“Tasty lunch”
Review of Les Remparts

Les Remparts
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had a very tasty lunch at Les Remparts. The fish skewers with scallops and prawns were nicely seasoned. The chips on the plate rather overtook the plate and I would've liked a bit more salad instead. The beef bourguignon was tender, plentiful and flavoursome. The service was fine, if a little slow but very friendly. This was a nice lunch stop. Reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This place looks ok on the square in the old town. But looks can be deceiving - cold soups, undercooked meats and service with a scowl. If Gordon Ramsay ever did a French version of "kitchen nightmares" he could start here. I'm really struggling to find a positive! Fortunately there is a lot of choice around here so do yourself a favour and avoid like the plague.

1  Thank Geraldo_Bonzo
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This restaurant was decent but the food was terrible. everyone's food was cold a few minutes after we had been served. We could tell that the soup was microwaved because it wasn't made in large batches, the waiter didn't know how to explain how it was made because it was made singly and also we could see how the liquid formed on the side due to warming in a microwave. the food was not good. The carbonara you had to pretty much make yourself when you got it so it wasn't to the highest standards. One thing I did like was the escargot.

1  Thank Sebastian B
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A cosy little place with plenty of outside space.
The menu and the prices will tell you that the food is simple but perfectly good. We had omlettes and salads (and a couple of children's meals) ... all perfectly good.
If you want fine cuisine this is not the place. If you want a good setting in the old town, this isn't bad.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Let me start by saying I am not a fussy person at all and i haven eaten in many restaurants. I am 6.5 months pregnant so I have to be very careful of what I eat. We went to this restaurant last night and I wanted beef bourginon and I was told they have not got this. I thought I will have the spaghetti bolognaise cause I can eat that however it was not edible. Obviously I did not eat it and and said it was terrible, they did nothing but charge me full price. My husband had the mussels and he enjoyed it so he was lucky. I just don't know how you can serve partially cooked pasta, with 5 pieces of cut up meat, put amount of small sauce charge €12 for it. They should be ashamed!!!!

1  Thank Cassandra K