All reviews perfect view own bathroom espresso machine baked cheese would return to this hotel bus stop take photos next morning very nice hotel lamb bit dated lovely room oysters free bus one night stay tour buses gate code
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Liked · Location was very convenient, very close to the shuttle stop. Rooms are good size. No a/c but it was pretty cool during the night so we did not need it. There is a restaurant on the first floor with outside sitting. After our late evening visit to the abbey we were trying to find a place to sit outside with the bottle of wine and fruits we've bought in the morning. The waiter was so nice, allowing us to use a table outside and even opening for us our bottle of wine and bringing plates and knives.
Disliked · It was hard to find the hotel. GPS brings you to "no enter" sign. You have to drive around to find a place where you can use a code to enter. It took us a while, signs would have helped a lot. When I called the hotel they just gave me code without explaining how to get there. The staff at the reception is not very welcoming. Don't provide any info unless asked but even then we've just got dry short not very clear answers to our questions. They look like they are tired of all the tourists coming to visit St.Mont Michelle.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Staff were very professional but also friendly and helpful. Room and bathroom were large, well lighted and very clean. Near lots of great restaurants and theaters. Loved having free breakfast with lots of choices on property.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ararathayk
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Room # 207 and were amazed at the view! Room has an upstairs and downstairs with both levels having a perfect view. Great balcony too! No air conditioning needed as the temperature was quite cool even at the end of July. Breakfast was acceptable but not the reason to stay here, it’s all about the view. My family and I can highly recommend staying here.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank J4168VAdavidw
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Our tour to Mont St. Michel included lunch at the restaurant located at the hotel. Service was ok, but after finding that two people at our table requested special meals they seemed to forget to bring entrees to the rest of us at the table. Our tour guide had to ask that our food be brought out. On each table were two bottles of water and two bottles of apple cider wine. Our lunch consisted of a small salad, a puff pastry with some sort of fish and vegetable medley, baked cheese, and dessert. At each place setting was a freshening towel and a package of cookies. Food was ok.

The view of Mont St. Michel from the restaurant was great. There were restrooms available for us to use, but often lines since there were several buses at the restaurant at the same time. There was a gift shop in the lobby.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

From the minute I saw the cigarettes in potplant ( no plant) at front entrance to the dismissive book in and stairs ( no lift) it was a faulty towers moment- in my room I rang asked for a fan, ( I was melting) to the roller door type window, the bugs as no screen, the glassdoor that opened over the top of tv, bike path with dinging bells and wafting sewerage into my room ...I knew I was in trouble. Sagging beds, questionably clean pillows old and soft - rang for another and was told extra one in cupboard- no I wouldn’t be getting anymore- still not enough to make bed flat. Rooms so hot and when friend said she had a fan, I asked and they said they didn’t have any... it was nearly time to book into Mercure a few doors down. Dinner at restaurant of same standard. Watery soup, fish full of bones, then decided to go outside for air- restaurant no fans or air conditioning either... was waiting with another 30 people but no one could be bothered serving us. A few went looking inside for service but it was just ridiculous- obviously the money they save on no service or air conditioning or cleaning means they don’t need to provide drinks- says bar- it’s a lie- so went to coin operated service across the road!!!! in desperation of somewhere cool we longingly looked at other air conditioned hotel MERCURE before walking to take photos at 10:30 pm of Mont St Michel - beautiful view- the only thing that saved this day from being a disaster and a good Australian sense of humour. ‘Guess that smell’ from canal was a favourite. Just don’t book , look and go to an air conditioned first world hotel.

Trip type: Travelled solo