See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped here during the Paris Roubaix. Terrible. Ive stayed in some bad hotels/hostels in SE Asia and this is on a par with the worst. Our room was dirty and one of the bed sheets was stained. Communal toilets and showers. On a positive, the room was extremely cheap (so admittedly we didn't expect too much), but this level of cleanliness is not acceptable in Europe, regardless of the price.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2016

Arrived at this hotel for one night stay and it was an awful experience: Right from the off terrible receptionist who did not give a damn about customer service: When in reception a lady was changing a baby's dirty nappy on what turned out to be the breakfast table (which we found out the next morning: The rooms were filthy with damp sheets beds etc: A truly awful experience: AVOID....

Room Tip: NONE...awful hotel....
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

It was clean, extremely basic no frills accommodation. It was good value for money. I don't see what the vastly negative feedback is all about. People's expectations for €40 per night accommodation must be much higher than mine. The room was small but clean. The showers were acceptable and had plenty of hot water. The automated check in system was good for late arrivals.
If you want somewhere to get your head down and get washed that's cheap then this is your place. It's not a place for romance or families. It served our purpose.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2014

Being the person who booked this hotel I got the blame, we arrived on a Saturday evening and went to book in whilst my companions stayed with the car. The automated system did not recognise my booking reference and I was a little concerned with the young men hanging around outside the building so pressed the help button and someone came and let me in and dealt with the booking. I didn't get the family rooms I paid for but with the language barrier settled for the twins as there was only four of us. When I returned to the car I was definitely in trouble. There had been two guys trying to into the car, a naked man leaning out of one of the hotel window shouting at what appeared to be a working girl an argument between said girl and perhaps her pimp and three guys wondering around on mobiles. Two of us ventured into the hotel to check the rooms that were basic but clean, toilets and showers were in the hallway not quite what I had expected but was for only one night.
We collectively decided it was safer to leave our belongings in the car whilst we were out for the evening and take them in with us when we returned.
When we got back around midnight we parked in the secure car park and went to our rooms. In the foyer was families going out with young children said working lady leaning against the front door pimp sitting on wall and mobile guys wondering around.
We got to our rooms and locked doors promptly. I did venture out for a pee and was greeted by a naked lady with a small towel around her, I just smiled politely and got back to the room and put chair against the door.
I didn't get a great nights sleep as there were lots of chattering going on however my wife had a great nights sleep.
It looked like it was being used to house refugees/homeless and as you walked through the place people stared at you and it felt like a horror movie.
Only redeeming feature was the wifi was brilliant.
I didn't read the reviews prior to booking so I suppose I deserved the stick I got for the rest of the trip, but if you are reading this before booking don't just don't and if you do your a bloody idiot

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

All the bad things you read about French hotels are contained here. While our expectations were limited to begin with we learned very quickly that no matter how low they were they were likely to be too high. If the rooms had matched the published photos it would have been acceptable - unfortunately they did not. Rooms were dirty (sheets clean but covers filthy), paint peeling off, dodgy old fan heaters and dank and musty smells. Staff vacuuming corridors at 2030-2100h. It clearly states shared toilets/showers and these reasonably clean/functional. Foolishly we ordered the €3.75 breakfast - exceptionally limited offering sat on a small bench in the foyer right at front door. Two redeeming features - free car-parking and free wi-fi. While it is located in what appears a back-end of Roubaix, the metro/tram to Lille is only 400m walk. The whole block needs a good refurb to fix dilapidated infrastructure. While we paid on €74 for two rooms (2 x adults, 3 x children) when compared to what we got at an Ibis Budget in Aachen/Brugge for the same price this place over-charges and under-delivers: unfortunately like many hotels in France.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family