Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
eDreams
Agoda.comUS$66
TripadvisorUS$66
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and we're greeted with a warm welcome. We dined at the hotel the food was good. The room was clean and comfortable and shower was great.we left for the channel tunnel at calais the next morning to return to England.this was only a twenty minutes drive.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AmandaN052
Reviewed 5 May 2015

As I say - really basic but nonetheless clean. We were pushed to have breakfast which really was mediocre. But both Patron and wife welcoming and accepting of our dog. The hotel is situated in a rather run down area so was a little worried about the roof box. But not problem. I might have given a score of three but my friends insisted it was a two.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2014

I have just written a favourable review of one of the best hotels, if not the best, I have ever stayed in, so. I feel 'justified' in giving this 'place' (I hesitate to use the word hotel) the worst review I have ever written - but I am so angry! Not just with this place but with myself. When will I learn....."you get what you pay for" and "cheap is dear". Trying to get back to Calais for a Thursday boat, I didn't want to try and find a last minute B&B so found this place via trip advisor and booking.com. I read (and I may have been tired but not that tired) that there was wifi and parking (I assumed it was the hotels own parking facility) we pre-booked (which required credit card details and showed a substantial penalty for cancellation). We arrived at 4.30 and couldn't get in (a call to a local number was pasted on the door if the 'place' was unmanned) we saw keys ready for pick up, but had no code to get in. We received a code only when the office was opened (by a fairly unwelcoming lady manager). Fortunately my wife is fluent in French and it was explained that the parking was public only.....either in front of the hotel on a busy street in down area of Boulogne, or behind the hotel opposite by a run down estate. Not a great choice, particularly if you are loaded with all your luggage and purchase ready to go 'home'! The wifi required a log on of over 29 characters and was appalling (whilst the wifi host, "Hotelspleeping" was easily available, the "guest/room" wifi went from 'spotty' to 'non-existent''! When I asked for an alternative - or to use "Hotelsleeping" host wifi - I received the French equivalent of no-spika-de-English offhandedness!). I resolved the parking problem by walking 200 metres down the road and asking the local Ibis to use their secure parking (they waived the 3 euro fee, seeing my anger and distress). The wifi problem was unresolved. And now to the room!!!!!!!!!! In this instance "one picture is worth a thousand untruths" suffice it to say the room didn't live up to its photo. The pillows (two) were the smallest I have ever encountered and the mattress had a plastic sheet on it, beneath the bed sheet! Thank goodness it wasn't the height of summer. The best thing about our stay there was the moment I killed the mosquito that had bothered (and bitten) my wife during the night. I left its body and blood on the wall. If I ever see this place again, it will be too soon......a disgrace to Boulogne!

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rossjh
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

don't be fooled by the pictures online, they don't show the grim block of 1960s flats on top and around the " hotel "
On arrival we noticed a strange smell permeated the whole place, curry perhaps ( we later found out that the restaraunt is Moroccan so probably that.
Whilst waiting for someone to see us to check in we noticed the breakfast leftovers still strewn about( after midday )
The restaurant toilet was dirty with the toilet paper stored on the floor.
Once we checked in the lady disappeared and we had to find our own way to the rooms, two flights upstairs in darkness (dim green emergency lights)
Room 1, my room had mould all around the windows
The bed was very uncomfortable
Various "hairs" were stuck to the blankets and under the bed, the sheets themselves appeared clean
The toilet extractor didn't work-no window
Wi fi didn't work despite the longest log in code known to man
The only tv in English ( BBC news) pixelated and breaking up- I know when in France not to expect English TV but ALL the other stations were perfect!
Oh I forgot about the chair randomly placed on the bed?.
Carpets on the stairs and landings worn and shiney
No carpet in rooms just worn out fag burnt Lino
Room two,
LOADS of unspecified hairs on blankets and under bed
Similar story to our room with the added bonus of the toilet packing up in the morning.
Check out, what a surprise, my Capitol one card that's worked perfectly all over Europe didn't work there, so I had to use one that's going to charge me more, oh and the booking .com "total price to pay" DOES not include city tax so another 71cents extra per person.
On reflection sleeping in the car would have been preferable!!

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank unclejessie
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We booked this place via bookings.com. It was the last place we could find in Boulonge on a Saturday night at short notice. To this end it was satisfactory. I would say that you would choose this place if it fitted your budget. It has pros and cons. Make sure you get a lower floor room if you have heavy bags or can't climb stairs. We had room on top floor which made carrying bags up a big deal. The room is well organised for a tiny room. Have to climb up into shower which could be difficult for some. The wifi seems to only be available in the dining room and was quite satisfactory there. The TV in our room was disconnected from the power which was at ceiling height so needless to say we went without. In summary it was OK for a 2 star as advertised.

Room tip: The lower the floor, the better.
Date of stay: September 2013