Hotel Les Trois Luppars
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$119
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Arras Centre Les Places(Arras)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
B&B Hotel Arras(Arras)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$70
US$105
Hotel de L'Univers
US$103
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsoldest buildingthe grand placethe main squaregreat locationwalls are very thinfruit bowlearly morning cuppafamily roomsmall courtyardgrand squarerooms are basicvast arrayrooms are simply furnishedlots of restaurantscentre of townadequate breakfastsingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I have stayed at the Trois Luppars on many occasions including a few days in April 2013, and am about to go again. It is handily placed for touring the battlefields of Arras, Vimy, Cambrai and the Somme. The hotel is in a great location, being one the larger of the two main squares in central Arras and with many restaurants, bars and sites within a few minutes walk. It is possible to park (paid) on the square and the streets nearby, and there is a large underground car park below the square (currently being refurbished/expanded). Beware that there is a market on Saturday mornings, which occupies the road directly in front of the hotel so make sure that from Friday evening you park across on the left hand side so you don't find your car removed or surrounded by stalls. Trois Luppars is about a 10 minute walk from Arras railway station.

The hotel is relatively small, as are the rooms, but I have always found it spotlessly clean, quiet and everything works. There is a lift to all floors. Every time I have stayed I have been in a block at the rear of the hotel, accessed via a small courtyard from reception. This certainly accounts for it being quiet with no road or other local noise. There may be rooms on the floors above reception, which would face the square, but I am not even sure they exist. It may be worth asking.

Breakfast is typical French hotel - fruit juice, cereal, rolls, coffee etc and is perfectly acceptable if not sumptuous. The hotel has no bar and does not have a restaurant (not an issue as several of each are within a very short distance).

Jean Marc on reception speaks English tolerably well!

For the price, it is good value and I've settled on this after trying many of the central Arras hotels.

Room Tip: All rooms I have used have been good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I previously stayed here with a group of friends in 2010, The hotel has been extended at the back since then and I suspect it is now part of a group. The breakfast is a clue...

Upon checking in we were directed to the rear of the hotel where we left the original building, passed though a small courtyard into what appears to be a newly refurbished old building where there are a lot of rooms. We were on the 2nd floor and our window looked out upon a derelict adjacent building and scruffy yard. Not a problem if you're taking a short stay but if you want a view this is not for you. We did get a good sleep as it's very quiet back there.

The hotel is extremely conveniently situated in the corner of the Grand Place. Do not use the underground carpark in the square - it will cost nearly £30 for a full day!!! There is free parking about 100 metres away.

The breakfast was the biggest disappointment - one croissant, one small piece of bread, and a poor choice of extras. Not good value for money and the lady in charge of the breakfast room watched us like a hawk all the time we were there. Nothing like the previous stay when the food was extensive and plentiful!

Finally the price - a definite hike on our previous visit but that seems to be quite common in France over the last year or two. Not such good value and I'm not sure I'll stay there again. A shame because it's so near the centre of town.

Room Tip: A view over the square is really nice - you need to ask for this.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bikers_on_tour
Reviewed 17 November 2012

One night stay. Located in central square. Plenty of places to eat and drink in Grand Place.
Room clean but a little cramped for our taste.
Owner speaks enough English to cover the basics. Given a key to come and go as we pleased.
Really excellent continental breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gareth131
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is the second time I have used the Three Luppars hotel and I would thoroughly recommend it. It is situated directly on the Grand Place, which is the centre of historical Arras. The hotel is surrounded by numerous other places to eat and drink but having said that it is very quiet and you will get a very peaceful nights sleep. The rooms are basic but immaculately clean and lift access is available to the upper floors. Our room in particular, rm 48 had flat screen television, en suite facilities and was serviced to a very high standard. Free Wi-Fi is available to the entire hotel which includes all the bedrooms. Breakfast is continental style and is fresh and wholesome. The owners are very friendly and accommodating and will give you any advice you want on places to eat, visit etc... If you are considering a visit to this lovely quaint, historic town you could do far worse than to stay here. I would definitely use it again.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank LenDudno
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I can't say that we stayed here although we intended to. On arriving at reception we were aware of such a strong smell resembling antiseptic and boiled cabbage that i thought i had entered an old peoples home by mistake. Despite this we went to our room and tried to use the toilet. My wife could just about sqeeze into it and sit down. Good job she didn't have to turn around. this was quite enough so we made our apologies and left.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family