Things we liked:
* Front desk staff were good, if a bit busy and maybe understaffed
* Front desk staff spoke English very well
* La Mere Poulard is at the bottom of the Mont, so you don't have to climb uphill as far with your luggage.
* Our room was good-sized and clean
* The wifi in our room was excellent
* The included breakfast was tasty.
* Attached bathroom was large and functional.
What we didn't like:
* Our room had not much of a view. I'm guessing you can improve this, but there was not an opportunity in our case.
* No elevator (true of all the hotels on the Mont) and no staff to carry luggage up the stairs. It was quite a workout for me!
In summary, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but I would pack lighter, and arrange for a room with a view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the only setting of its kind in the world, nestled in the middle of the medieval city of Mont Saint-Michel, La Mere Poulard offers you the charm and comfort of its hotel, the tradition and quality of its restaurant, the warmth and conviviality of its piano-bar: an unforgettable moment in this magical place full of history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your La Mere Poulard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mere Poulard Hotel Mont-St-Michel