“Great location for Mont Saint Michel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Digue

La Digue
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Mont-Saint-Michel
Belo Horizonte - BRAZIL
“Great location for Mont Saint Michel”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The hotel is nicely located with an extraordinary view (both dining room and breakfast on 2nd floor ) of the Mont St Michel.
Very clean room (with facilities) and good options at the restaurant (this a bit pricy though).

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We booked it months in advance and we specifically requested twin beds. We we arrived we found that the rooms were one "double" bed (tiniest ever) in and even tinier room. We complained and finally they obliged putting us in a bigger room. It is not a great hotel, and definitely not a 3 star by any standards, but it is conveniently located to visit Mont Saint Michel (MSM) as it is absolutely advisable to go there as early in the morning as possible. Not recommendable but not many options around.

All what surrounds MSM is overpriced and tourist related, but when one sees the monumental view of MSM all is worthy.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

2 Thank Vtxo

Travellers are raving about these Mont-Saint-Michel hotels

Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Booked this due to proximity of Mont St Michel and the free parking through bookings.com.

Was expensive but thought it would be worth it due to proximity. The hotel could have been anywhere.

Room had a view of a fence and had a very bad red theme. The beds have very old blankets, no duvets. It was a family room for four but the room had four single beds. The beds are lumpy and we had horse riders and joggers passing by our window.

The bathroom was lovely - one of the nicest I have seen in a hotel and they have free wifi although it was a bit patchy and not consistent with loading.

The restaurant has a lovely view of Mont St Michel but it is expensive - €4.50 for a class of coke.

I offered to pay on arrival but was told I could pay when leaving. The price from booking.com was €120 for a room for four persons. When I got there they quoted €130. When leaving I was charged an extra €29 for the children, tourist tax etc which I questioned and was told in very suddenly poor English that they are on the booking conditions. Thetaxes where on the conditions but nothing about the children supplements. I had been told on checking in about the extra €39 I would have voted with my feet.

Not good value - best to avoid. Wouldn't go back.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Yule42
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Had to stay here because all the higher-rated hotels were booked. Although the location is great for taking photos of the Abbey (it's the last hotel before the causeway), otherwise it's no great deal. Our room was tiny and the wireless didn't work in the room. Worse than this, though, were the paper thin walls, which meant that I was able to listen to the spirited conversations of many other hotel guests well into the night. But the breakfast wasn't bad and the dining room had a view of Mont-St-Michel, and at least the price reflected the quality.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Uberscheduler
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I actually liked this hotel more than I thought I would. I only booked here because of the location, and that's really the best thing about it. Still, with the often nasty winds there walking to the mont is not fun. And, the majority of the rooms do not have a view of the mont. Therefore, staying here for the proximity to the mont really wasn't necessary. Had I realized that, I would have stayed elsewhere where I felt I got a little more value for my dollar. As it was, I paid the same amount I paid for much nice places in other locations. Still, the room was clean, the bathroom was large by European standards and the staff was local. It just lacked any sort of charm or character.

• Stayed July 2009
Austria
Reviewed 24 July 2009

The hotel was simple, but so close of Mont Saint Michel, that even once we went there walking... the other three times we went by car... lazy holidays... :D

The room was a standar hotel room, everything was dark red, but confortable beds. The bathroom was clean and tidy, but realllyyy smal... we felt that we were having a shower in a plane toilet..., but funny. The shower is powerful, but small for two.

The receptionist was very helpful, and her English was fantastic... odd quality to find in France.

The restaurant got a panoramic view of the Mont St. Michel, but we didn´t eat there, even the plates looked nice.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My daughter & I enjoyed this hotel - location was good as it was the last in line before you get to the Mont. We walked to the Mont from the hotel. The food & service was very good. It was hot while we were there but not unbearable. We opened the window to cool the room down and closed it for sleeping. The only problem we encountered was getting there - if you don't have a car or are on a bus tour - it is not an easy place to access - we took a train & then a bus from Paris and it took all day long!

• Stayed June 2009