“Dirty!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Roubaix
Brest, France
“Dirty!”
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very well located, the staff is really very nice but there is one big issue!
It is so dirty!!! I will not enter into the details but it is really unacceptable. This is really a pity because as I said the staff is very nice, rooms are ok and breakfast is very good.
Guys you need to do something!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
beaminster
Reviewed 2 August 2012

as ever excellent in every way. I use Ibbis regulary and always know what I am going to get. This makes planning for myself and staff very easy as I can expect the same level of service in all locations

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank daiseydogone
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I was there for 16 days, good location, friendly staff.

We was there for work, and eat often at the little restaurant in the lobby. Very good taste, the duck was very good.

Roubaix is a very poor city, but the location of ibis is right to the "Grande place" and most restaurant in the center city.

Thanks

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed for three nights and found it to be a fair hotel which has very close links by metro and tram to Lille.Staff were very helpful and spoke good english.We did eat in the hotel during two evenings and found the food very good and reasonably priced.The beds were comfortable and the facilities reasonable although no tea or coffee.All in all a good hotel for the money if a bit noisy with the traffic outside at times.

Room Tip: Higher floors....less noise
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We have stayed in this hotel for three nights in Jan 2012. It is in a very good location - close to both the tram and metro stations. We went to Lille (took us approxi 25 mins on the tram from the hotel) for a day, which was very nice despite the weather (rained pretty much non-stop). We didnt eat in the hotel as the menu simply didnt take our fancy. However it looked very busy throughout our stay there. The parking is good and secure, only sets you back 5 euro per night and has plenty of spaces. The staff there speak good English - very friendly and helpful. As suggested by a fellow tripadvisor reviewer we requested to stay on the top floor with a lovely view (facing the University). The room got a nice view but you could hear the traffic. Mind you after a night or so we kinda get used to it (its not that noisy really). The bed is comfy and the shower is good. The only problem is as keen tea / coffee drinkers we were a bit disappointed as there is no kettle in our room. Nevertheless we really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I recently stayed here overnight with a group of friends. It is extremely conveniently located approximately 100 metres away from the Euroteleport tram & Metro stops. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and spoke good English, despite our best efforts at destroying their own language!

It looked like quite a new building both outside and in. Reception was quite spacious and very clean. Indeed, this was much the case for the rest of the hotel. Checking in was very quick and easy, and we were handed our room keys within 2 minutes of arrival.

We had 3 rooms in total (1 room each) which all happened to be on the top (6th) floor. One of our group was in a corner room above the main entrance, whilst I was 2 rooms away, with the 3rd member of our group being next door to me with a connecting door between our rooms. The view from the rooms was quite good, of the rooftops and university opposite. The corner room was even better, it was an irregular shape, but had 2 windows on different walls so the views were more varied.

My room was very clean. Unlike a recent visit to another Ibis, there were plenty of spare pillows in the cupboard (they must have known I was coming!). There was plenty of storage space in the room, as well as a full height mirror, colour TV and 2 power sockets. The bed was very comfortable and gave an excellent nights sleep. Soundproofing was very good, with very little noise coming in from the corridor.

The bathroom was quite good, although not quite to the same standard as the rest of the room. The hair dryer was quite close to the door, so when I bumped into it half asleep during a 3am visit to the bathroom, I knocked the hose out of the holder which switched it on. There was a 230V power socket midway between this and the wash basin. The toilet for some reason was wedged tight up against the wall, despite there being plenty of space to shift it several inches into the room. I don't know why it wasn't fitted like this instead, or even at an angle facing into the room. The shower was good, with reasonable pressure and good temperature control.

The biggest negative with the bathroom was what I observed on several walls. Two of the shower walls and the one directly opposite the toilet had approximately a dozen curly human hairs stuck and dried to them. I have absolutely no idea how they got there, and I probably don't want to! Quite gross and disappointing.

We didn't eat in the restaurant, although we did use the bar area for a few drinks because the centre of Lille was prohibitively expensive to drink in, and Roubaix town centre seemed to shut down at 8pm on a Saturday evening. Drinks were still expensive compared to UK prices, but cheaper than Lille centre. Again, staff were friendly and efficient.

There is a locked left luggage cupboard in reception, which is currently free of charge. The receptionist was happy to unlock it so we could store our bags for several hours whilst popping back into town for the afternoon.

Apart from the dissatisfaction of the rogue hairs on the bathroom walls, this is an excellent well run hotel and will definitely be my first choice when I next visit the area. I would actually go so far as saying this is probably the best Ibis I've stayed in to date.

Room Tip: If possible, try and get a room on the top floor. If available, ask for the corner room (directly o...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roubaix
B&B Hotel LILLE Roubaix Campus Gare
Mercure Lille Roubaix Grand Hotel
Comfort Hotel Lille L'Union
Ibis Budget Lille Wasquehal
Ibis Lille Tourcoing Centre
B&B Hotel Lille Tourcoing Centre

Been to Ibis Lille Roubaix Centre? Share your experiences!