“Wow”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Mont-Saint-Michel
Blackheath, Australia
“Wow”
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with friends and paid for half board, so dinner and breakfast where included. What a great decision, the four course meal was amazing and breakfast was very satisfying. The room was spacious and comfortable with river views.
We where a short walk tithe bus stop to get to the base of Mont saint Michel (but it is also only a short walk). Another close feature is the weir just behind it that is great for getting Photos of the Abbey. Great night spent hear.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank PIKMH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The hotel forget got to send the promised security code the day before.
I emailed and got no reply.
I rang and had to wait 10 minutes while the reception found the code and believe I had a booking.
We were sent round and round the outside car parks 4 times by an old french gentleman who must have been told not to let anyone go through the barrier to the hotels.
Eventually we got the code and made a dash for the barrier guarding the hotels. Punched the code in and we were through.
At the hotel, the receptionist looked at us when we told her our story. Shrugged her shoulders and pouted her lower lip as if, what do you expect me to do.
It really spoilt the beginning of the experience. We laugh now about the old boy who would not let us get to the hotel.
PLEASE GET THE CODE BEFORE YOU ARRIVE or just make a dash through the barrier.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ericab49
san francisco
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The hotel is outside the wall but I think the location is perfect if you want to photography Mont St Michel from a distance. The room was nice. Good size. Two sinks in bathroom. The floor was a bit squeaky. Wifi in room. I had to arrive at Mont St Michel one day later than I had originally planned. I phoned the hotel on that afternoon I was due to arrive and the lady was very understandable. So I just switched my arrival date to one day later. But when I arrived at the hotel late at night, the two guys working there were in such a hurry. I was only handed my room key. No telling me where my room is. Didn't have a chance to ask about wifi, breakfast, or checkout time. I think customer service needs some improvement.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Hilversum, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 25 May 2013

What can we say that has not been said already??
We loved the staff especially as we had a 9 months old with us at the time. The staff was very helping. Unless you stay in the Mont, you cannot stay closer to it: 3 minutes away with the shuttle that is on the hotel's doorstep! The restaurant is also a must. We went for lunch before driving off and we were pleasantly surprised (the "house cider" produced locally at a farm is EXCELLENT).
Only negative for us: it needed a little refresh but I now read that this happened since our visit so it should be 5/5 by now.

Room Tip: A few rooms have a view to the Mont, request it when you book.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fabrice P
San Jose, California
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I took my mom (68 years old) to MSM from Paris. Our bus from Rennes arrived only a few steps away so it was really convenient. We elected to eat dinner at its restaurant and the experience was good! Even though there were a tour group of Japanese (about 30-40) but they were really quiet and orderly. Because of the large group I was prepared for slow service but it was actually not the case at all!

My mom and I thoroughly enjoyed the embiance of the beautiful dining hall as well as the food and service. Furthermore, our room (105) has a tiny balcony where you can stick out your head and see the gorgeous MSM! It is small, of course, but I like the sight of it.

Speaking of convenience, the supermarket is just across street and the free shuttle to MSM is only steps away. I bought a bottle of the famous cidre at the display stands right next to the hotel; later I found out the prices at the supermarket were a lot lower. Though I liked the supermarket in general I did feel that I was ripped off big time by buying a 4GB memory card from it (about 19 euros), even the souvernir store in the abbey was much cheaper (10 euros for 4GB).

It is very chilly in the evening there so make sure you bring eough warm clothes with you!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank debrakuo
Seattle
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We chose this hotel because it is within walking distance of MSM, it is also right across from the public shuttle bus. Our room was in a modern part of the hotel that appeared to have been recently been remodeled. The decor was fresh and modern and comfortable, very welcoming. I was particularly happy to find the bathroom sink placed inside a wide counter, that is such a rarity outside American hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ysolde_voyages
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 May 2013

If you want to stay overnight in Le Mont Saint Michel, you have to decide whether to stay on the island or on the mainland. We chose the mainland, and we were happy with that decision primarily because you can park near your hotel. There is a cluster of hotels on the mainland that have their own parking lots. Various restaurants are nearby The entire area is secured by a gate. The massive day-tripper parking lots are not far away, and the free shuttle buses to the island leave from the middle of the hotel cluster, convenient to all of them.

The Relais du Roy is a basic hotel. The room was clean and comfortable enough, but small. By leaning out the window, you could see the Mont in the distance. At night, a metal cover can roll down over the window/door to make it quite dark inside. As mentioned in other reviews, there is neither an elevator nor a bellman to help carry your bags.

The only hotel with rooms that look straight at the Mont is the Relais St. Michel. It costs more than the du Roy, but it would be my choice on my next trip.

Once the road construction is completed, the shuttle buses will drop you off directly in front of the Mont. For now, you must walk the final 1/4 to 1/2 mile.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple