“This is a HOMELESS HOSTEL!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Lemon Hotel - Tourcoing
Lemon Hotel - Tourcoing
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Tourcoing
London, England, United Kingdom
“This is a HOMELESS HOSTEL!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is not a hotel, it is a homeless hostel. We arrived there after 22 hrs, so it was too late to look for another hotel. I've booked for 2 nights, but I left the other paid night behind as no way I would stay there another night. It was full of homeless, drunk people. The toilets and showers are outside the room, but I didn't go to the toilet or had a shower the night with fear of leaving my room! There were loads of drunk homeless people I'm the corridors, making noises all night. As people live in that hotel, they smoke in the rooms. The fire alarm goes off so you can't sleep! The room was so dirty, with cigarette butts all over the floor. The bed sheets didn't seem to have been changed and stank. All very disgusting. I had stayed in many budget places before, but nothing like that. I will be reporting this hotel as is being advertised as a hotel and it is in fact a homeless hostel. I am uploading a video in the youtube showing the disgusting state of our room, so check it out and have a look for yourself before you book this hotel please, I regret until this day to have stayed there. I will also report to the French authorities as I don't know how people can smoke in their rooms and ignore fire alarms and basic hygiene. The worse place I have ever been in my life. I would stay there eve if someone paid me to! Also the location is near a travellers site, really dangerous and dirty. There is absolutely nothing good about this place.

Room Tip: No good room - it is a homeless Hostel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Angela A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saskatoon, SK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

The website claims an espresso maker (that's actually laughable now that I've stayed here) in every room and makes no mention that toilets and showers are phone booth sized and down the hall. This place is old and hasn't been kept up. Also in a very industrialized neighborhood. For $45 Cdn you get what you pay for, but they should be honest upfront.

Cleanliness left a bit to be desired, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank PrairiePat

Travellers are raving about these Tourcoing hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tourcoing
B&B Hotel Lille Tourcoing Centre
Premiere Classe Lille Nord - Tourcoing
Ibis Lille Tourcoing Centre
Hotel Premiere Classe Lille Nord
B&B Hotel Lille Roubaix Centre Gare
Comfort Hotel Lille L'Union

Been to Lemon Hotel - Tourcoing? Share your experiences!