“Come again”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tourcoing
Barry, United Kingdom
“Come again”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Food at breakfast was pleasant. Room was comfortable. Parking not to bad. Staff pleasant. Overall a nice hotel for a quick stop over to visit the War Graves. Will definitely use this hotel again

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Tourcoing was my first planned stopped on a 4 day cycling tour visiting World War One battlefields and cemeteries in Belgium and France. I arrived via the direction of the town of Menin and eventually, after a period of getting lost and going around in circles, I found the Ibis Lille Tourcoing Centre hotel.

From the outside the hotel is rather plain and inconspicuous as it tends to blend in with the other building. I actually rode passed it earlier whilst trying to find it and it never stood out.
I was warmly welcomed by the hotel receptionist. If the hotel looks unassuming from the outside - the service once you enter is outstanding. The receptionist even suggested looking my touring bike by locking it within a storeroom rather than risking it being secured out on the street. All the staff I encountered spoke very good English - quite lucky as I had reached the limit of my French.
My room was very clean - it looks as if it was recently redecorated. The bed and the pillows were luxurious - not just because I was extremely tired - but as soon as I lay down I could feel the sensation of comfort.

I like how spacious the room was. Well, it was either side of the bed but it did almost reach to the other wall but their was plenty of space either side of it. There was a desk and adequate plug sockets. Whatever the purpose of your visit, business or leisure, this hotel is adequate to cater for both.

With inner city hotels their is usually a problem with light and noise. Not here. There were 2 sets of blinds; first a set which drew across and a second set which you pulled down, completely closing out any light from the street. I couldn’t hear anything of the street traffic outside which was a great comfort.

The only downside was in the shower/bathroom. Soap was provided in containers next to the sink and within the shower. The one within the shower was completely empty - a minor but very careless error by the hotel. There was also a couple of long hairs within the shower which hadn’t been cleaned since the last visitor. Things like this are important to visitors. “We” don’t like any indication or evidence of any previous guest.

Overall, apart from the petty errors in the shower/bathroom, the hotel is a good location to stay whilst in the area. I would gladly stay here at a future occasion when visiting Tourcoing again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bill_a_graham
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here at the beginning of December for just one night and that was enough. I have to ask myself why are there so few reviews for this hotel. We stayed in room 208 and it was nothing like the photos on their web site. This hotel was not booked by myself but through Newmarket travel as a weekend break. The areas around the stairs and lifts looked like they hadn't been hoovered for at least 3 days. The rooms were very small and the bed was only about 8 inches from the wall which made it very difficult for getting in and out. The bath panel was hanging off but it wouldn't have taken a lot to put it back. I think the bottom line is the hotel has been neglected it is very dated and scruffy in parts. Would I stay here again ? Never.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank peggysue75
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while on a coach trip to Brugge/Lille, when we arrived at the hotel, the coach driver couldn't find anywhere to park so we had to off load in a traffic lane which really wasn't good.The hotel has one lift which accommodates two people with luggage (we were lucky to have been near the front of the checking on queue) some people had to struggle up stairs with their luggage. Rooms were really old fashioned and need a good update. One good thing was the hot shower. Breakfast was continental style and very nice although the breakfast room was far too small for the amount of people staying there, all in all ok for one nights stay certainly no longer!

Room Tip: Don't think there is one!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Right In the centre of town close to all the amenities. Good restaurants nearby. Easy access by rail to Lille. Rooms are clean and comfortable with free wifi. Breakfast is the usual good Ibis one, complete with the suggestion that you take a paper cup of coffee with you on departure - a welcome touch. I travelled solo with Glentons Coach holidays.

Room Tip: Ask for a low floor room if you prefer not to use the tiny lift.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I will not be staying in any of the Ibis hotels again after this experience. When it came to checking out, I paid on Amex. The receptionist told us that payment had not gone through, we checked the credit card receipt and it said successful in French. The receptionist was forceful in that we had not paid and we were not to leave until we had paid. He tried the card again, credit card receipt said it was successful yet he insisted it was not and demanded cash, we told him we don't have the cash and tried talking to him about why the credit card receipt said successful. He would not let us leave and kept demanding cash. I gave him a Visa card and paid with that, when he knew he was not getting cash, he said payment had gone through.

I've checked my credit card statement and we have been charged 3 times, I've tried contacting Ibis (who dont publish phone numbers) yet they have not got back to me. I've contacted the credit card company and have disputed the payments.

We feel ripped off, clearly the receptionist wanted cash from us DESPITE us paying successfully on a credit card and to make it worse, Ibis will not even comment - my credit card company will get this resolved now.

The room was standard, no different to the budget Ibis hotels. Room was clean but built to a poor standard.

Will not use Ibis again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tourcoing
B&B Hotel Lille Tourcoing Centre
Premiere Classe Lille Nord - Tourcoing
Comfort Hotel Lille L'Union
B&B Hotel LILLE Roubaix Campus Gare
Comfort Hotel Garden Lille Tourcoing
Hotel-Restaurant des Acacias Lille Tourcoing
Hotel-Restaurant des Acacias Lil...
#1 of 2 in Neuville-en-Ferrain

Been to Ibis Lille Tourcoing Centre? Share your experiences!