aay from others if possible.thi seems to be a feature of all french underground carparks pillars and obstructed spaces seem common.the car park is also not particularly cheap-and for me very expensive!

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 1 March 2008

The hotel was very clean bright and welcoming. Rooms well up to standard and staff helpful. The only criticism, and it was a real problem, was the suffocating heat within the room and hotel. Windows could not be opened so a somewhat stifling night spoiled an otherwise very good hotel. Higly recommended for hothouse plants!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank miguelathome