“Jacques the extraordinary host”

Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes"
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amiens
Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes"
Ranked #5 of 15 Amiens B&B and Inns
Kojonup, Australia
“Jacques the extraordinary host”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Jacques could not have been more helpful. Jacques organised a hire car, arranged washing and prepared an evening meal. On top of this he helped to plan two days in the Somme area, exploring both the Australian War Cemeteries and gardens in Amiens. The accommodation was very comfortable, with all needs met.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear guests from down under !

It was a pleasure really to help you and know you've appreciated this city with its monuments and gardens, ponds and floating gardens ! A pleasure also to share about our first WW where our grandfathers and uncles were involved. our landscapes and villages keep their memories as you know.
It shows that despite distances we have a common background and a lot to share nowadays also.
i wish you a good trip with nice experiences whatever the continent i'm sure you'll make friends. Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My sister and I spent the last night of our holiday in France at "Les Trois Plumes" and were sorry we couldn't stay longer. Jacques is a charming host and his house is full of interesting books and paintings. We got all the help we needed in terms of maps and directions and when we told him we were in the area to visit one of the World War I memorials, Jacques gave us a book of WWI photos to look through. He is an attentive host but not intrusive. We had a great night's sleep and a tasty breakfast the next morning. On va revenir!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thanks charming hosts, i would have liked to talk more with you dear Irish visitors ! for me it was a nice moment, too short to explain more and listen more about the subjects you were interested in ! Nevermind if i could in any way help or send more informations, answer to questions , help in anyway about Picardie and France, you're welcome. You do know that this area famous with the british front line , Picardie is also famous for nature and the Somme bay, gothic art, its art and Jules Verne museums, its prehistoric Samara site, if in any case you've the opportunity our conversation could go on. Thanks for your visit and your comments.
Matlock, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A lovely stopover on our way to southern Brittany. Jacques was a delightful host: informative, attentive and witty. He kindly took his own car from his garage and parked it on the street so that we could use the garage for our own bike laden car.
Lots of space and a separate room for our teenage daughter. We loved the garden too.
Thanks, Jacques!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thanks to drop me a few lines its very of you!, when satisfied its a pleasure to comment the pleasure we had to meet . The pleasure I had to welcome you and be as helpful as possible. A pleasure for me to speak a little english and talk about your country and our common history. I hope you had nice weather to enjoy bicycles near Carnac. Enjoy your holydays and best wishes from La Picardie
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stopped here overnight on a London-Paris bike ride, arriving from Calais. Jacques and his wife cooked us a delicious meal on arrival and made four worn out guys in bike shorts feel very welcome in their home. It was a respite from grinding out the miles on the road and we were able to set off for Paris the next morning properly refuelled and refreshed. The stay was one of the highlights of our trip!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thanks for your message, a pleasure to get news from your cyclist team . At this moment, I felt more or less like a coach providing help and best conditions for the champions you are. You showed when passing how its possible to travel whitout cars or tgv or motor-cycles or buses crossing our villages and towns like arrows. Congratulations for your challenge so tough requiring energy and good physical conditions. Thank you for your nice words it was a pleasure to meet you and be as helpfull as possible. Anyway welcome if by chance you ever cross my area by train or car or bus or motor-cycles !
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is the only place to stay when your in Amiens. We had an excellent welcome from Jaques and his wife who cooked us a delicious meal on arrival. The rooms were spacious and clean and we had 3 rooms to ourselves which was excellent value for money. Our son loved having his own room. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful with fantastic home made jams. We felt at home here and would recommend it to anyone and hope to return in the future and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The only regret is that we did not stay for longer than two nights!

• Stayed June 2013
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thanks Sarah and Tom for your nice words, I'm pleased you've appreciated my home and the moments we've shared. I was happy also to welcome you both and Dan so happy and bright.
Congratulations for enjoying France, ;Britany and Picardie. It was a pleasure for me also to meet you and help as far as I can. Sure we'll have a real pleasure to meet again and talk about our common history and common neighbourhood culture. To see you dear friends and cheers. Jacques
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed for two nights as part of a tour of the WW1 battlefields. It was an impromptu visit, and we had not researched or planned the trip. Jacques, the owner, had a lot of material handy and gave some excellent advice on where to visit. This definitely made for a successful trip. We also needed some washing done, and after asking Jacques where we could do it locally, he offered to wash our clothes for us. His breakfasts were hearty, and the room was very nice - more than adequate - with an ensuite, microwave and small fridge. Jacques was very keen to help where he could. For us, the crowning glory was when we accidentally left some money behind and Jacques went out of his way to return it. We would definitely recommend it to our friends who will also be touring the area in a couple of months - excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for the ensuite room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thanks John and Belinda for your visit and your so nice comment. It was a pleasure for me also to share a few moments talking about Picardie , art and our common history. I am always impressed to realize how young people may be interested by this crual first world war and how you were open to know more about mankind evolution even with Samara and Jules verne and so on . Australia so far and so close thanks to you ! perfect ambassadors of a young country so self reliant and so interesting in many aspects. I wish you a nice trip to switzerland and Egypt. It was a pleasure to meet you .
Jacques
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I was on a cycling tour of the Somme area and had booked into Les Trois Plmes (3 Feathers.)
On the day of my arrival I had cycled from Cambrai to Allonville in appalling weather. I arrived drenched and tired. When i arrived the host, Jacques Fauquembergue, greeted me at the gate. Helped me unload the bike and offered me a very welcoming beer! Jacques English is faultless, which is fortunate as my French is a bit basic! The accommodation is very nice and although I had to use the family shower facilities I never felt I was being obtrusive. (There is another room with en suite facilities) Jacques cooked me a wonderful meal and breakfast was plentiful. All in all, a superb stay in a nice house in a great location. Will definitely return. Free wifi was an added bonus too!

Room Tip: Ask for the en suite if available
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Gillsfan59
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thanks Tom for your comment, I've been pleased to welcome you giving me the opportunity to be helpful. It is a real pleasure to open my door and try to welcome the traveller and sportsman you are after such a physical challenge and effort.
Its like an honour when I realize your determination and courage to leave a comfortable and daily peaceful life to venture abroad only with your bicycle and a few light bags... a kind of modern pilgrimer really!
You know my place and you know how this area "La Picardie" so close to UK may be interesting with history, architecture, arts, nature, sea-side...
See you soon Tom!