Mercure Amiens Cathedrale
US$109
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Victor Hugo(Amiens)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
Campanile Amiens Centre Gare(Amiens)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$55
US$91
US$87
1,190 results
All reviewsprivilege roommodern hotelcar parkjunior suitethe riverexcellent locationrooms are spaciousseparate toiletst leucathedral viewexpress breakfastgood sizeamiens cathedralreception stafflight showstandard roomaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at Mercure Cathedral Amiens last weekend for a relaxing time with family members. Hotel and rooms excellent and location couldn't have been better. We were lucky enough to have perfect summe weather so were out and about a lot and found everything more or less on our doorstep.
Food and service very good. We have every intention of coming back.

Room Tip: The same tip that I had picked up from this page: over 60 years old? Yyou get complimentary breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
H7076, Directeur général at Mercure Amiens Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Marit,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay at our Hotel. I was delighted that you had good weather and enjoyed all aspects of your stay .
I am very pleased to read that you also got the time to sample our restaurant l'Echanson. Please do come and stay with us once again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My 75 year old mother and I stayed at this hotel for a few days at the end of May 2014. The hotel is in an excellent central location within walking distance to restaurants, the Cathedral, Gare SNCF, a small supermarket and shopping strips. There is also secure parking nearby for those with a car. The main purpose for our visit was to participate in some battlefields tours as my maternal grandfather had been posted in the region during WW1.

Our room was most comfortable and looked directly out on to the Cathedral - we wished we could have stayed longer. There is free WiFi, certain mini bar items are free and they offer a superb buffet breakfast which is free for anyone over the age of 60 (& their accompanying guest).

In terms of customer service, the front desk staff were second to none. We had some serious issues with our hire car (the details of which are to lengthy to go into here!) and the front desk staff "Project Managed" this between them and eventually the problem was resolved. we were so appreciative of their assistance. They were so helpful, friendly and very patience & tolerant of our basic French. They all spoke excellent English although out of respect we did try to speak French whenever we could.

We highly recommend this hotel and as a result of our positive experience with Mercure we have continued to stay at their hotels while in France.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Cathedral.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear CatFranck,
I was delighted that your mother and yourself enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Mercure Hotel. Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us especially the service you received from my great team. I was delighted that we met your expectations and please do come and join us again in the near furture.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a suite for our wedding anniversary. We were so impressed with the reception staff who are a credit to the hotel. The suite had a spacious balcony with a very good view of the cathedral, and the rooms were immaculate and well appointed. Dinner was first class, as one would expect. There is no parking but an overnight / secure car park is nearby and not expensive ( the staff helped with all this).

Room Tip: Ask about the suites - it is worth the extra.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
H7076, Directeur général at Mercure Amiens Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Lou,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit.
I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with your room and your dinner in the restaurant L'Echanson. Your comment that the staff were impressive is most appreciated. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location. The Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Amiens is across the street and is a must to see.
There are plenty of restaurants to go to within a short walking distance from the hotel.
My room was awesome! Pity my tour only stayed one night here.
The hotel does have free WIFI. If you’re like me and didn’t bring a computer device, they do have a computer with free Internet in the hotel beside the reception desk.
The breakfast was pretty good with a variety of breads, cheeses, fruits, cold cuts, orange juice and coffee.
My room was awesome. The toilet is in a separate room from the shower and sink. The room with the shower was neat, it had speakers so I can hear the TV.
I loved this hotel and Amiens. Pity it was for only one night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TravellerKitchener
H7076, Directeur général at Mercure Amiens Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear TravellerKitchener,
I was delighted that your group and yourself enjoyed your recent stay with us at our Hotel. Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us especially the service you received from my great team. I was delighted that we met your expectations and please do come and join us again in the near furture.
My kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I spent 4 nights in this lovely hotel using Amiens as a base for some exploring around the Somme area. The hotel was really lovely - very modern, super clean and in a really great location - just minutes from the Cathedral and about a 5 minute walk away from the shops and maybe 10 minutes max from some lovely restaurants along the river / canals in St Leu - couldn't have asked for a better place location wise.

The rooms were clean, bathrooms were lovely and the beds very comfy - had a really good nights sleep every night. Breakfast was good too with a good selection of different options.

My only criticism would be that the hotel bar never had any gin - even though i asked for it every night! I heard the restaurant food was a little average but i never ate there and you are so close to many good places to eat - just ask the girls on reception for a recommendation.

Finally - the reception staff were helpful too - especially Fanny - she was excellent - really knew her stuff and always went out of her way to be extra helpful and give lots of advice on trains. places to visit and places to eat.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the cathedral
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
H7076, Directeur général at Mercure Amiens Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit.
I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with your room and breakfast in our restaurant. Your comment for the staff is most appreciated. I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognised.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in our hotel in the near future.
Yours sincerely,