The disappointment of smaller, cramped sites and north facing decking soon evaporated as we, (my husband and I, and our two sons aged 15 and 12years), were immediately seduced by the facilities at Siblu's Bois Masson site.
Our accommodation was spotlessly clean; a 2-bed Excellence with fully equiped kitchen, large freezer, spacious lounge and superb power shower.
The Siblu staff were attentive and helpful on our arrival. They were quick to resolve a fridge tray issue, some crockery and also helped us get to grips with the sofa bed in the lounge that was bliss for our 15 year old to sleep in instead of the narrow beds in the twin room.
With two pools, flumes, jacuzzi and aqua classes, visiting the pool at different times of day varied the attendance and introduced us to water polo and aerobics. The life guards were omnipresent and consciencious; (quick to enforce the pool rules), which meant I felt that our children could be at the pool without us.
Our 12 year old had hours of fun making friends around the table tennis tables and games room. He thrived on the sociability of the site. The site feels very safe.
We took our own bikes as we knew the area, and enjoyed the fabulous cycle paths through the cool, fragrant pine forests, St Jean de Monts being a popular destination with it's stunningly glittery sandy beach, and the attractive promenade, thoughtfully designed for cyclists and hosting many beach front events including fireworks - don't forget to take your lights).
This year, with our children ever growing older - and staying up later, we really appreciated the various evening entertainments and the Olympics coverage at the bar. We were never bothered by noise from the disco, even though we were very close to the facilities. The site security was discrete but effective (having seen a group of youths silently ejected from the bar one evening).
We were holidaying in peak season, expecting more traffic and a generally busy site, however, the recycling and general bin areas were always tidy and clean, staff had time for us, the site shop was always open, the supermarkets were quiet before noon.
The benefits were abundant ~ plenty of other friendly youngsters, incredibly clean and well -appointed accommodation, a fabulous swim complex, a great location for getting on your bike and exploring plus multiple clean, gently shelving beaches a short drive away for skim boarding and body boarding depending on the wave action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Bois Masson is a family village with plenty of entertainments for children and adults. There is an indoor and outdoor pool with slides and lifeguards, free children's clubs, a multi-sports pitch with football coaching in July and August, bike hire, a bar and a restaurant. Fantastic golden beaches and great golf courses are a short drive. Spacious, modern holiday homes, with terraces as extra, provide the accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Siblu Villages - Le Bois Masson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Bois Masson Hotel St-Jean-De-Monts
- Siblu Villages - Le Bois Masson Saint-Jean-De-Monts, Vendee, France